Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just curious if anyone else is going to apply for the CBP officer position too when it opens up next month?

I figure what the heck. I know the two jobs are completely different, but if things don't work out with one, maybe the other will be a good option. Also looking out into the future, I could theoretically make it home one day if I become a CBP officer, yet that will never happen as a Border Patrol Agent. Just a thought.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by ee78 View Post
      If I were you I'd stay at a Hotel in Chula Vista. The hell with that 2 hour drive in the morning. My brother lives in Chula Vista so I'm headed there the night before and crashing at his place. If I didn't have a place to crash I would be staying at a hotel room.
      Originally posted by BPA n 2011 View Post
      It's not that bad of a drive early in the morning. I headed out of the Inland Empire at 4:00am and was in Chula Vista by 5:45am. Whatever you do, DO NOT eat at the Carl's Jr. off H St & the 805...horrible food!!!
      Well, its going to cost about $60 in gas (round trip), I can't spend another $50 right now in good conscience. Thanks for the tips though guys. Hell no, if I am going to indulge, it will be Nessy's Burgers on the west side of the interchange I-15 and H-76 near the gas station. YOU WILL BELIEVE.

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
      Just curious if anyone else is going to apply for the CBP officer position too when it opens up next month?

I figure what the heck. I know the two jobs are completely different, but if things don't work out with one, maybe the other will be a good option. Also looking out into the future, I could theoretically make it home one day if I become a CBP officer, yet that will never happen as a Border Patrol Agent. Just a thought.
      Yes, I'm going to apply for CBPO as well. I read about it on the other thread.

Comment

• If your OBs are at sector, there are about 10 lunch options in one shopping center just down the street @ Otay Lakes and Eastlake. No reason to go to Carls Jr...

Comment

• I don't understand why they are opening CBPO again. I took their written exam 4/2009 and other than receiving my passing results I haven't heard anything else. They have a lot of people waiting and nothing. Does anyone know what's going on with this? I expire in December after getting an extension back in May for 6 months. I guess I'll have to reapply for it before I expire.

Comment

• hey whas up guys, Im new to this site and i just filled out the Border Patrol Agent Online Application. And my test date is on 12-13-2010 just seeing if any one esle has done the same. But im getting my packet in the mail in about a week. And i was wondering if i could buy one of those books at borders the border patrol prantice exam book and study both books?

Comment

• I think that's a question for the people that are taking the artificial test.
              Last edited by ee78; 10-18-2010, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OneDayRPD View Post
                hey whas up guys, Im new to this site and i just filled out the Border Patrol Agent Online Application. And my test date is on 12-13-2010 just seeing if any one esle has done the same. But im getting my packet in the mail in about a week. And i was wondering if i could buy one of those books at borders the border patrol prantice exam book and study both books?
                I did fine without it, just used the study guide from BP. If you run into problems, then perhaps switch to the book. As they will show you, REMEMBER the grammar RULES, not the words themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                  Just a heads up…

If anyone fails the medical and is given the opportunity to get a second opinion, be sure to do so. It appears that some of these clinics we are being sent to are far from experts in what they are doing. I failed the vision with 20/200 in one of my eyes. I knew something was wrong since I had a test for another agency not too long ago and passed. I received a letter today from MHC requesting that I have a second opinion.

Bueno, I just got back from "Hour Eyes" (great service) and easily passed with 20/60 in my bad eye. Unfortunately I had to pay $49.00 out of my own pocket but it will be worth it down the road. The lady was shocked that the clinic was so off. She even asked if I was cheating?? It just ****es me off that the government is paying for such shabby service that ultimately affects the applicants.

Good luck...
                  Thank you for this. I feel like they were clearly not experts in every aspect of the exam. Hopefully, my doctor will clarify that to the agency, with "normal" results. I was considering whether to actually go ahead and bother with it, but I guess it's worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ee78 View Post
                    I don't understand why they are opening CBPO again. I took their written exam 4/2009 and other than receiving my passing results I haven't heard anything else. They have a lot of people waiting and nothing. Does anyone know what's going on with this? I expire in December after getting an extension back in May for 6 months. I guess I'll have to reapply for it before I expire.
                    A lot of the people who are waiting, are waiting for positions in the interior of the country. They have thousands who are waiting to get in NYC or Chicago or wherever. This announcement is no doubt for the SWB in pretty remote/desolate ports of entry that are very hard to fill and where they want to add hundreds of new CBPOs.

I know when I was down at fletc in February, they had several classes of new CBPOs there. So it's not like they haven't been hiring.
                    What is Perseverance?
                    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                      If your OBs are at sector, there are about 10 lunch options in one shopping center just down the street @ Otay Lakes and Eastlake. No reason to go to Carls Jr...
                      I'm sure lunch at Carl's isn't too bad, but at 6:00am, your options are limited for breakfast. I was one of the first ones called in and was back at home before noon! Guess I was fortunate.
                      BPA - SW
                      App - 7/15/10 | Exam - 8/18/10 | NOR - 8/25/10 | TO - 9/10/10 | TO (2) - 10/1/10 | OB - 10/13/10 - Passed! | Med/PFT1 - 11/5/10 - Passed! | Drug Screening - 2/9/11 | Background - 4/26/11 / 5/5/11 - Initial Contact / Met Investigator | Polygraph - 9/2/11 - Informed by examiner of passing...pending IA approval

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                        A lot of the people who are waiting, are waiting for positions in the interior of the country. They have thousands who are waiting to get in NYC or Chicago or wherever. This announcement is no doubt for the SWB in pretty remote/desolate ports of entry that are very hard to fill and where they want to add hundreds of new CBPOs.

I know when I was down at fletc in February, they had several classes of new CBPOs there. So it's not like they haven't been hiring.
                        CBPOs made up the majority of the FLETC population. I've always wondered where in the world they were sending those guys. For an agency under a hiring freeze they sure do hide it well.
                        Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• Thank Avalon42 im going to study the bp booklet and them if im having trouble i switch over to the other book thanks bro.

Comment

• Whatever you do guys, make sure you notate who you spoke to from MHC or contractor, as well as dates and times, and what was discussed in detail. I covered my six BIG TIME.

Comment

• Med and pft1 done today. Oral boards coming up. Now if my cass would update! Still nothing since my TO. I talked to MhC last week and they said all was on track. It would be nice to see some of those pendings change to completed for my own personal satisfaction.
                              Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• Originally posted by cnublue18 View Post
                                Med and pft1 done today. Oral boards coming up. Now if my cass would update! Still nothing since my TO. I talked to MhC last week and they said all was on track. It would be nice to see some of those pendings change to completed for my own personal satisfaction.
                                You managed to get a hold of someone? Was it Staffing or EQUIP dept? Let me know because I left 2 VMs and 1 email and nada so far.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5314 users online. 399 members and 4915 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X