300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just completed my medical and pt.

It was a simple but thorough exam. The step test was a breeze. Now I am just waiting for my oral board on the 29th. I received an email today stating MHC had received my background paperwork.

Comment

• Originally posted by cnublue18 View Post
      I can not speak for Border Patrol Background investigations, however having gone through a background investigation for the agency in which I am employed now you should be fine. Those events are normal and can happen to anyone. You are not your wife, you are married to her. It just so happened you got laid off right after she quit her job. Things happen. The situation with your neighbor should be fine as well as long as it has not resulted in any type of police action taken against you. Honesty is the key for all background investigations. Just don't let an investigator find out the events you described above to be a lie. From the sound of it you should be good to go.
      Thanks! I am planning on describing/telling everything in detail to the investigator.

Comment

• Originally posted by cnublue18 View Post
        This question was asked on another forum...you may know which one I am referring to. I have a 10 year background done with the agency I am with now. It was done in house and not through OPM or DOD and is not a TS. Will Border Patrol take my background from my agency and do an update?

My second question is I am up for promotion to agent within my agency. If I take this position I will get a TS-SCI through OPM. Would Border Patrol take that over the in house done a few years ago?
        Most likely, no and no.

Either way, a clearance means nothing when it comes to being hired. Clearances are for access to information not suitability for employment.

Comment

• Just completed the Border Patrol Test October 4. Three questions:

1.) When should I expect the results?
          2.) How is the test weighted? I mean everyone on this thread is saying they got X out of 100, even though there were only 32 logical reasoning questions and 40 ALT questions.
          3.) Realistically, what score is the minimum score needed to get a look?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by ee78 View Post
            And I just received an email saying that my Background Investigation forms have been received. My interview is also on the 27th.
            I received the same email yesterday. No medical scheduled yet. My OB is on the 21st.
            What is Perseverance?
            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by DEAinvestigate View Post
              Just completed the Border Patrol Test October 4. Three questions:

1.) When should I expect the results?
              2.) How is the test weighted? I mean everyone on this thread is saying they got X out of 100, even though there were only 32 logical reasoning questions and 40 ALT questions.
              3.) Realistically, what score is the minimum score needed to get a look?

You need to score 70% to pass.
              Thanks

Comment

• you need to score 70% to pass

Comment

• Dang, I am a former agent trying to get back in, lol. I am still waiting to have some GS-14 or so in D.C. vet my file and approve me for rehire. Not looking forward to the Oral Board, Back Ground, etc... again, and I'm especially not looking forward to another stay in Artesia, NM. Word of advice for all you guys getting rady to go. DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO HAVE A CAR THERE! It will make your life soooo much more comfortable. That is my biggest piece of advice for the academy. That and keep your mouth shut!! No matter anyways....those who know how will, and those who don't wont.
                  The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

Originally posted by Michigan
                  I don't want to sound gay...

But I'd do him.
                  Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

My goal is to have the longest most annoying signature line ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Green View Post
                    Dang, I am a former agent trying to get back in, lol. I am still waiting to have some GS-14 or so in D.C. vet my file and approve me for rehire. Not looking forward to the Oral Board, Back Ground, etc... again, and I'm especially not looking forward to another stay in Artesia, NM. Word of advice for all you guys getting rady to go. DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO HAVE A CAR THERE! It will make your life soooo much more comfortable. That is my biggest piece of advice for the academy. That and keep your mouth shut!! No matter anyways....those who know how will, and those who don't wont.

Sucks that you have to do everything again. Why did you leave initially?
                    What is Perseverance?
                    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Oh cuz of some BS that went down off duty. I was accused of doing something I didn't do. The cops were called and when I told my supervisor about it the Patrol just thought it was easier to fire me. I resigned before they could. I was talking to my former FTO's and some classmates from the academy a few weeks ago and they all were encouraging me to come back. It was especially nice to hear from my FTO's that they think I can and should come back. It went down right before my two year probation was up and I couldn't fight the termination. So I resigned instead.
                      The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

Originally posted by Michigan
                      I don't want to sound gay...

But I'd do him.
                      Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

My goal is to have the longest most annoying signature line ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Green View Post
                        Oh cuz of some BS that went down off duty. I was accused of doing something I didn't do. The cops were called and when I told my supervisor about it the Patrol just thought it was easier to fire me. I resigned before they could. I was talking to my former FTO's and some classmates from the academy a few weeks ago and they all were encouraging me to come back. It was especially nice to hear from my FTO's that they think I can and should come back. It went down right before my two year probation was up and I couldn't fight the termination. So I resigned instead.
                        If we were going to fire you, you're not likely to make it through the vetting process. If for some reason you do or you get hired else where, some free advice is to go home and study or work out or do what ever you need to do so you don't put yourself in the same position again.

Comment

• I now have one green check on my CASS! I quailify for GL - 9! That is great news however, does that guarantee that if I pass everything else that I will enter as a GL - 9? I'm thinking I should hear something soon about OB, medical or PFT 1. From what I've seen it comes in random order.

Comment

• Does anyone know if section 3 of the BP written exam, the biographical data and questions, affects someone's score.

Is that section of the exam graded or is it just a way for the BP to gather info about who applies, etc?

Comment

• Originally posted by BF280 View Post
                              I now have one green check on my CASS! I quailify for GL - 9! That is great news however, does that guarantee that if I pass everything else that I will enter as a GL - 9? I'm thinking I should hear something soon about OB, medical or PFT 1. From what I've seen it comes in random order.
                              I put in for GL-9 as well how much experience in Law Enforcement/Military do you have?
                              BPA -
                              Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                              TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Anyone else have trouble with E-quip log in? I sent an e-mail. But if anyone has any idea let me know please. I know I am entering in all my info correctly.

also do I send the background info with the finger prints or do those go separately. Thank you
                                Last edited by Backpacking; 10-07-2010, 02:18 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3153 users online. 222 members and 2931 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X