300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cnublue18 View Post
    CBPOs made up the majority of the FLETC population. I've always wondered where in the world they were sending those guys. For an agency under a hiring freeze they sure do hide it well.
    I'm not sure if they were ever really under a hiring freeze, or if they had just slowed down their rapid expansion, and were only focused on filling vacancies left open due to attrition. It's the same with the Border Patrol. They never stopped hiring, they were just running fewer classes because they had met their goal of adding 6000+ new BPAs. That of course meant that the hiring process was taking much longer. Not only that but they received thousands of applications for northern border spots and those applicants were destined to have to wait much longer due to there being much less need up there.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
      You managed to get a hold of someone? Was it Staffing or EQUIP dept? Let me know because I left 2 VMs and 1 email and nada so far.
      I believe it was staffing. I called the number from the TO packet. I have not received e-quip yet. After 2 voice mails I finally got through. It took two weeks and they seemed just as shocked as I did. Very nice none the less. Just keep calling. I would try early MHC time. It may be why I got through.
      Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• Medical and PFT today. If you fail the pft you need to get off your ***.

Comment

• Got my equip and background forms today.
          No word on oral board or Med yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by cnublue18 View Post
            I believe it was staffing. I called the number from the TO packet. I have not received e-quip yet. After 2 voice mails I finally got through. It took two weeks and they seemed just as shocked as I did. Very nice none the less. Just keep calling. I would try early MHC time. It may be why I got through.
            Thanks cnnblue18. You're the second person to tell me keep calling. The voice prompt on the applicant line specifically tells you not to leave multiple messages (I did but spaced them out accordingly, not stacked). I just wish they updated CASS more often so I know exactly what they want.

Haven't received my EQUIP or fingerprint cards. Oral Board is 0700 tomorrow.

Comment

• I also wished they updated cass often I heard they update it once every few weeks which so far seems like the it. Anyway good luck tomorrow on your Oral Boards.
              Last edited by Grxmites; 10-19-2010, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Thanks cnnblue18. You're the second person to tell me keep calling. The voice prompt on the applicant line specifically tells you not to leave multiple messages (I did but spaced them out accordingly, not stacked). I just wish they updated CASS more often so I know exactly what they want.

Haven't received my EQUIP or fingerprint cards. Oral Board is 0700 tomorrow.

Good luck today!
                Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• Took the test on 10/15 in Ft. Lauderdale, FL... got my NOR this morning with a rating of 92.

Waiting on the next step.

Comment

• Passed the Medical + PFT1 today....who could ever fail that?

My timeline so far:

Applied 7/14/10
                    Test 8/20/10 - Passed
                    NOR 8/25/10
                    OB 10/16/10 - Passed
                    Medical/PFT1 10/20/10 - Passed
                    ICE IEA
                    May 2009 - Register for IEA exam
                    June (6/05/09) - Take IEA exam
                    July (7/20/09) - NOR
                    August (8/17/09) - TO
                    September (9/30/09) - Medical/Fitness Test
                    October (10/01/09) - Drug Test
                    March '10 - Cleared Medical
                    Feb 3, '11 - Interview - Passed

Comment

• Speaking to the nurse that did assisted me during mine she said that half the people can't do the 20 push-ups or run out of gas during the step test.

Comment

• Update-

Test 08/10
                        TO 09/10
                        Forms/Quals--Completed 10/10
                        PFT1 10/10--Passed
                        BI Complete from CBPO

Only the Oral next week, then TSU.
                        CBPO
                        Written 08/08
                        TO 02/09
                        TSU 06/09
                        BI Expired 04/10
                        Polygraph 06/10--Passed
                        Met with 2nd BI--07/10
                        TSU 08/10

CBP BPA
                        Written 08/10
                        TO 09/10
                        TSU 11/10
                        THE CALL: 03/02/2011
                        FLETC: 04/04/2011--06/20/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by HeavenLeigh View Post
                          Currently, I still haven’t receive a date for my medical or PT. With that said, is there anyway to delay the PT portion of the process, at least for a few months? I had knee surgery in the summer, and while I think I can handle the PT portion, I do not want to risk a failing grade and not being able to move on in the selection process. Any insight?

Timeline
                          Test: 9/7/10
                          NOR: 9/10/10
                          TSO: 9/27/10
                          I am on the same boat. I fracture my tibia and had surgery on 09/06/2010. I also had a minor sprain MCL. Doc has repeatedly told me that I should be ok in about a month, give and take a few weeks. Did you find out anything about delaying your PT1. I have not been scheduled for my PT1 yet, but I have my Oral Board Interview on 10/27/2010. I am still planning to attend and hope for the best.

Does anyone have any info that could be helpful to me? I called and left a message at the number that was provided at the Pre-employment forms, that was yesterday(10/19/2010).
                          I obviously will bring it up during the Oral Board since I will be in crutches. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks
                          BP
                          Applied online: 07/15/2010
                          Written test: 08/23/2010
                          Notice of Results(NOR) 09/01/2010 (91 score No Vet points) GS-7
                          TSL: Received 09/15/2010--Submitted 09/29/2011
                          OB: 10/27/2010 Passed
                          PT1/Medical: 03/09/2011 Passed
                          TSL2(BI forms): Received 03/18/2011-Submitted 03/27/2011
                          Drug test: 04/05/2011
                          BI meeting: 5/11/2011
                          BI completed???
                          TSU???
                          EOD???

Comment

• Originally posted by M_akaveli8 View Post
                            I am on the same boat. I fracture my tibia and had surgery on 09/06/2010. I also had a minor sprain MCL. Doc has repeatedly told me that I should be ok in about a month, give and take a few weeks. Did you find out anything about delaying your PT1. I have not been scheduled for my PT1 yet, but I have my Oral Board Interview on 10/27/2010. I am still planning to attend and hope for the best.

Does anyone have any info that could be helpful to me? I called and left a message at the number that was provided at the Pre-employment forms, that was yesterday(10/19/2010).
                            I obviously will bring it up during the Oral Board since I will be in crutches. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks
                            You should be ok. Get everything knocked out, rehab and wait for pft. None of the steps seem to be in any particular order.

Honestly if you are already in decent shape you could do pft 1 in a walking boat. It's that easy. Doubt that would be allowed, but make sure when you do get it done you bring paper work from your primary doctor stating you are good to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grxmites View Post
                              I also wished they updated cass often I heard they update it once every few weeks which so far seems like the it. Anyway good luck tomorrow on your Oral Boards.
                              Originally posted by cnublue18 View Post
                              Good luck today!
                              Thanks well-wishers. I...passed! The oral board went by really quick, only about 8-10 minutes. I was sweating bullets because the scenarios really threw me into the fryer. After I came back, they decided to pull my leg and started to break the "bad" news to me. I caught on but I was nearly devasted. We spent the rest of the interview time talking non-formally. The SBPA said that they are sending a bulk of these hires to AZ, often to inhospitable places where there is...gasp...no WALMART. I told him that I'll go anywhere BP sends me, and will stay there for as long as they deem necessary. He liked my answer and told me that he wished me the best of luck in the rest of the process, and hopes to see me out in the field soon. AMEN to that.

So after a nice 2 hour drive back home, I found a nice email from MHC with my EQUIP, instructions, and a note that the fingerprint cards are on their way. Good day today.

Comment

...After I came back, they decided to pull my leg and started to break the "bad" news to me. I caught on but I was nearly devasted. ...
                                Congratulations on passing. Get used to that kind of joking. My boss (in the corner office office) did it with me once.

Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
                                ...The SBPA said that they are sending a bulk of these hires to AZ, often to inhospitable places where there is...gasp...no WALMART. I told him that I'll go anywhere BP sends me, and will stay there for as long as they deem necessary. He liked my answer ... .
                                Remember you said this. Life can be more difficult at the remote stations but as has been discussed before, you can also save/invest some serious cash while living there and you'll pickup good experience, esp if you stay past the point when everyone else seeks VRPs.
                                FBI CI 1811:
                                June 2007: Applied
                                July 2007: Phase I
                                October 2010: Phase II
                                March 2011: PFT, PSI, Polygraph, Medical
                                April 2011: BI, Spouse Interview

Critical Skills: accounting & FLEO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6155 users online. 408 members and 5747 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X