Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hey guys..

    For those of you that have already submitted the eQIP, how soon after does the investigator make contact with persons and jobs listed? I've already completed the medical, OB and all that good stuff. Does the investigator contact the applicant first to go over the provided info?

    Thanks...

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
      The question for me isn't whether an agent necessarily gets convicted of a crime, but whether the incident involved misconduct, especially towards other law enforcement officers. If it did, then its a good thing they got fired.

      You're a Federal Agent on and off duty. Some agents don't think so, but the media damn well won't make the distinction.

      And god forbid the agency fire someone who has more than three years in. This agency has too much of a hard-on for seniority. If an intern does something stupid and gets arrested, and a senior agent does the same thing, somehow it is viewed differently, and I call BS on that.
      Most of the reason for the difference is that interns on probation have almost no rights to appeal adverse actions, while Agents that are not on probation can fight termination and will usually have the union to help. That is why you see the disparity, because it is extremely difficult to fire an Agent after they have passed probation.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
        Hey guys..

        For those of you that have already submitted the eQIP, how soon after does the investigator make contact with persons and jobs listed? I've already completed the medical, OB and all that good stuff. Does the investigator contact the applicant first to go over the provided info?

        Thanks...
        I was contacted my my BI first. He asked me questions and asked if i had any new information or updates. Like if i switched jobs or was doing anything different. Then he setup a meeting with my Supervisors and actually talked to a few co-workers. The "when" is more difficult to determine. It depends on a lot of different factors. Where you live and how many cases those BI's have. If you live in an area where there are a couple of investigators and not many cases for them to go through it might be quick. If you live in an area with lots of applicants for federal jobs like BP, DEA, FBI and so on it might take a while to get to your case. You can take a look at my time line as it was average for the time i applied.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Mr. Green View Post
          Well I have been 100% honest about everything. Didn't try to hide anything. It was the Chief who said to can me, someone who never even met me. All I know is I have Supervisors, FTO's classmates, an FOS and even the APAIC who said they think I should get back in and they would give me a good reference if ever needed. After I met with the APAIC he said it wasn't a big deal and the most that would come of it was a day or two on the beach. These people know me. The Supervisors, FOSs, FTOs and APAIC are the ones who Washington DC is gonna ask if I should come back. They already told me they were gonna tell em yes.
          From your own account, you showed extremely poor judgment in giving alcohol to an underage girl. It wasn't like you got this citation while you were in college and you were just buying beer for a friend. You received that citation while you were employed as a FEDERAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER. From your accounts, it seems like things could have gone a whole lot worse for you than just getting terminated.

          I don't know you personally, and for all I know you could be the best Agent ever at work. However, the Patrol has had enough problems with new Agents who exercise poor judgment in their off-duty conduct. We don't need any more people who can't behave off duty. You have already had two chances at the Patrol-at this point I would recommend applying somewhere else and getting a fresh start.

          Comment


          • Anyone have an idea of how many BPA were hired in the last year or so? Better yet, how long has it been taking on average to wait in TSU? I have been in TSU for CBPO for a long time and I know they haven't hired but a few guys the last year and a half. With these new BPA positions and funding... has EOD been increasing? Or is it too early to tell at this point? Any insight is nice. I am just trying to figure out a possible time line from TSU to hire with BPA. I am hoping it's not going to be as long as CBPO! Ha.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by seeOH View Post
              Anyone have an idea of how many BPA were hired in the last year or so? Better yet, how long has it been taking on average to wait in TSU? I have been in TSU for CBPO for a long time and I know they haven't hired but a few guys the last year and a half. With these new BPA positions and funding... has EOD been increasing? Or is it too early to tell at this point? Any insight is nice. I am just trying to figure out a possible time line from TSU to hire with BPA. I am hoping it's not going to be as long as CBPO! Ha.
              I think it's too early to tell at this point. I personally believe that the process should move quicker.

              Looking at past time lines over at the other forums, I see it takes 5-6 months to go from TO to TSU. Keeping that in mind, even if you received a TO in August, it will be minimum January/February before you enter TSU. According to the charts, the average wait from TO to the call is about 500 days. Of course you have to take into account a hiring slow down, and the fact that a lot of people were waiting for northern border locations.

              If I were to base my time line off the current ones, I would be looking at December 2011.
              What is Perseverance?
              -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
              -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
              -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.


              BOP - BPA - ICE

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                I think it's too early to tell at this point. I personally believe that the process should move quicker.

                Looking at past time lines over at the other forums, I see it takes 5-6 months to go from TO to TSU. Keeping that in mind, even if you received a TO in August, it will be minimum January/February before you enter TSU. According to the charts, the average wait from TO to the call is about 500 days. Of course you have to take into account a hiring slow down, and the fact that a lot of people were waiting for northern border locations.

                If I were to base my time line off the current ones, I would be looking at December 2011.
                Well, I think I'll be in TSU probably by mid november since my BI is done and I am finishing the processing by the end of the month. I was one of the Northern Border applicants that re-applied to down south. I am wondering if that will help me out but I doubt it. I guess it'll be just like CBPO and it's a 'who knows when' time line! I didn't know if BP was having academies every bi weekly or once a month?! I can't log on to honorfirst from work so I haven't been able to look! December 2011 is such a long time but I guess it will be worth the wait if that's what I have to do.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                  Well, I think I'll be in TSU probably by mid november since my BI is done and I am finishing the processing by the end of the month. I was one of the Northern Border applicants that re-applied to down south. I am wondering if that will help me out but I doubt it. I guess it'll be just like CBPO and it's a 'who knows when' time line! I didn't know if BP was having academies every bi weekly or once a month?! I can't log on to honorfirst from work so I haven't been able to look! December 2011 is such a long time but I guess it will be worth the wait if that's what I have to do.
                  Yeah it is a long time, and a lot can change in that time. All I want is the option. If come December of next year, I get the call, it would be nice to be able to have an option.

                  I have heard that border patrol will be running new academies every week. Not sure if that is true or not, but I imagine it would be necessary to get 2200 new agents trained.
                  What is Perseverance?
                  -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                  -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                  -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.


                  BOP - BPA - ICE

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                    I have heard that border patrol will be running new academies every week. Not sure if that is true or not, but I imagine it would be necessary to get 2200 new agents trained.
                    Border Patrol has been running a class a week for the past 5 years, at one time it was 2-4 classes a week.

                    Comment


                    • Just got done with my Medical/PT1. Have my oral board on the 27th. This process is moving fairly quickly.

                      Comment


                      • In regards to the BP written exam, does an applicant need to score a 70% on the logical reasoning section and a 70% on the spanish language or artifical language section or does the overall score on both sections need to be 70% or higher?

                        Comment


                        • For anyone that has experience with the background process. . . I received my NOR (scored 86) and am awaiting hearing back from them. I've been reading up on the process and am now kinda worried. My current employer (work corrections for the county Probation Dept. the past 4 years) is kinda funny to prospective employers. First off it's a juvenile correctional facility, so outsiders (including prospective background investigators) are not allowed inside. I have seen what my co-workers have gone through when they were trying to jump ship to a local PD or federal LEO, and basically our supervisors do not speak to anyone inquiring about you. All they will do is forward all inquiries to Personnel, who will verify that you are in fact employed by the agency. Now I'm assuming the BP wants to review my most recent performance evaluation and possibly interview my superiors. But I'm sort of nervous because I know they will not do that. Anyone have any experiences like this?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by FooteNasty View Post
                            All they will do is forward all inquiries to Personnel, who will verify that you are in fact employed by the agency. Now I'm assuming the BP wants to review my most recent performance evaluation and possibly interview my superiors. But I'm sort of nervous because I know they will not do that. Anyone have any experiences like this?
                            The investigator will understand. Especially in some states like my own MA. They don't want to get sued for discrimination and things like that. In my state if some one calls they are really only allowed to tell them your start and end dates, pay, your title and whether or not they are eligible for rehire. They are allowed to tell them good things about you if the want. Also understand if you are working in that field and still have your job you must be doing something right! I am sure its not the first time a BI has encountered resistance from employers. These background investigations are much more then a local Police dept. They will look at the whole picture to see what kind of person you are.

                            Try asking your superiors/co-workers for a personal reference. Ask them for their cell/home phone and tell your BI what they do and who they are.

                            PS: I worked in Juvenile locked facility as well. It was more Dept. Mental Heath where the kids had mood disorders and took medications but, they were dangerous and kept locked up. So my BI had to be buzzed in and so forth. He talked to a few of my co-works and the Residential Director( Person responsible for the direct hiring and firing of my dept.)
                            Last edited by chuck9899; 10-11-2010, 02:43 PM.

                            Comment


                            • 70% in each section or you fail.

                              Comment


                              • +1 to what Chuck said. I currently work for a company that does not allow supervisors, co-workers, or human resources to release information about me even during a federal background. All they are entitled to is "Yes, he/she works here and has worked here since...". That's it. I would not worry about it. It's kind of common. If anything, I think it helped expedite my background. You could ask your BI to contact someone you trust (supervisor or co-worker) and that is willing to to talk 'under the table.' The only problem with that is... if you don't like what they have to say it could A) hurt your BI B) or ruin a friendship/work relationship at a job you might be stuck at.

                                My peice of advice... the less paperwork the quicker your BI is done. Plain and simple. Just do what you're told and give them what they ask.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8632 users online. 444 members and 8188 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X