300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BPA n 2011 View Post
    I've heard of others passing the second time around. Perhaps participating in a ride along might be helpful?! Where did you have your OB?!?
    At the Chula Vista office man. Hey anything that would help, I'm all ears. Do they offer ride alongs with the Border Patrol?

Comment

• I heard one can join Border Patrol at age 18, is this true?

Comment

• Originally posted by miggitymack View Post
        At the Chula Vista office man. Hey anything that would help, I'm all ears. Do they offer ride alongs with the Border Patrol?
        That's where I had my OB, too! I was surprised when the agent mentioned if I had been on a ride along, "BP has ride alongs?!?" was my reaction. She was kind enough to tell me, "YES!". You might want to look into it a bit more. How many people were there when you had your OB?!
        BPA - SW
        App - 7/15/10 | Exam - 8/18/10 | NOR - 8/25/10 | TO - 9/10/10 | TO (2) - 10/1/10 | OB - 10/13/10 - Passed! | Med/PFT1 - 11/5/10 - Passed! | Drug Screening - 2/9/11 | Background - 4/26/11 / 5/5/11 - Initial Contact / Met Investigator | Polygraph - 9/2/11 - Informed by examiner of passing...pending IA approval

Comment

What's up yall. Just wanted to post my status to help all the in the process see the speed at which they are proceeding.
          Are you disqualified from the process or are they letting you retake the interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by stbspd View Post
            I heard one can join Border Patrol at age 18, is this true?
            Yes you can. I had a buddy that got hired at 18 and another at 19.

Comment

• Originally posted by ee78 View Post
              Are you disqualified from the process or are they letting you retake the interview?
              They're letting me retake the oral board in 6 months. It is highly subjective. I can totally see how they could go either way depending on whether they want you to pass or not (assuming you're not a total moron of course). I hope they're not done filling up the 1,000 or so slots within 6 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by BPA n 2011 View Post
                That's where I had my OB, too! I was surprised when the agent mentioned if I had been on a ride along, "BP has ride alongs?!?" was my reaction. She was kind enough to tell me, "YES!". You might want to look into it a bit more. How many people were there when you had your OB?!
                There were like 35.

Comment

• Just a heads up…

If anyone fails the medical and is given the opportunity to get a second opinion, be sure to do so. It appears that some of these clinics we are being sent to are far from experts in what they are doing. I failed the vision with 20/200 in one of my eyes. I knew something was wrong since I had a test for another agency not too long ago and passed. I received a letter today from MHC requesting that I have a second opinion.

Bueno, I just got back from "Hour Eyes" (great service) and easily passed with 20/60 in my bad eye. Unfortunately I had to pay $49.00 out of my own pocket but it will be worth it down the road. The lady was shocked that the clinic was so off. She even asked if I was cheating?? It just ****es me off that the government is paying for such shabby service that ultimately affects the applicants.

Good luck...
                  Last edited by CZ_Kid; 10-18-2010, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCH View Post
                    Uh.. I think it means review the vacancy announcement and make sure to submit materials requested in the announcement. What those materials are I don't think we were supposed to submit yet- all Ive done is apply online, and take the written with subsequent results- so it's somewhat confusing.

Were your written test results in the same email?, was there a "rating" and score towards the bottom of your email?

no just this

Job Series/Title: 1896/Border Patrol Agent

Vacancy Identification Number: LN 357168

Job Announcement Number: BPA 10-1

USAJOBS Control Number: 1968801

Open - Close Dates: 7/14/2010 - 9/30/2010
                    officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

They're letting me retake the oral board in 6 months. It is highly subjective. I can totally see how they could go either way depending on whether they want you to pass or not (assuming you're not a total moron of course). I hope they're not done filling up the 1,000 or so slots within 6 months.
                      You failed the test, it has nothing to do with the board being subjective or if they want you to pass or not. Its actually quite structured and the board members have far less latitude than they have had in the past. Learn from the experience and do better next time instead of crying about it and posting "failed, WTF!" in your signature.

Comment

It really is not subjective, you either make the benchmarks or you don't. As Madchicken said, instead of whining about failing it, try and do what it takes to do better next time.

Comment

• Question for those who have already taken the oral board. Mine is scheduled for the 26th. Will they notify you immediately following the panel interview if you passed or failed or do you have to wait a few days/weeks and find out through hq?

Comment

• Since its a long drive, anyone from the LA or Orange COunty area want to meet and commute to SD on 10/20 for the OB? Gonna be a long 2 hour drive both ways...

Comment

• If I were you I'd stay at a Hotel in Chula Vista. The hell with that 2 hour drive in the morning. My brother lives in Chula Vista so I'm headed there the night before and crashing at his place. If I didn't have a place to crash I would be staying at a hotel room.

Comment

• Originally posted by sems1987 View Post
                                Question for those who have already taken the oral board. Mine is scheduled for the 26th. Will they notify you immediately following the panel interview if you passed or failed or do you have to wait a few days/weeks and find out through hq?
                                You're notified of your results on the spot. Those few minutes waiting after the initial interview seem like an eternity!

Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
                                Since its a long drive, anyone from the LA or Orange COunty area want to meet and commute to SD on 10/20 for the OB? Gonna be a long 2 hour drive both ways...
                                It's not that bad of a drive early in the morning. I headed out of the Inland Empire at 4:00am and was in Chula Vista by 5:45am. Whatever you do, DO NOT eat at the Carl's Jr. off H St & the 805...horrible food!!!
                                BPA - SW
                                App - 7/15/10 | Exam - 8/18/10 | NOR - 8/25/10 | TO - 9/10/10 | TO (2) - 10/1/10 | OB - 10/13/10 - Passed! | Med/PFT1 - 11/5/10 - Passed! | Drug Screening - 2/9/11 | Background - 4/26/11 / 5/5/11 - Initial Contact / Met Investigator | Polygraph - 9/2/11 - Informed by examiner of passing...pending IA approval

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13784 users online. 454 members and 13330 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X