Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If anything you'll get a Not Medically Cleared Letter. Then thats when you have a chance to go to your own Doc. You just need to wait for that letter as it has all the paperwork you'd need.

    Comment


    • Had my medical exams and PFT yesterday passed all. Board interview next tuesday. Any advice? My buddy scored an 80 on the written exam. Does anyone think he'll get a TSL anytime soon?
      Last edited by gun_slinger; 10-22-2010, 11:48 AM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by gun_slinger View Post
        Had my medical exams and PFT yesterday passed all. Board interview next tuesday. Any advice? My buddy scored an 80 on the written exam. Does anything think he'll get a TSL anytime soon?
        Just take the time to look back a page or two. All the advice you need is there.

        Good luck....

        Comment


        • Hello all,

          I also took and passed the test in August, got my TO 9/10/10 and just recently passed the OB in chula vista on 10/19/10. I have my medical scheduled for next Wednesday. I have not received any BI paperwork yet though. Good luck to all!
          Federal Bureau of Prisons Correctional Officer
          Initial Application: 10/20/11
          Update Application: 12/07/11
          Inquiry for availability: 2/1/12
          BG Interview/Panel Interview/Fingerprints: 2/7/12
          Conditional Offier: 2/16/12
          Update Previous BI Paperwork: 2/27/12
          Medical/UA: 3/7/12
          Hired: 3/21/12!
          EOD: 4/9/12

          Comment


          • Hey there,

            I have been checking out this thread for a while but just got registration completed, here's my schedule so far for San Diego County. I'm 19 and got some application in the local sheriff's departments as well, just got offered correctional deputy position but don't know if I should wait it out for BPA while going to community college. Any senior officers out there that got recommendations or advice?

            Applied 7/18/10
            Written 8/26/10
            NOR 9/1/10 (91 no vet points)
            TSL1 Packet 9/15/10
            TSL2 Packet 9/29/10
            Medical/Physical- unscheduled
            Oral Interview - unscheduled

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Grxmites View Post
              If anything you'll get a Not Medically Cleared Letter. Then thats when you have a chance to go to your own Doc. You just need to wait for that letter as it has all the paperwork you'd need.
              Thanks...Anyone know if it common for applicants to get waivers for hearing? Or is is pretty rare?

              Comment


              • I would assume it depends on how bad your hearing actually is, wouldn't you? It's important to have minimum hearing levels.
                NRA Life Member

                The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

                Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jdg.socal View Post
                  Hey there,

                  I have been checking out this thread for a while but just got registration completed, here's my schedule so far for San Diego County. I'm 19 and got some application in the local sheriff's departments as well, just got offered correctional deputy position but don't know if I should wait it out for BPA while going to community college. Any senior officers out there that got recommendations or advice?

                  Applied 7/18/10
                  Written 8/26/10
                  NOR 9/1/10 (91 no vet points)
                  TSL1 Packet 9/15/10
                  TSL2 Packet 9/29/10
                  Medical/Physical- unscheduled
                  Oral Interview - unscheduled
                  If I were you I'd take what ever comes first and then if the local sheriff's department or BP call you move over.

                  Comment


                  • ..............
                    Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 11:22 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Miami testing 9/27

                      Did anyone test in Miami 9/27 and if so did you get your NOR yet? I haven't
                      BPA
                      Tested - 09/27/2010
                      GEO - California Sector
                      N.O.R. - 09/30/2010 Passed (93%)
                      TSL1 - 11/04/2010
                      OB - 11/21/2010

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jdg.socal View Post
                        Hey there,

                        I have been checking out this thread for a while but just got registration completed, here's my schedule so far for San Diego County. I'm 19 and got some application in the local sheriff's departments as well, just got offered correctional deputy position but don't know if I should wait it out for BPA while going to community college. Any senior officers out there that got recommendations or advice?
                        Originally posted by ee78 View Post
                        If I were you I'd take what ever comes first and then if the local sheriff's department or BP call you move over.
                        I agree with the takers. Being 19 you might have to sell yourself a little more than the candidates that bring more life experience to the table and this wouldn't look bad on a resume. If it were me I'd take the job...if anything you'd get put on nights probably...work the night shift and keep going to school during the day. I'm not an agent but a recent grad who would pretty much take anything in this economy.

                        On the bright side I got my OB date in the mail today, time to book a hotel in Indy.

                        Comment


                        • Foreign Education Accredition

                          Hi, I was told that foreign education and degrees need to be accredited, otherwise they are not creditable towards qualification for GL-5 or 7. Does anyone know of which evaluation service given on http://www.naces.org/members.htm is fast and affordable? I'd appreciate your input.

                          Comment


                          • Anyone have their Oral Board on Nov 03 in Washington, D.C.? Just got the letter in the mail.
                            BPA -
                            Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                            TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
                              Anyone have their Oral Board on Nov 03 in Washington, D.C.? Just got the letter in the mail.
                              Mine is on Tuesday the 26th in dc.
                              Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by cnublue18 View Post
                                Mine is on Tuesday the 26th in dc.
                                How much notice did you get? I just received letter yesterday (10/23) but it was written on the 10/13. Let me know how parking is?
                                BPA -
                                Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                                TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5278 users online. 379 members and 4899 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X