Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone in arizona have pft1 or oral board set up?

    Comment


    • I received my Tentative Selection notification!! My only worry is my vision. I am corrected to 20/20, but I am pretty sure I am on the fence at 20/100 uncorrected in my right eye. It did not keep me from serving as aircrew. I am going to have another exam before going through with LASIK. I am thinking that I have enough time to heal, since I just received my T.O. on 12 Oct.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by mayhemlv View Post
        I received my Tentative Selection notification!! My only worry is my vision. I am corrected to 20/20, but I am pretty sure I am on the fence at 20/100 uncorrected in my right eye. It did not keep me from serving as aircrew. I am going to have another exam before going through with LASIK. I am thinking that I have enough time to heal, since I just received my T.O. on 12 Oct.
        I got lasik after receiving my TO. They won't let you EOD until 90 days after you're surgery. The sooner the better...Lasik consultations are usually free and sometimes you may have to wait a few weeks for an appointment. So don't drag your feet if you really are serious about this position. I'm now 20/20 and 20/15 it was well worth the price tag
        BPA -
        Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
        TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

        Comment


        • I received my 2nd TSL packet (BI) and it stated that I would be receiving my finger print cards in the mail with my qualifications. Will that letter contain what GL rating I was approved for and how many days after the email should I expect the packet in the mail. Thanks
          BPA -
          Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
          TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

          Comment


          • Originally posted by mayhemlv View Post
            I received my Tentative Selection notification!! My only worry is my vision. I am corrected to 20/20, but I am pretty sure I am on the fence at 20/100 uncorrected in my right eye. It did not keep me from serving as aircrew. I am going to have another exam before going through with LASIK. I am thinking that I have enough time to heal, since I just received my T.O. on 12 Oct.
            I had PRK (similar to LASIK, longer recovery) in April 2010 and it was one of th best things I ever did. It's a worthwhile investment if you're pursuing law enforcement. Plenty of officers wear glasses or contacts, but to have perfect uncorrected vision on the job is priceless.
            "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
              I had PRK (similar to LASIK, longer recovery) in April 2010 and it was one of th best things I ever did. It's a worthwhile investment if you're pursuing law enforcement. Plenty of officers wear glasses or contacts, but to have perfect uncorrected vision on the job is priceless.
              When I was in the Army we were able to get PRK those who did had a longer and what appeared to be a bit more painful recovery. LASIK recovery is about three hours and the irritation goes away. The next day I was 20/20 20/15, I had it two weeks ago and have really enjoyed it. I'm starting night shift tonight it will be interesting since I still see halos around light sources.
              BPA -
              Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
              TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
                I received my 2nd TSL packet (BI) and it stated that I would be receiving my finger print cards in the mail with my qualifications. Will that letter contain what GL rating I was approved for and how many days after the email should I expect the packet in the mail. Thanks
                The letter will contain you GL rating and it may even be updated already on your CASS. Mine was updated before I got the letter. I got my email last Friday and the packet in the mail on Tuesday, Monday was a holiday with no mail. I completed my e-quip and mailed everything in today!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BF280 View Post
                  The letter will contain you GL rating and it may even be updated already on your CASS. Mine was updated before I got the letter. I got my email last Friday and the packet in the mail on Tuesday, Monday was a holiday with no mail. I completed my e-quip and mailed everything in today!
                  Have you been scheduled for your oral board yet?!
                  BPA - SW
                  App - 7/15/10 | Exam - 8/18/10 | NOR - 8/25/10 | TO - 9/10/10 | TO (2) - 10/1/10 | OB - 10/13/10 - Passed! | Med/PFT1 - 11/5/10 - Passed! | Drug Screening - 2/9/11 | Background - 4/26/11 / 5/5/11 - Initial Contact / Met Investigator | Polygraph - 9/2/11 - Informed by examiner of passing...pending IA approval

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BPA n 2011 View Post
                    Have you been scheduled for your oral board yet?!
                    No, I have not been scheduled for my oral board yet. I figured I would have my medical, pft 1 or review board before my BI paperwork. I'm thinking that I should hear something soon.

                    Since I have already completed and turned in my paperwork for the BI should I tell my department that I am in the process? I don't want to tell them to soon but I want them to find out from me and not a background investigator.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BF280 View Post
                      The letter will contain you GL rating and it may even be updated already on your CASS. Mine was updated before I got the letter. I got my email last Friday and the packet in the mail on Tuesday, Monday was a holiday with no mail. I completed my e-quip and mailed everything in today!
                      CASS still shows pending I've heard they only update it every couple of weeks. I finished my packet justing waiting on my fingerprint cards
                      BPA -
                      Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                      TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BF280 View Post
                        No, I have not been scheduled for my oral board yet. I figured I would have my medical, pft 1 or review board before my BI paperwork. I'm thinking that I should hear something soon.

                        Since I have already completed and turned in my paperwork for the BI should I tell my department that I am in the process? I don't want to tell them to soon but I want them to find out from me and not a background investigator.
                        I'm still waiting on my medical and fitness test. I received an email from MHC E-QIP just now acknowledging that they have received my pre employment forms. I mailed everything out on Wednesday after knowing I had passed my oral board. As far as notifying your current employer, I would hold off until your interview with the BI (at least that's what I'm doing). At that point, I am beginning to notify current employers, previous employers, ex-wife, etc...

                        Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
                        CASS still shows pending I've heard they only update it every couple of weeks. I finished my packet justing waiting on my fingerprint cards
                        Fingerprint cards should be arriving a few days after TO #2.
                        BPA - SW
                        App - 7/15/10 | Exam - 8/18/10 | NOR - 8/25/10 | TO - 9/10/10 | TO (2) - 10/1/10 | OB - 10/13/10 - Passed! | Med/PFT1 - 11/5/10 - Passed! | Drug Screening - 2/9/11 | Background - 4/26/11 / 5/5/11 - Initial Contact / Met Investigator | Polygraph - 9/2/11 - Informed by examiner of passing...pending IA approval

                        Comment


                        • I received my medical schedule call yesterday. Looks like the order in which the process is going is jumbled for everybody. I hope to be in Backgrounds by November. Looks like thats definitely a possibility for a lot of us.
                          Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by cnublue18 View Post
                            I received my medical schedule call yesterday. Looks like the order in which the process is going is jumbled for everybody. I hope to be in Backgrounds by November. Looks like thats definitely a possibility for a lot of us.
                            I hope by early 2011 we are in TSU.
                            What is Perseverance?
                            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.


                            BOP - BPA - ICE

                            Comment


                            • I hope so too. I'm still waiting for my not medically cleared paperwork for the lasik I've had. Then hopefully the background investigator calls soon.
                              Last edited by Grxmites; 10-16-2010, 11:41 AM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                                I hope by early 2011 we are in TSU.
                                That would be a great way to start the new year!
                                Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6580 users online. 383 members and 6197 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X