300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sk8ter1978
    wow didn't think my grammar was going to get corrected but thanks genes81 your my hero. I am Mexican so I am not racist against my own race, but call me what you want cause it is just a forum.
    It's you're by the way and good luck in the BP! You're going to need it if you make it through the academy. I'm not really sure what I "called" you but I'm glad to be Your hero!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
      Man, you get your panties twisted at the slightest thing, don't you? Did you miss the post where BigPat recommended you develop thicker skin?

Spelling and grammar correction is just another service offered here at the O. If you land this job, it'll entail a bunch of both. I'd recommend working on it whenever you can. Notice how madchiken and BigPat reply here? Capitalization, punctuation, paragraphs and correct spelling (except for BigPat .)

You're Mexican? You know this job is for the U.S. Border Patrol, right??

It would also be good for you to notice that no one, anywhere on this page called you anything. I do appreciate the change from "blog" to "forum" in your post, though. One thing at a time I guess.
      +1

One of the reasons cases get flushed (after working those many hours of AUO) is because of the inability on the agents part to clearly articulate events and reasonable suspicion. Then there's memos... If you're lucky enough to land the job, you can always be a tracker or checkpoint kind of guy, but if you want your career to progress through management and/or special details, the ability to write well is critical.
      FBI CI 1811:
      June 2007: Applied
      July 2007: Phase I
      October 2010: Phase II
      March 2011: PFT, PSI, Polygraph, Medical
      April 2011: BI, Spouse Interview

Critical Skills: accounting & FLEO

Comment

• Got the call to schedule my medical and fitness today, but I'm leaving out of town for 2 weeks.I asked the rep if I could schedule the test at a different location or at least till I return. She said she had to note on my record the circumstances and notify CBP, and that they would call me back when I came back. I got a bad feeling and called back, leaving a vmail that I would do the test after coming back or at the location I was coming to. Nothing back yet. My friend said to call minneapolis on Monday to double check that they wouldn't use it to drop me from the process, which is what I will do.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• Im completing the Tentative Selection packet, but I have a question. On the checklist it say to print two copies of the e-QIP, each set must have an original sig and date, but it doesnt say to return. Did they mess up, and are we supposed to send the two copies?

Comment

• yes send the two copies

Comment

• Can someone tell me where to find the study guides, I am taking the test this month. When I applied there was no option to print them or select a test date. I was emailed my test date a few days later but nothing about the study guides. I see on their website that I can download a guide for logical reasoning but nothing on the ALT test. Thanks for any help.

Comment

• Specifically states in the initial application process a study guide will be mailed to you. Guys if you are not in law enforcement already please start paying attention to detail. By the time you get out in the field its expected. Please start using proper grammar and spelling. This is not a text message or Facebook with your friends, its a forum with many working professionals and applicants.
                  Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• In order to be considered for this position, you must pass the test for which you have just registered. *Therefore, we encourage you to prepare for the upcoming examination by reviewing the CBP test preparation manual. *To assist you in preparing for the test, we have a 'Preparation Manual for the Border Patrol Test' you may have downloaded during your online registration. The manual is also available on our website at *www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/study_guides/. *The test consists of general abilities and language testing. The Preparation Manual explains each section of the examination and provides practice tests. *Since Border Patrol Agents must speak and read Spanish, applicants are required to take an Artificial Language test designed to predict the ability to learn a foreign language, or applicants may choose to take a Spanish Proficiency test designed to test their Spanish language ability.
                    IF you want a head start or you have not received it yet here's another option.
                    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• Originally posted by cnublue18 View Post
                      Specifically states in the initial application process a study guide will be mailed to you. Guys if you are not in law enforcement already please start paying attention to detail. By the time you get out in the field its expected. Please start using proper grammar and spelling. This is not a text message or Facebook with your friends, its a forum with many working professionals and applicants.
                      It actually said during the application process that I would be able to print the guides out at the end of the application and select a testing date. Neither of these choices were possible. It is now getting very close my test date and I haven't received anything. You posted a link to the site where I can download the study guide for the logical reasoning but not the ALT test. I already stated in my original post that I saw this site so what is your point? I guess you didn't read that part of detail I mentioned and felt the need to jump on me as quickly as possible. The ALT is the hard part to the test and I want to be prepared. With my test a week away there was obviously some kind of screw up. It does happen to people often during these processes so I was just looking for some help. I thought that is what these forums are for? Thanks daddy!
                      Last edited by Cman21; 10-03-2010, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• Cman, I went to my local library and they had a Border Patrol exam test prep book. It had helpful information and practice tests. That is a free option, otherwise you can purchase study books from any major bookstore.

Comment

• Nice edit. Another applicant that can't handle advice. You're right, must be a flaw in the application process for those that can't follow instructions.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnDoeCop View Post
                            Cman, I went to my local library and they had a Border Patrol exam test prep book. It had helpful information and practice tests. That is a free option, otherwise you can purchase study books from any major bookstore.
                            Thanks John.

Comment

Specifically states in the initial application process a study guide will be mailed to you. Guys if you are not in law enforcement already please start paying attention to detail. By the time you get out in the field its expected. Please start using proper grammar and spelling. This is not a text message or Facebook with your friends, its a forum with many working professionals and applicants.
                              You do make a great point but at some point during this announcement, they stopped mailing out the study guides with their cute little BP CD. I guess it was becoming too costly due to the amount of applicants applying. The only option they gave you was downloading the study guide from their website. This same thing happened to my brother since he applied much later than me. I ended up mailing him mine along with another study guide I bought at a local book store. It’s pretty much the same crap just more questions and answers. Here is the link:
                              http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Bor...=border+patrol

Hope this is helpful and good luck….

Comment

Nice edit. Another applicant that can't handle advice. You're right, must be a flaw in the application process for those that can't follow instructions.
                                You are too much. So you are telling me that you didn't receive your study guide until the week you tested? I don't think so. By the way, you really should take your own advice about proper grammer and spelling. Take a look back at MANY of your posts that are missing capital letters, commas and even periods. Do YOU think you are on Facebook?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4532 users online. 305 members and 4227 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X