300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
    The BI package would be the TO paperwork and E-quip.

i never got the eqip

Comment

• The veterans preference process is a little confusing for the BPA announcement. I have a 10 pt preference, so do I just get my DD214, SF15 and supporting documents ready when they give me a TO?

Comment

• Originally posted by rakkasan View Post
        The veterans preference process is a little confusing for the BPA announcement. I have a 10 pt preference, so do I just get my DD214, SF15 and supporting documents ready when they give me a TO?
        Yes. They will send u an email requesting your vet pref documents. Its in the email where u determine ur qualifications.

Comment

• I recieved my e-quip email today!

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
            If we were going to fire you, you're not likely to make it through the vetting process. If for some reason you do or you get hired else where, some free advice is to go home and study or work out or do what ever you need to do so you don't put yourself in the same position again.
            The Patrol didn't want to deal with me possibly having to go through a court process while an Agent. Since I was a few months shy of my 2 years the patrol thought, heck just get rid of him. I know a few people that that has happened to. The Patrol's theory is anybody under their 2 years should just be gotten rid of if any legal action might even be a possibility. I was cleared in my case with the local PD but by then it was already to late.

And that advice is exactly what my intentions are to do.
            The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

Originally posted by Michigan
            I don't want to sound gay...

But I'd do him.
            Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

My goal is to have the longest most annoying signature line ever.

Comment

• Medical/Physical scheduled.
              What is Perseverance?
              -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
              -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
              -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Green View Post
                The Patrol didn't want to deal with me possibly having to go through a court process while an Agent. Since I was a few months shy of my 2 years the patrol thought, heck just get rid of him. I know a few people that that has happened to. The Patrol's theory is anybody under their 2 years should just be gotten rid of if any legal action might even be a possibility. I was cleared in my case with the local PD but by then it was already to late.

And that advice is exactly what my intentions are to do.
                My station had several people arrested during a 10-12 month time period, one twice. The vast majority were still on probation and got 1-5 days on the beach. The only one to be fired was the trainee that banged in the night of his arrest. You can say what you want, but we don't just get rid of people because it's easier. Those of us that had to deal with the big hiring push, that you were hired during twice, know this all too well.

Comment

• What did these people do to get them arrested?

Comment

• Originally posted by ee78 View Post
                    What did these people do to get them arrested?
                    They broke the law...

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• Green, what did you do both times?

Comment

• The question for me isn't whether an agent necessarily gets convicted of a crime, but whether the incident involved misconduct, especially towards other law enforcement officers. If it did, then its a good thing they got fired.

You're a Federal Agent on and off duty. Some agents don't think so, but the media damn well won't make the distinction.

And god forbid the agency fire someone who has more than three years in. This agency has too much of a hard-on for seniority. If an intern does something stupid and gets arrested, and a senior agent does the same thing, somehow it is viewed differently, and I call BS on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
                            The question for me isn't whether an agent necessarily gets convicted of a crime, but whether the incident involved misconduct, especially towards other law enforcement officers. If it did, then its a good thing they got fired.

You're a Federal Agent on and off duty. Some agents don't think so, but the media damn well won't make the distinction.

And god forbid the agency fire someone who has more than three years in. This agency has too much of a hard-on for seniority. If an intern does something stupid and gets arrested, and a senior agent does the same thing, somehow it is viewed differently, and I call BS on that.
                            Like you said, it is a common misconception that to be fired the incident has to be against the law. This is untrue. Yes, you can be fired for breaking certain laws, but you can also be fired for breaking policy, such as associating with known felons, improper handling of a firearm, etc. In addition, the Patrol has a little catch all, where you can be fired for behavior that reflects poorly on the service. For instance, if you are an intern, you can be fired for inappropriate or off color comments to the public, whether on duty, or off duty.

From what I have seen so far, the majority of interns that are fired are fired for either lying or due to an incident related to alcohol. Lying is easily avoidable and limiting your alcohol intake, especially out of the home, is just a sacrifice you'll have to make.

If you are responsible it is pretty hard to get fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
                              +1

1. Don't get a DUI
                              2. Don't leave your gear in your personally owned vehicle (POV)
                              3. If you mess up, fess up.

The patrol rarely wants to fire honest idiots. It usually wants to fire you for lying about being an idiot.
                              FBI CI 1811:
                              June 2007: Applied
                              July 2007: Phase I
                              October 2010: Phase II
                              March 2011: PFT, PSI, Polygraph, Medical
                              April 2011: BI, Spouse Interview

Critical Skills: accounting & FLEO

Comment

• Well I have been 100% honest about everything. Didn't try to hide anything. It was the Chief who said to can me, someone who never even met me. All I know is I have Supervisors, FTO's classmates, an FOS and even the APAIC who said they think I should get back in and they would give me a good reference if ever needed. After I met with the APAIC he said it wasn't a big deal and the most that would come of it was a day or two on the beach. These people know me. The Supervisors, FOSs, FTOs and APAIC are the ones who Washington DC is gonna ask if I should come back. They already told me they were gonna tell em yes.
                                The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

Originally posted by Michigan
                                I don't want to sound gay...

But I'd do him.
                                Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

My goal is to have the longest most annoying signature line ever.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5686 users online. 367 members and 5319 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X