300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• passed ob today

waiting for drug test and bi. was told today that not everyone is getting the poly

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
      Only a handful are going to be poly'ed. It's random. I personally don't think it is fair because a polygraph can only hurt your chances. It makes one applicants attempts far more difficult then another's.
      It seems like you may or may not get a poly after reading the application and paper work submitted for BI. All the chatter on the HonorFirst forum points towards BP doing 100% for all applicants. I hope if its done, it happens before BI. I don't want to get to TSU or EOD and get a call for one.
      Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• When I did my Oral Board on Wednesday we were told that Border Patrol opted to not do polygraph's and only those with issues in their background will be polygraphed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ee78 View Post
          When I did my Oral Board on Wednesday we were told that Border Patrol opted to not do polygraph's and only those with issues in their background will be polygraphed.
          FYI, the agents at the OB aren't in any way involved in the rest of the hring process.

Comment

• I am not certain how this polygraph situation plays out. I was in TSU for over a year before I received a call to do a polygraph for a CBPO position. Obviously this isn't the same position but I was told that CBP would try to polygraph all applicants for BPA and CBPO. Is it possible? I have no clue. My record is about as clean as it gets so it was nothing that came up... especially since I was in TSU for over a year before I was called to take the poly (still in TSU for CBPO, ha... May 2011 will be 2 years!)

Either way, I would not fret. If you have nothing to hide then you'll be all set. If your background was an issue you would have received a NOPA. If you make it to the polygraph stage and you have not lied on your background then you will be fine. It's really not as bad as some people play it out to be.

Comment

• I just found out I got a 92 on the test with no vet points. I am surprised considering I left the test thinking the ALT portion was tough.

Comment

• Just fired off the whole TSL2 (background) packet in the mail yesterday. PITA to fill and print out.

I sent it in the bag as instructed, but the USPS clerk said it would fit in the flat rate 4.95 priority envelope vs. the $9.30 I plunked to send it. I figure it was easier for MHC to stack in piles that way.

Comment

• Does anybody knows how to obtain a copy of my NOR i got the TSL1 email yesterday and it's due in a few weeks but I never got the actual NOR?
                  BPA
                  Tested - 09/27/2010
                  GEO - California Sector
                  N.O.R. - 09/30/2010 Passed (93%)
                  TSL1 - 11/04/2010
                  OB - 11/21/2010

Comment

• Hi folks, new to this thread so I just wanted to say a quick hello. I took the written yesterday, now just ready to hurry up and wait with everyone else. Good luck to you all!

Comment

It is a minimum level of "Security." If you get detailed to certain task forces like JTTF I would assume that you'd have to get a higher one.
                      o2force....I did check your profile and see that it says you're an agent so maybe you've heard something that I haven't as I am only an applicant. Although, I have been on the forums and have held a clearance in the past. As the poster you replied to mentioned, there is Confidential, Secret and Top Secret as far as basic clearances go without going to the details of SCIs or SSBIs. My understanding though is that the background investigation completed for employment does not in fact grant you a security clearance (although it is pretty much done as extensively as one for an SSBI clearance).

It is being completed to determine suitability for the position not for the purpose of accessing Classified information. During the course of a BPA duties, they may/ will access Law Enforcement Confidential, but there is no security clearance requirement for that other than being a LEO or LE staff.

I will concur though that does not mean one may not be obtained for performing duties outside the day to day of a BPA.
                      Last edited by JarrGen; 10-30-2010, 02:51 PM. Reason: typo
                      In Process Apps:
                      LASD - 04/2015 Completed Out of State Testing
                      Passed Written, Fitness, Polygraph
                      08/2015 - Background Completed
                      09/2015 - Medical/Psych Scheduled

Comment

• Originally posted by jbyrjax View Post
                        Hi folks, new to this thread so I just wanted to say a quick hello. I took the written yesterday, now just ready to hurry up and wait with everyone else. Good luck to you all!
                        How hard was it? Any tips/advice?

Comment

• Originally posted by JarrGen View Post
                          o2force....I did check your profile and see that it says you're an agent so maybe you've heard something that I haven't as I am only an applicant. Although, I have been on the forums and have held a clearance in the past. As the poster you replied to mentioned, there is Confidential, Secret and Top Secret as far as basic clearances go without going to the details of SCIs or SSBIs. My understanding though is that the background investigation completed for employment does not in fact grant you a security clearance (although it is pretty much done as extensively as one for an SSBI clearance).

It is being completed to determine suitability for the position not for the purpose of accessing Classified information. During the course of a BPA duties, they may/ will access Law Enforcement Confidential, but there is no security clearance requirement for that other than being a LEO or LE staff.

I will concur though that does not mean one may not be obtained for performing duties outside the day to day of a BPA.
                          Just because you have a secret clearence doesn't mean you have access to all material related "secret" or below. You have to have a significant work related reason to access information labled secret. You could hold a secret clearance but if you are a typical line agent it has little value to you.

I pulled this from the announcement on usajobs:

Security Clearance: This position requires a security clearance. If selected for this position, you will be required to obtain and maintain a minimum of a Secret Clearance.

I stand corrected, apparently the info on the announcement is incorrect.
                          Last edited by o2force; 10-30-2010, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• The info on the announcement is wrong. I know of an agent that recently requested a secret. It was ok'd by IA and denied by sector.

Comment

Just because you have a secret clearence doesn't mean you have access to all material related "secret" or below. You have to have a significant work related reason to access information labled secret. You could hold a secret clearance but if you are a typical line agent it has little value to you.

I pulled this from the announcement on usajobs:

Security Clearance: This position requires a security clearance. If selected for this position, you will be required to obtain and maintain a minimum of a Secret Clearance.

I stand corrected, apparently the info on the announcement is incorrect.
                              I do realize that a clearance alone does not automatically grant you access to all information at that clearance alone and there is a "need to know" requirement or need to have access to an area in some cases. One thing an AF cop should know well, is security access requirements.

I have to admit that I missed the information on the announcement because this is not my first time in the process and I didn't look at the announcement as close this go around or that change didn't jump out at me. Although, apparently, the announcement is wrong anyhow which coincides with my earlier post. So, I say madchiken clarified it for both of us. As always, he is able to provide spot-on information.
                              In Process Apps:
                              LASD - 04/2015 Completed Out of State Testing
                              Passed Written, Fitness, Polygraph
                              08/2015 - Background Completed
                              09/2015 - Medical/Psych Scheduled

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 11:19 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5331 users online. 409 members and 4922 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X