300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
    I failed the BP test. Again. I got stuck on too many questions and ran out of time, despite my best efforts. Good luck to all of you who passed it with the rest of the process.
    What parts did you get stuck on? How was the ALT section? Any tips?

I have my test in 2 weeks.

Comment

• Just got an update on my CASS that I passed the structured interview and the fitness. It states that my medical has been sent to the Medical Review Office and should be done no more than 4 weeks after the exam date. In that case the 4th week for me should be next Monday for me.

Comment

• Nice!! CASS updated here too!! 4 green checks, 3 to go!!

Tested 8/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
          Nice!! CASS updated here too!! 4 green checks, 3 to go!!

Tested 8/16/10
          +1 this process is starting to get a little green!
          Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• Originally posted by ee78 View Post
            Just got an update on my CASS that I passed the structured interview and the fitness. It states that my medical has been sent to the Medical Review Office and should be done no more than 4 weeks after the exam date. In that case the 4th week for me should be next Monday for me.
            Thanks for the heads up! It's nice looking at a few more green check marks. I have my medical/PFT 1 scheduled for this Friday. Aside from that, everything else shows pending.

Anyone have any advice on how to pass the step test with a tender knee?! Ever since I've begun to intensify my running distance, I suffer form the Iliotibial band syndrome. It bothers me to climb steps, but I plan on wearing a brace and doing some good stretches beforehand and pray for the best!
            BPA - SW
            App - 7/15/10 | Exam - 8/18/10 | NOR - 8/25/10 | TO - 9/10/10 | TO (2) - 10/1/10 | OB - 10/13/10 - Passed! | Med/PFT1 - 11/5/10 - Passed! | Drug Screening - 2/9/11 | Background - 4/26/11 / 5/5/11 - Initial Contact / Met Investigator | Polygraph - 9/2/11 - Informed by examiner of passing...pending IA approval

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffMerr View Post
              What parts did you get stuck on? How was the ALT section? Any tips?

I have my test in 2 weeks.
              Use that book given to you. It's all you need. Focus more on the rules than memorizing the language. They will use a totally different language on the actual test, but the structure and grammar rules are identical to the ones in the practice book.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                Nice!! CASS updated here too!! 4 green checks, 3 to go!!

Tested 8/16/10
                where can i find the application id?
                officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
                  I know that the USSS Uniformed Division drug policy is case by case. However, within a year still might be too soon for them. You could try though.

We all do things we regret, unfortunately this one comes with a time constraint. If you still wish to be in law enforcement I suggest you look at what qualifies someone to enter at a higher gl level. For instance, you can enter into the Patrol as a gl-5 or a gl-7 (or even higher). Then use this time to find a job that will qualify you for it.
                  Very sound advice and that is what I had planned to do. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                    I had a buddy that scored a perfect 100 and passed everything until he got to the background investigation. He smoked marijuana 1 time 2 years and like 8 months prior to taking the BPA test. They did not accept him because it was within the last three years. They told him to take the next test and he would be hired as long as nothing else changed. He eventually went to a local PD and is doing great. Don't give up if LE is what you want to do. Just make sure you prove that you changed your lifestyle. Good luck.
                    Roger that. I was in the Army from 18-20, so the last time I had smoked must have been when I was 17. Boy was I stupid to smoke that last time after I was discharged, haha. But yes, applying to Chicago PD as we speak, and will apply to for a BPA next time around.

Comment

• Originally posted by BPA n 2011 View Post
                      Thanks for the heads up! It's nice looking at a few more green check marks. I have my medical/PFT 1 scheduled for this Friday. Aside from that, everything else shows pending.

Anyone have any advice on how to pass the step test with a tender knee?! Ever since I've begun to intensify my running distance, I suffer form the Iliotibial band syndrome. It bothers me to climb steps, but I plan on wearing a brace and doing some good stretches beforehand and pray for the best!
                      Stretching the IT band is hard to do, and it won't do jack. I recommend getting a foam roller (search if you don't know what that is), and rolling over your IT band. Also, try going into a chiropractor and/or sports massage therapist to work on it.

Comment

• My CASS updated as well. Pre-employment forms is still pending, so is Drug Screening, and Background Investigation. I'm guessing they will be starting BI soon.
                        What is Perseverance?
                        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

At the academy you'll do a lot of running. The final test is 1.5 miles, but you'll run 5+ miles other days. The step test is probably 1/4 the difficulty of the other physical activities you'll do.

Comment

• A little confused after some recent discussion....
                            On USAJOBS Border Agent job listing, it is currently broken into three (or 4?) BPA jobs, Texas, Ariz, Cal, (poss N.M?). If i am interested in any or all, do I need to apply under any or all, or pick one and apply? If I only pick one, does it give you a "wish list" later in the application process? Thanks.
                            USMS Region 3
                            Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
                            Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
                            Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
                            BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
                            Medical:2/15/10
                            MedicalReview: 4/15/10
                            FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
                            Drug: 6/5/10
                            Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
                            Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
                            Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
                            Written: 12/27/10
                            NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
                            To:
                            Medical:

Comment

• Originally posted by hexen220 View Post
                              where can i find the application id?
                              Should be in your TO email in red print.

Comment

I recorded the the cadence on my iphone recorder and practice whenever I had a chance. I went for the med/PFT1 wearing my duty uniform and passed without a problem. (Dr. asked if I was going to change...) As long as you practice a bit, you should be fine.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5194 users online. 396 members and 4798 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X