• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send em all together.

Comment

• Just got my medical stuff via FedEx. Ready for it Sunday morning

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
        I put in for GL-9 as well how much experience in Law Enforcement/Military do you have?
        I was in the military for one 4 year enlistment but I have been a cop for 8 years now.

Comment

• Originally posted by bozo View Post
          Does anyone know if section 3 of the BP written exam, the biographical data and questions, affects someone's score.

Is that section of the exam graded or is it just a way for the BP to gather info about who applies, etc?
          I'd like to know the answer to this as well.
          Let's be civil

Comment

• quick question

I've been scheduled for oral board, medical and fitness, and they've received my TO paperwork.

However, I have yet to receive anything pertaining to a background investigation. Do they send that out last? or should I be emailing them asking if a background investigation package or email has been lost?

Thanks for your time

Comment

• Originally posted by tk90 View Post
              quick question

I've been scheduled for oral board, medical and fitness, and they've received my TO paperwork.

However, I have yet to receive anything pertaining to a background investigation. Do they send that out last? or should I be emailing them asking if a background investigation package or email has been lost?

Thanks for your time
              The BI is usually one of the last phases in the process, mostly due to it's cost and being so tedious.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tk90 View Post
                  quick question

Thanks for your time
                  The BI package would be the TO paperwork and E-quip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Green View Post
                    Oh cuz of some BS that went down off duty. I was accused of doing something I didn't do. The cops were called and when I told my supervisor about it the Patrol just thought it was easier to fire me. I resigned before they could. I was talking to my former FTO's and some classmates from the academy a few weeks ago and they all were encouraging me to come back. It was especially nice to hear from my FTO's that they think I can and should come back. It went down right before my two year probation was up and I couldn't fight the termination. So I resigned instead.
                    If you were BP, would hire yourself for a third time?

LINK
                    Originally posted by Mr. Green View Post
                    I know I may get a wide range of responses but for the officers on here who make the decisions on whether or not to hire a candidate, your input is greatly appreciated.

Would you hire me if I told you I was with an agency for a year and resigned for academic reasons. Then got rehired with the same agency and was with them for another year and a half. I went on a date with a 19 year old girl (I'm 24) and gave her a wine cooler and ended up resigning again because I received a citation for it from another agency.

I know that integrity is one of the most important parts of being an officer, and that I made a stupid choice. I, however, never lied or tried to cover it up, and was up front and honest with both the officers who gave me the citation, and the supervisors in my agency.

Is this one of those things where you would look at it and know every one makes mistakes and isn't perfect, or would this be a DQ in your book? I'm not gonna give up on being an officer, but I know that I just made it a whole lot tougher on myself. Thanks for your opinions, and I hope you all stay safe out there.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Green View Post
                    You didn't post the rest of the quote where I said I have quit drinking. Have for some time now. I stay away from alcohol all together, and have been doing such since even before this came to light.

And as long I'm putting it all out there, this incident happened last year, and just came out a few weeks ago. For what ever the chick decided several months later to go to the police and cry rape. Guess I didn't call her enough or something. After the police investigation I got a ticket for giving alcohol to a minor and she caught charges for filing a false police report. I could have lied when the cops asked me if I gave her alcohol that night , but didn't and chose to be able to know that after making a mistake I faced up to it like a man.
                    Last edited by madchiken; 10-08-2010, 12:47 AM.

Comment

• Just finished my application today and have my testing set up for 11/20/10. Anyone else from Hawaii apply?

Also, I understand that for GL-5 you need at least one year of work experience. Does working part time be considered only half the time? I ask this because I applied for Hawaii Sheriffs and they considered me ineligible because they didn't consider my work time as a Customer Service Rep. as "work experience".

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                        If you were BP, would hire yourself for a third time?

LINK
                        So he really did do it...and now he's changing the story. Integrity?
                        Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Green View Post
                          Oh cuz of some BS that went down off duty. I was accused of doing something I didn't do. The cops were called and when I told my supervisor about it the Patrol just thought it was easier to fire me. I resigned before they could. I was talking to my former FTO's and some classmates from the academy a few weeks ago and they all were encouraging me to come back. It was especially nice to hear from my FTO's that they think I can and should come back. It went down right before my two year probation was up and I couldn't fight the termination. So I resigned instead.
                          According to your own posts, you already had two chances. You were fired once for failing your post academy exams (if it was one of the old post academy Spanish boards there were often underlying performance issues that led to a person "failing" their Spanish boards). On your second chance, you resigned in lieu of termination, over misconduct that you certainly did do (giving alcohol to an underage female). The Patrol is obviously not for you. At this point in time I don't think LE is for you period. I would recommend that you try the military or some other career field and wait until at least 10 years have passed before even applying with other LE agencies. I don't think that a third chance at the BP is even a realistic option for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Backpacking View Post
                            Anyone else have trouble with E-quip log in? I sent an e-mail. But if anyone has any idea let me know please. I know I am entering in all my info correctly.

also do I send the background info with the finger prints or do those go separately. Thank you
                            check your PM

Comment

• Originally posted by BF280 View Post
                              I was in the military for one 4 year enlistment but I have been a cop for 8 years now.
                              My paperwork got there on the 24th and I still playing the waiting game. I'm hoping for GL-9 with my experience (4 years LE and 7 years military).
                              BPA -
                              Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                              TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• I feel like a goof for leaving holes on the e-Quip like in this particular I took an online summer school course that I registered for online and the instructor for the course retired, I assume they'll understand the circumstances for me not knowing anyone there.

And my only green check is my GL7 qualification (That 3.4 GPA doesn't tack on any silly Latin to my degree but it counts for some dollar signs now!)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4974 users online. 351 members and 4623 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X