300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Check

Anyone done with BI yet? When did you receive the forms in the process? How long did it take for them to get back to you once you submitted the forms?

Comment

• It says to report for my oral board at 7:00 AM. So I guess that doesn't necessarily mean that I will be seen at that time? If that is the case then what do you think the odds are of being out of there by noon?
      "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
        It says to report for my oral board at 7:00 AM. So I guess that doesn't necessarily mean that I will be seen at that time? If that is the case then what do you think the odds are of being out of there by noon?

Good luck with the OB.
        What is Perseverance?
        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• i have medical and pft tomorrow

then my ob on the 28th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
            It says to report for my oral board at 7:00 AM. So I guess that doesn't necessarily mean that I will be seen at that time? If that is the case then what do you think the odds are of being out of there by noon?
            I'd be curious to know, too! I plan on spending the night at a nearby motel and getting an early start. Really don't feel like driving 2 hours and 'being all there' by 7am.
            BPA - SW
            App - 7/15/10 | Exam - 8/18/10 | NOR - 8/25/10 | TO - 9/10/10 | TO (2) - 10/1/10 | OB - 10/13/10 - Passed! | Med/PFT1 - 11/5/10 - Passed! | Drug Screening - 2/9/11 | Background - 4/26/11 / 5/5/11 - Initial Contact / Met Investigator | Polygraph - 9/2/11 - Informed by examiner of passing...pending IA approval

Comment

• It all depends on how many other applicants are there for the Oral Boards. The letter you receive states to be there the whole day, but I was outta there by 10 am. There were about 10 other applicants but 6-7 agents. The group was split into two.
              Last edited by Grxmites; 10-05-2010, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• Can someone tell me what I should expect next? I just had my medical and PFT1 today. Everything went fine except for the vision portion. I have always had 20/80 in my left eye. I’m 20/20 binocular and right eye. I just recently passed an eye exam administered by USPP with your typical Snellen alphabetical chart that is hung on a wall. Today I tested 20/200 in my left eye. For the first time ever I was administered the “broken circle” exam by an optic 1000 tester. Is this “broken circle” the same test everyone is being administered??? I believe there are a few factors of why I did so poorly on this particular exam but that’s besides the fact.

I read that applicants receive a letter of action’s that can be taken once failing the vision test. I know that lasik is on this “action” letter from what I read but how about a 2nd opinion? Will I be giving the opportunity to see an actual optometrists and receive some type of a waiver if a pass their exam before opting for lasik? If I have to get lasik, do I remain where I’m at in the hiring process while I wait the 90 day healing period? I’m pretty far in the process!! My OB is Thursday and my e-QIP is a done deal. Depending on how my OB goes, I’m hoping to hear from the investigator soon.

Thanks for the insight…

Comment

• http://www.kpho.com/valleynews/25148100/detail.html

Comment

• If you go back to USAJobs they reposted the hiring announcement, and it's open till March 2011.

I also had to call the Minneapolis center today to get a new fax number, and I was able to get someone on the phone and speak to an actual person, which from what I've read is pretty unheard of.

Comment

• [QUOTE=CZ_Kid;2512218]Can someone tell me what I should expect next? I just had my medical and PFT1 today. Everything went fine except for the vision portion. I have always had 20/80 in my left eye. I’m 20/20 binocular and right eye.

You will get a medically not cleared letter. I received one for my vision as well. I was surprised because i have an Optometrist in the family and know i pass the vision requirements. I have 20/60 and 20/50 . The test is done by the lowest bidder possible with medical assistance or people with just a Cert they received after doing a few hours of classroom work. I went to my local wally mart and had an independent Optometrist give me a basic exam and fill out the sheet i was sent. I was cleared within a few weeks.

If you do decided to get Lasik done you will remain in the process and still continue to go to your OB. You will continue you on to be interviewed. I honestly recommend getting it done soon if you wanted it. You just need to have it done 90 days before you can go to the academy. Mainly because you will get sprayed by OC gas and if not fully healed it can damage your eyes.
                      Last edited by chuck9899; 10-05-2010, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• You will get a medically not cleared letter. I received one for my vision as well. I was surprised because i have an Optometrist in the family and know i pass the vision requirements. I have 20/60 and 20/50 . The test is done by the lowest bidder possible with medical assistance or people with just a Cert they received after doing a few hours of classroom work. I went to my local wally mart and had an independent Optometrist give me a basic exam and fill out the sheet i was sent. I was cleared within a few weeks.

If you do decided to get Lasik done you will remain in the process and still continue to go to your OB. You will continue you on to be interviewed. I honestly recommend getting it done soon if you wanted it. You just need to have it done 90 days before you can go to the academy. Mainly because you will get sprayed by OC gas and if not fully healed it can damage your eyes.[/QUOTE]

Hey Chuck,

Thanks for this info, it certainly put me at ease.
                        As long as I can pass with 20/100 or better in my screwed up eye, I don’t plan on Lasik. I don’t want to spend that kind of money and I don’t want the train to pass me up while I wait for the 90 day healing process. I’ve never had to wear glasses and can’t even notice my vision isn’t perfect out of my left eye due to my 20/20 binocular.

You were dead on with your comment about the cheapest bidder. This place I went to was an Asian ran clinic (no offence) that was a converted house. We were all seated in a cramped hallway with other customers. To make things worse, the temperature where I live dropped to the low 60’s so the A/C was not running making things steamy inside this “clinic”. Every time I would put my face up to the optic machine, the freaking lens would fog up. I saw everything right away with my right eye and binocular but my left eye never had a chance to focus before I was fogging. The lady turned on a fan and gave me a napkin to clean the lens but it was of no help. Talk about being upset!!

Comment

• Got a call yesterday to schedule my medical for next Monday. And I just received an email saying that my Background Investigation forms have been received. My interview is also on the 27th.

Comment

• I will be taking the test in 10 days but I am only worried about the BI part. I have an excellent credit history, no unpaid bills, no drugs, no arrests, etc. A long time ago, I used to work with my wife for a small company so we thought it would be a smart idea if one of us finds a different job. A few months after my wife quit her job, my old boss let me go as well. Less than a year later, his company went out of business and I am planning on telling this story to the BI person. Also I have told one of my neighbors to keep her kids away from my property. They are not like regular kids total troublemakers anyway I am sure this neighbor won't say anything good about me but everyone else would. Can anyone tell me if these two events will cause a headache? Can I still pass my BI? Thanks!
                            Last edited by jjok; 10-06-2010, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjok View Post
                              I will be taking the test in 10 days but I am only worried about the BI part. I have an excellent credit history, no unpaid bills, no drugs, no arrests, etc. A long time ago, I used to work with my wife for a small company so we thought it would be a smart idea if one of us finds a different job. A few months after my wife quit her job, my old boss let me go as well. Less than a year later, his company went out of business and I am planning on telling this story to the BI person. Also I have told one of my neighbors to keep her kids away from my property. They are not like regular kids total troublemakers anyway I am sure this neighbor won't say anything good about me but everyone else would. Can anyone tell me if these two events will cause a headache? Can I still pass my BI? Thanks!
                              I can not speak for Border Patrol Background investigations, however having gone through a background investigation for the agency in which I am employed now you should be fine. Those events are normal and can happen to anyone. You are not your wife, you are married to her. It just so happened you got laid off right after she quit her job. Things happen. The situation with your neighbor should be fine as well as long as it has not resulted in any type of police action taken against you. Honesty is the key for all background investigations. Just don't let an investigator find out the events you described above to be a lie. From the sound of it you should be good to go.
                              Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• This question was asked on another forum...you may know which one I am referring to. I have a 10 year background done with the agency I am with now. It was done in house and not through OPM or DOD and is not a TS. Will Border Patrol take my background from my agency and do an update?

My second question is I am up for promotion to agent within my agency. If I take this position I will get a TS-SCI through OPM. Would Border Patrol take that over the in house done a few years ago?
                                Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5079 users online. 315 members and 4764 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X