Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah alot of people are right along with you. When was your T.O. I already completed everything except the Drug Screening and Background Investigation. I also noticed c.a.s.s is kinda slow as far as updating. I can't wait to start the B.I and finally get this over with.

Comment

• I have completed the T.O. papers, 8/30/2010 submitted the E-QUIP and am scheduled for an interview on the 27th but have not yet been scheduled for the drug test or PT1.

Comment

• Oral board scheduled for 10/26 and I mailed in fingerprint cards/e-QIP today. No word on PT1 or medical, either.
        Border Patrol Agent (SWB)
        Applied: 7/14/10
        Exam: 8/18/10
        Exam Results: 8/24/10 (99 w/o Vet. Points)
        TSL 1: 9/10/10
        TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/1/10
        Medical/PFT1: 10/15/10
        Oral Board: 10/26/10 (Passed)
        Drug Test: 2/3/11
        B.I. Interview: 3/30/11
        TSU: 7/21/11
        Final Offer: 7/22/11 (Naco, AZ)
        EOD: 8/15/11
        Academy: 8/22/11

Comment

• I Received my TO 9/10. Just got my letter for the OB on 10/26 in DC. Good way to start the week! Jealous of you guys flying through the process. Good luck guys.
          Last edited by cnublue18; 10-04-2010, 12:17 PM.
          Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• Does the Border Patrol have a facial hair policy. Not that I have a beard or anything, I'm just curious.

btw, I notice a few people applying for this job who are also in the process with USMS. Are you guys giving up hope, or just covering your bases?
            What is Perseverance?
            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
              Anyone with 9/15 TO get scheduled for their OB or medical?
              I recieved my T.O. on the 9/15/10 and have not heard anything since.

I have not been to concerned until today! A friend of mine at another PD in the area took the test the same day as me, we recieved our NOR the same day and also our TO on the same day. I spoke with him today and he stated that he recieved an email today indicating that his paper work required when he got his TO was recieved. He told me that he sent his in the last possible day before the deadline, 9/30/10. I sent mine in on 9/22/10 certified mail and have not heard anything!

Should I be concerned? I've been following this forum for awhile now and this is the first I've heard of a confirmation email! I know they recieved it because I sent it via certified mail. Could there be a problem, have any of you recieved that email?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                Does the Border Patrol have a facial hair policy. Not that I have a beard or anything, I'm just curious.

btw, I notice a few people applying for this job who are also in the process with USMS. Are you guys giving up hope, or just covering your bases?
                Facial hair policy: Yes

Basically no goatees, beards, or lamp chop sideburns for line agents. The only way would be on a DISRUPT team possibly or a task force group.

Of course you can grow the bigote like the old patrol guys if you like.

There's also a hair policy which I wont get into too much, but if you look like Troy Polamalu, chances are you'll need to find a barber or stylist depending on your gender.

Good luck everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by BF280 View Post
                  I recieved my T.O. on the 9/15/10 and have not heard anything since.

I have not been to concerned until today! A friend of mine at another PD in the area took the test the same day as me, we recieved our NOR the same day and also our TO on the same day. I spoke with him today and he stated that he recieved an email today indicating that his paper work required when he got his TO was recieved. He told me that he sent his in the last possible day before the deadline, 9/30/10. I sent mine in on 9/22/10 certified mail and have not heard anything!

Should I be concerned? I've been following this forum for awhile now and this is the first I've heard of a confirmation email! I know they recieved it because I sent it via certified mail. Could there be a problem, have any of you recieved that email?

Dude you need to chill out or you are gonna have a LONG and MISERABLE next 6-9 months... Don't worry about other peoples' timeframes. You are just wasting your energy on some unneeded stress.
                  Hoping to make the move from one capital to another

Comment

• Is that how many they are hiring? I am just waiting to schedule my interview.. They havent scheduled mine yet i'm in Western Az

Comment

• Originally posted by utdave View Post
                      Facial hair policy: Yes

Basically no goatees, beards, or lamp chop sideburns for line agents. The only way would be on a DISRUPT team possibly or a task force group.

Of course you can grow the bigote like the old patrol guys if you like.

There's also a hair policy which I wont get into too much, but if you look like Troy Polamalu, chances are you'll need to find a barber or stylist depending on your gender.

Good luck everyone.
                      Thanks for the info. I am sporting a buzz cut, and a clean shaven face so I'm sure it will be fine. Sucks that you can't have a beard or goatee. Over here at the BOP, we have no facial hair policy, and we have some guys looking like Santa Claus.
                      What is Perseverance?
                      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Thanks for the info. I am sporting a buzz cut, and a clean shaven face so I'm sure it will be fine. Sucks that you can't have a beard or goatee. Over here at the BOP, we have no facial hair policy, and we have some guys looking like Santa Claus.

Ha, + to that. I remember when I first started with the BOP... I could not believe my eyes at the sight of some of my co-workers. Though it's a different environment, I always hated the grooming and jewelry policy the BOP adopted!

Got my interview yesterday with a TO from 9/10. Still waiting on the fitness test and cup test!

Comment

• I've got my oral board tomorrow. Trying to go into it with a cool head. I usual kick *** at interviews. Any words of advice?
                          "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                            I've got my oral board tomorrow. Trying to go into it with a cool head. I usual kick *** at interviews. Any words of advice?
                            Get lots of rest, eat a good breakfast, wear a suit, bring water and a snack or two. Also, don't over think it.

Comment

Does the Border Patrol have a facial hair policy. Not that I have a beard or anything, I'm just curious.

Kansan,

Just trying to cover my bases. You never know what will happen in the future and I was getting nervous about the process. I have high hopes on making it into one of the 5-7 classes FY2011 but a career as a BPA will make me very happy as well. I still have not lost hope yet, and I hope you haven't as well!
                              Border Patrol Agent (SWB)
                              Applied: 7/14/10
                              Exam: 8/18/10
                              Exam Results: 8/24/10 (99 w/o Vet. Points)
                              TSL 1: 9/10/10
                              TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/1/10
                              Medical/PFT1: 10/15/10
                              Oral Board: 10/26/10 (Passed)
                              Drug Test: 2/3/11
                              B.I. Interview: 3/30/11
                              TSU: 7/21/11
                              Final Offer: 7/22/11 (Naco, AZ)
                              EOD: 8/15/11
                              Academy: 8/22/11

Comment

• So my kid passed his oral interview last week, BI and PFT1 are complete. He just has some follow-up medical information to provide due to childhood cancer. Once that is done, what does he have left besides the PFT2?

Also for some reason CASS does not recognize his last 4 and application ID. Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Mike

PS: He isn't really into forums so I thought I would post for him to get some advice.
                                Last edited by CT-Mike; 10-05-2010, 09:32 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5131 users online. 362 members and 4769 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X