• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're starting to watch like hawks on AUO too

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
      They're starting to watch like hawks on AUO too
      Does this mean that the unwritten "rule of thumb" of 25% AUO could be reduced soon, or that they just don't want to go over the 25%? I don't want to sign up counting on that and then have it all go away...25% is no laughing matter....
      USMS Region 3
      Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
      Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
      Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
      BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
      Medical:2/15/10
      MedicalReview: 4/15/10
      FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
      Drug: 6/5/10
      Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
      Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
      Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
      Written: 12/27/10
      NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
      To:
      Medical:

Comment

• Originally posted by jtl323 View Post
        Does this mean that the unwritten "rule of thumb" of 25% AUO could be reduced soon, or that they just don't want to go over the 25%? I don't want to sign up counting on that and then have it all go away...25% is no laughing matter....
        AUO will never go over the 25%. AUO is actually not an hourly salary, its a straight 25% paid based upon the average of previous work weeks (I think its 3 pay periods now). For instance, if you worked 100 hrs each pay period for 3 pay periods, then only 80 hours the next pay period, you will still get your 25%.

I would be very surprised if it disappears or is even reduced. The problem has been more prevalent now because of the new journeyman gl-12s, which is putting a higher strain on the budget and making people reach the salary cap quicker then expected, especially for specialty groups and k-9 handlers.

Comment

• Good morning gentlemen, i have a question and hopefully one of you can assist me. Passed written, received tsl1 in august; packet was submitted. Passed oral board physical and medical but i have not received anything else. How often does cass get updated?

Comment

• Originally posted by jtl323 View Post
            The 25% AUO isn't going away, but there is a push to get us switched to 25% LEAP pay, which would eliminate FLSA for BPAs.

Comment

• Bpa
              august 2010 re-applied under new announcement
              august 13 received tsl1
              august 18 mailed out tsl1 packet
              sep 23 passed medical and physical

have not received anything else.

Comment

• Well, I just got a letter from the MHC saying I successfully completed the pre-employment processing and I have been referred to the Training and Scheduling Unit!! However, CASS does not show this! Oh well, I have a paper trail that says otherwise! In the letter MHC was pretty low key on giving any indication of a possible academy date. I figure it won't be till the spring time but I'll really start hitting the gym more and use this as motivation. I hope these letters have gone out to others that have been staring at CASS with nothing.

Comment

• just wondering how long does it take to get the background packet after you passed the written test. they sent me an email telling me i passed just no indication of my score
                  officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• Tsl1

I've just received my TSL1 package with a couple of .pdf forms and aren't fillable, are you guys hand writing these? if not ant alternatives?
                    BPA
                    Tested - 09/27/2010
                    GEO - California Sector
                    N.O.R. - 09/30/2010 Passed (93%)
                    TSL1 - 11/04/2010
                    OB - 11/21/2010

Comment

• I'm on the same boat you are brother. I''m just waiting for the drug test and background investigation.

Comment

• I passed my OHB today and just wanted to pass along some information I think will be beneficial to those who haven't had theirs yet. Gentlemen, PLEASE wear a suit. Scratch that. Please wear a SUIT AND TIE!. This is a JOB INTERVIEW, for crying out loud! There were 40-50 of us in the room and of the 45 or so males, AT LEAST 10 didn't have a jacket, 4 or 5 of those didn't even wear a tie and one or two of those look like they slept in their clothes the night before. Some wore jewelry that would make Liberace look conservative. Others forgot to shave off the "soul patch". For the ladies, I'm not going to tell you how to dress, but I don't think it's a good idea to borrow your big brother's suit. Just google "business attire for women" and you'll do fine. Men, you will do well to use Google for this topic as well. The point I'm trying to make here is that you show up to this interview and look like a professional.
                        On another note, one of the proctors said something to the effect that if you were "very specific and selective" on your choice of geographical assignment (read: I only selected San Diego), one will most likely be growing spider webs on ones packet. That being said, has anyone had experience with the Drop of the Hat Club? If so, what's your take? I'm near the "magic number" of 39 and need to get a fire lit under this thing. I know I still have to pass my EQip and SF86, but I just wanted feedback prior. Thanks again!
                        Timeline:
                        Written: 8/31/10 (LAX)
                        NOR: 9/2/10 (86%) NVP
                        Qualified GL9
                        TSL1: 9/22/10
                        TSL2- Eqip: 10/22/10
                        OHB: 11/01/10 (Passed)

Comment

• Has anyone heard from their Background Investigators or done a drug test yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Crash 1058 View Post
                            On another note, one of the proctors said something to the effect that if you were "very specific and selective" on your choice of geographical assignment (read: I only selected San Diego), one will most likely be growing spider webs on ones packet. That being said, has anyone had experience with the Drop of the Hat Club? If so, what's your take? I'm near the "magic number" of 39 and need to get a fire lit under this thing. I know I still have to pass my EQip and SF86, but I just wanted feedback prior. Thanks again!
                            I thought we could only select one location. I picked CA as well when I applied but I will take anyplace they offer.

Comment

• I am in the same situation as you.

Originally posted by ee78 View Post
                              Has anyone heard from their Background Investigators or done a drug test yet?
                              Just need the drug test and BI.

Comment

• Don't quote me on this, but I could swear we could have chosen more than one geographic location from the list. Perhaps I'm mistaken??
                                Timeline:
                                Written: 8/31/10 (LAX)
                                NOR: 9/2/10 (86%) NVP
                                Qualified GL9
                                TSL1: 9/22/10
                                TSL2- Eqip: 10/22/10
                                OHB: 11/01/10 (Passed)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5323 users online. 405 members and 4918 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X