Comment

• Originally posted by Tr0uble86 View Post
      Passed the OB today. My timeline looks like this:

Applied 7/14/10
      Test 8/20/10
      NOR 8/25/10
      OB 10/16/10
      Medical/PFT1 10/20/10
      Yours looks like mine, but did you get your EQUIP or Fingerprint cards yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grxmites View Post
        I hope so too. I'm still waiting for my not medically cleared paperwork for the lasik I've had. Then hopefully the background investigator calls soon.
        Originally posted by cnublue18 View Post
        That would be a great way to start the new year!
        It would be great. Some people on the other forums are guessing that the process for those of us who applied on the recent announcement will move much faster with the new hiring push. They think we might have much shorter waits in TSU before we get an offer. I hope I get called for my drug test soon, that is the only step I have unscheduled aside from the BI.
        What is Perseverance?
        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• My timeline so far

Test: 8/24/10
          NOR: 8/31/10

Mailed my BI packet in this past Tuesday....they received it. But I haven't received any word about OB/PFT1/Medical.

I wonder if they are scheduling things different for different regions?

Comment

• My exam is in 3 weeks, for those of you who have taken it and scored well, how hard was the Artificial Language Test portion? I have no knowledge of the Spanish language other than the basic introduction and how to order food. Any tips? thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffMerr View Post
              My exam is in 3 weeks, for those of you who have taken it and scored well, how hard was the Artificial Language Test portion? I have no knowledge of the Spanish language other than the basic introduction and how to order food. Any tips? thanks.
              Here's what helped me. I took some Spanish in H.S. and a college course but that's as far as I went with it.
              • When I first started with it, I was thoroughly frustrated with it and lost. Moral of that is take your time and put study time into it but when I got frustrated I got up and walked away for a couple minutes to clear my head. By the test day I knew the rules by heart could conjugate/speak the ALT in my sleep. I passed with an 86, which isn't amazing but I'm content with that score.
              • Review your parts of speech. Know what the differences are between adjectives/adverbs and the like...it is definitely one of the building blocks.
              • When doing the review be able to identify how particular words are being used (Is it a verb, adverb, adjective, etc..)
              • Know the rules and know how to apply them.
              • Pay attention to gender and number, this is easy to pass up as as native English speakers, but it is extremely important in the ALT!
              • With that read everything carefully and don't gloss over stuff, you have to know the gender/number/part of speech for some parts to pick a correct answer. Take enough time to read carefully but not so much that you can't complete it in the time limit.

HonorFirst also has a good ALT FAQ. The tables on there are good to memorize and on test day you can jot them down on your scratch paper and voila, you have a reference page.

Comment

• JeffMerr,
                Get the Learning Express Border Patrol Exam Artificial Language Test Prep Book. It will run you through the different rules of ALT, plus there are four or five practice tests. It was a difference maker for me. I scored a 93, minus my vet points. I think you have just enough time to order the book and study well enough. If you're having a hard time finding the book for sale, PM me.

Comment

• Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
                  Yours looks like mine, but did you get your EQUIP or Fingerprint cards yet?
                  Ya, I did the Equip + print cards on 10/07/10
                  ICE IEA
                  May 2009 - Register for IEA exam
                  June (6/05/09) - Take IEA exam
                  July (7/20/09) - NOR
                  August (8/17/09) - TO
                  September (9/30/09) - Medical/Fitness Test
                  October (10/01/09) - Drug Test
                  March '10 - Cleared Medical
                  Feb 3, '11 - Interview - Passed

Comment

• Originally posted by Tr0uble86 View Post
                    Ya, I did the Equip + print cards on 10/07/10
                    That's bizzare.

I only got my NOR, a call to schedule medical, and my oral board appointment. I better call in on Monday and find out what happened to my EQUIP and those fingerprint cards.

Comment

• Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
                      That's bizzare.

I only got my NOR, a call to schedule medical, and my oral board appointment. I better call in on Monday and find out what happened to my EQUIP and those fingerprint cards.
                      It looks like the process is in a different oder for everyone. I just completed my e-quip and fingerprint cards but have heard nothing yet about my OB, medical or pft 1. I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BF280 View Post
                        It looks like the process is in a different oder for everyone. I just completed my e-quip and fingerprint cards but have heard nothing yet about my OB, medical or pft 1. I wouldn't worry about it.
                        I'm in the same boat...
                        FCPA Class #36

Comment

• Originally posted by BF280 View Post
                          I need to call to find out about my medical and PFT. OB already taken care of. Strange that those of us in So Cal are in different stages of the process. Where did the Californians take the written?!
                          BPA - SW
                          App - 7/15/10 | Exam - 8/18/10 | NOR - 8/25/10 | TO - 9/10/10 | TO (2) - 10/1/10 | OB - 10/13/10 - Passed! | Med/PFT1 - 11/5/10 - Passed! | Drug Screening - 2/9/11 | Background - 4/26/11 / 5/5/11 - Initial Contact / Met Investigator | Polygraph - 9/2/11 - Informed by examiner of passing...pending IA approval

Comment

• I took it in Laguna Niguel

Comment

• Additional Medical Info request

Hi all, I just received a request for further medical info almost 1.5 months after my medical. I won't go into the details, but they want me to get additional screening from a doctor for potentially abnormal results. Is this a routine procedure in this process when the results do not seem to be entirely OK or should I be worried? Even if I get an additional dr's report, are they likely to disqualify my application? Thanks a lot for your input.

Comment

• It's not out of the norm, I got one for my blood sugar being a little high. You will have to go to your own doc and have him re-test you and sign off on it.
                                USBP
                                Written Exam: 8-20-2010
                                NOR: 8-25-2010 (93)
                                TO: 9-10-2010
                                PFT1/Medical: 11-9-2010
                                OB: 11-28-2010
                                Drug Test: 2-2-2011
                                BI Interview: 4-19-2011
                                The call: 7-8-11 (Douglas, Az)
                                EOD: 7-28-11

CBP
                                TO: 6-15-2011
                                PFT1: 7-8-2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6308 users online. 348 members and 5960 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X