Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It took about 7 weeks for my pre employment forms to show "Complete" on CASS.
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• At the rate of the expedited process, it seems like you'll end up getting a job offer before CASS is updated!!
      BPA

Tested--8/12/2008-97%
      Fitness---09/02/2008--Passed
      Oral Board---8/21/2008--Passed
      Med---09/02/2008--Passed
      Drug Test-9/18/2008- Passed
      Pre-Employment Forms---11/08/2008--Completed
      Background Investigation- 11/08/2008---Passed

Quals-8/22/2008 Submitted-Pending

CBPO

Tested---98%---8/5/2008

MCIIS(Mercyhurst Institute For Intelligence Studies)

Bachelor's Degree--3.6 GPA--11/13/2008[/SIZE]

Comment

• haha! hopefully. I got scheduled for my drug test tomorrow........
        Tested--07/12/2008-passed
        pre-employment papers--08/22/2008-completed
        oral board--08/29/2008--passed
        medical/fitness--09/02/2008--passed
        drug test--09/03/2008--passed
        background investigation--09/18/2008--complete
        qualifications--completed
        referred to TSU--9/26/08--completed
        EOD 10/20--

Comment

• Well that means that mine has got to be right around the corner here
          BPA

Tested--8/12/2008-97%
          Fitness---09/02/2008--Passed
          Oral Board---8/21/2008--Passed
          Med---09/02/2008--Passed
          Drug Test-9/18/2008- Passed
          Pre-Employment Forms---11/08/2008--Completed
          Background Investigation- 11/08/2008---Passed

Quals-8/22/2008 Submitted-Pending

CBPO

Tested---98%---8/5/2008

MCIIS(Mercyhurst Institute For Intelligence Studies)

Bachelor's Degree--3.6 GPA--11/13/2008[/SIZE]

Comment

• Anyone else out there get scheduled for their structured interview on Sunday, September 7th down at the Sector Headquarters in Chula Vista? Just thought I'd see if anyone on here is going.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoKalCopKid View Post
              Anyone else out there get scheduled for their structured interview on Sunday, September 7th down at the Sector Headquarters in Chula Vista? Just thought I'd see if anyone on here is going.
              Good luck with your O/B. It's alot of fun
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• does any one nows, how is it like the border patrol academy ?????

Comment

• I have heard that it is possible to recieve a medical waiver for hearing loss. I do not know what extent is allowed for a waiver but am interested in finding out. Does anyone have any facts on Border Patrol medical waivers, the process or where to look?

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                    Good luck with your O/B. It's alot of fun

Iv been waiting for this since I applied back in December....yet it came so soon. Lol. I dont think I could be more prepared at this point. I read and reread everything off honorfirst.com, borderpatrol.gov, and cbp.gov. Almost have it all memorized. Hahah

Comment

• Originally posted by youngpup View Post
                      I have heard that it is possible to recieve a medical waiver for hearing loss. I do not know what extent is allowed for a waiver but am interested in finding out. Does anyone have any facts on Border Patrol medical waivers, the process or where to look?
                      Do you have a TO with BPA yet?
                      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• I'm currently active duty in the marines and on a deployment, When I return I will have a year and 9 months on my contract. Im planning on applying for the Border Patrol about a year before I get out. I was just wondering if theres anything I should start doing now to make my self a better candidate, and if there is any military training I should possibly try and receive before hand? Also I have never spoken a different language, Would it be smart to try and learn Spanish while I'm waiting? I figured I may as well use the tuition assistance for the classes while active duty. Also has any one used the GI Bill Apprentice program when starting with the BPA?? Its listed on the website as eligible for the program, but I have heard its a pain and takes for ever to get paid for it. Last but not least I know I have quite some time before applying, but it can be tough transition leaving the military, I know since this is my second enlistment so I'm just trying to be prepared, does any one have any opinions on how getting a job with the Border Patrol will be like in the next year and a half?

Thanks for any help to my questions! I did alot of searching on my own first, so hopefully these havent been asked already...
                        Last edited by Lucas; 09-04-2008, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• Welcome aboard, Lucas. With veterans preference points, you should have no trouble getting aboard.. They're hiring like crazy now but that may change if Obama is elected. The words "hiring freeze" will soon become your worst nightmare. For that reason, I would start the application sooner rather than later. They probaby deal with applicants in your position all the time, so they'll probably be very understanding putting your application on the shelf once its all done and waiting for your contract to be up--especially if you sign an agreement to it and are just counting the months away. In most peoples cases from the time you start your application to the time you take the written test could be anywhere from two weeks to two months. Therefore, if you go that route, the best thing you could do is buy yourself a book on the TEA exam, like the Arco book.

You don't need to know a foreign language. If you're familiar with Spanish you'll test on that, otherwise it will be the artificial language test. It may help in the "tell me about yourself" portion of the panel interview, but don't drop everything (the TEA exam) to learn Spanish now.

Comment

• CWU, why do you think if Obama is elected there will be a hiring freeze? The BP has a high attrition rate. IMO, I see no hiring freeze in the horizon...maybe a slowdown if possible but no hiring freeze.

Comment

• I'd like to address two points. FIRST to CWU: I just moved away from Sierra Vista, AZ. You need to be assigned to either Naco or Douglas Stations to live in SV. The town is pretty small, but MUCH nicer than most "Border" towns. The climate is nice. However, once you leave the city the elevation drops rapidly and by the time you drive to your aor, it's pretty HOT! It's gotten pretty expensive to live there. Do your homework on housing and make sure you can afford it. Also, you are one hour from Tucson...

SECOND: I used to work for the BP. I would like to add one tid-bit of advice to current Police Officers. The BP is NOTHING like the patrol work that you do now. You are NOT a cop, you are an immigration official. Big difference. I thought it would not be that big of a deal, still get blue lights, can't be that bad, right. Wrong. You will not conduct traffic stops the way you do now, and maybe once a year you will back up a deputy on some random call. That's about it as far as LE as you know it. I'm a street cop at heart and the BP did not fill that void. However, the job is fun at times and it is what you make of it. If you work hard there are some cool special details that can be a lot of fun. But at the end of the day, it's all about the "line." Just something for you guys to consider.... Stay safe.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Don951 View Post
                                CWU, why do you think if Obama is elected there will be a hiring freeze? The BP has a high attrition rate. IMO, I see no hiring freeze in the horizon...maybe a slowdown if possible but no hiring freeze.

Yes, the BP has a very high attrition rate. I know nothing is written in stone, but it sounds as if Lucas wants to best his chances for getting aboard. I think its better to start the app sooner rather than later. Just my opinion and I respect yours.

Okay my two bit political analysis: McSame has promised to secure the borders. That's a campaign pledge he needs to make in order to keep conservatives on board. He knows its comes at the cost of a few independents/Hispanics. Barack Hussein Obama hasn't given a straight answer on the issue so he doesn't unite conservatives and keep as many Hispanic Americans and illegal aliens voting for him as possible. My guess is that he'll cut funding for the Secure Border Initiative and bring back all the incentives for illegal immigration to continue. Just my $0.02.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9075 users online. 281 members and 8794 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X