Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'd be willing to sell you my study guide as I have already taken the test. $50

    j/k
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.


    BOP - BPA - ICE

    Comment


    • Originally posted by cnublue18 View Post
      IF you want a head start or you have not received it yet here's another option.
      Originally posted by Cman21 View Post
      It actually said during the application process that I would be able to print the guides out at the end of the application and select a testing date. Neither of these choices were possible. It is now getting very close my test date and I haven't received anything. You posted a link to the site where I can download the study guide for the logical reasoning but not the ALT test. I already stated in my original post that I saw this site so what is your point? I guess you didn't read that part of detail I mentioned and felt the need to jump on me as quickly as possible. The ALT is the hard part to the test and I want to be prepared. With my test a week away there was obviously some kind of screw up. It does happen to people often during these processes so I was just looking for some help. I thought that is what these forums are for? Thanks daddy!
      Originally posted by Cman21 View Post
      You are too much. So you are telling me that you didn't receive your study guide until the week you tested? I don't think so. By the way, you really should take your own advice about proper grammer and spelling. Take a look back at MANY of your posts that are missing capital letters, commas and even periods. Do YOU think you are on Facebook?
      The link that cnublue18 provided was valid. If you actually took the time to dig through the site, you would have found the study guide.

      However, since you seem to be a little brat that wants everything handed to you, here it is:
      http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...t/prep1896.pdf

      This is not hidden on the site too, in fact, it's the 2nd link listed on this page in giant blue letters.

      http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/s...p/entry_guide/

      I got my study guide a week out from the test.
      Last edited by avalon42; 10-03-2010, 06:20 AM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by madchiken View Post
        A TV show is going to be how you decide if you want a job or not? Seriously?

        This job entails hours of driving with your foot on the brake looking down at the dirt road for foot prints or standing at a checkpoint all day trying to get the needle in the hay stack without missing the obvious mobile. You will chase after groups for miles, sometimes going by nothing more than your gut, only for someone else to catch the group right before you do. You will be all alone on a trail, far away from back up, and 30 bodies will bust, running in every direction and its your job to catch as many as you can. And don't forget about the kids left behind by their parents because they know you'll stop for the kid on the trail (if you're lucky enough to notice them)... The only way to know if BP is for you is to try it. You either love it or you hate it, there's no in between.

        As for the show, its almost as real as COPS...
        Originally posted by BigPat View Post
        Excellent post. While "Border Wars" is certainly not embellished, the editing eliminates showing a lot of the stuff we have to do, like the stuff you mentioned. Those edited segments don't really show what it is like when you jump a group after you have been walking for 6 hours and you are dead tired and out of water.... or when you have to process the cases that you catch for hours, only for prosecution to be declined. I think that the editing for the short attention spans of TV audiences doesn't really show what kind of patience and determination that this job takes sometimes... regardless, I think that stuff like "Border Wars" and such is a good overview of what we do. The editing simply doesn't show the time and the work taht goes into most of our arrests.

        I still think that we have one of teh coolest jobs around. It is even better now that I get paid GS-13 pay!
        Thanks both btw. I figured the show fast forwarded to the good stuff, but I can tell its a lot like "hurry up and wait". Still, I look forward to it.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
          The link that cnublue18 provided was valid. If you actually took the time to dig through the site, you would have found the study guide.

          However, since you seem to be a little brat that wants everything handed to you, here it is:
          http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...t/prep1896.pdf

          This is not hidden on the site too, in fact, it's the 2nd link listed on this page in giant blue letters.

          http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/s...p/entry_guide/

          I got my study guide a week out from the test.
          I never said the link cnublue provided wasn't valid. I stated in my originial post that I have seen that guide but was looking for one that contained something on the ALT which one of your links does contain so thanks. I am not little nor a brat so thanks for some of your useful info.

          Comment


          • How understanding is HR with re-scheduling an oral board? The day they gave me I am out of the state. I just sent them an email and hopefully they show me mercy.
            USBP
            Written Exam: 8-20-2010
            NOR: 8-25-2010 (93)
            TO: 9-10-2010
            PFT1/Medical: 11-9-2010
            OB: 11-28-2010
            Drug Test: 2-2-2011
            BI Interview: 4-19-2011
            The call: 7-8-11 (Douglas, Az)
            EOD: 7-28-11

            CBP
            TO: 6-15-2011
            PFT1: 7-8-2011

            Comment


            • Well I'm a little late to the party but I just applied to Border Patrol in California. Have my exam scheduled for the 17th of next month. I was told I qualify for the GL-5 pay band. Any tips for the written? Best of luck to you all!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JeffMerr View Post
                Well I'm a little late to the party but I just applied to Border Patrol in California. Have my exam scheduled for the 17th of next month. I was told I qualify for the GL-5 pay band. Any tips for the written? Best of luck to you all!
                Yes.

                Study every day at least for an hour. It defiantly helps to re learn the English language to better understand this ALT ex. Nouns,pro nouns , past tense , pre tense. I would recommend not only using there book to study but buying a couple as well.

                Take your time on the test date and use every minute you got to look over everything if you have finished the test.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Cman21 View Post
                  I stated in my originial post that I have seen that guide but was looking for one that contained something on the ALT which one of your links does contain so thanks.
                  Through the link provided in the announcement quote above, it took 2 clicks to find. Maybe you should play some "Where's Waldo?" to practice.

                  Originally posted by Cman21 View Post
                  I am not little nor a brat so thanks for some of your useful info.
                  So you're a big whiner, then. Suck it up.
                  NRA Life Member

                  The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

                  Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Cman21 View Post
                    I never said the link cnublue provided wasn't valid. I stated in my originial post that I have seen that guide but was looking for one that contained something on the ALT which one of your links does contain so thanks. I am not little nor a brat so thanks for some of your useful info.
                    Whatever man. I hope you make it through the process so that sense of entitlement you have gets nixed good in the academy grinder.

                    Comment


                    • Don't they still send you a practice test/guide to study over before your exam date? Thats what they did when I signed up for the exam. I studied that for about 6 hours and passed the ALT fine. I never saw a need to buy one of those extra books.

                      Comment


                      • OK, I am sending out my TSL2 packet today. Oral board on the 20th. Hopefully I get word of my physical fitness test or medical soon.
                        What is Perseverance?
                        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.


                        BOP - BPA - ICE

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
                          Don't they still send you a practice test/guide to study over before your exam date? Thats what they did when I signed up for the exam. I studied that for about 6 hours and passed the ALT fine. I never saw a need to buy one of those extra books.
                          They did for all the early applicants. It seems it may have stopped. I received mine three days after applying.
                          Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

                          Comment


                          • Has anyone in Arizona heard of any oral boards?

                            Comment


                            • Anyone with 9/15 TO get scheduled for their OB or medical?
                              BPA -
                              Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                              TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

                              Comment


                              • Took my OB this past Wed. Comlpeted PT1 and Physical week before that. Passed OB. Mailed all forms in, Just need to start the Background check...hurry up and wait. Recieved my TO 8/9, had a passed test on file and just reapplied. Drug screening done too. Like everyone else I hope this doesn't take too long but it seems like I'm further along than some others. At least we know they need 2200 new hires!!!

                                Comment

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8071 users online. 238 members and 7833 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Working...
                                X