Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know if you have to have your eqip in before you get an oral board interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by gun_slinger View Post
      Does anyone know if you have to have your eqip in before you get an oral board interview?
      My q-QIP must be post marked no later then 10/8 and my interview is on 10/7 so I would say that's not always the case. In your instructions, you should have a due date.

Comment

• Yesterday 08:50 AM #3935 Pvt. Cowboy
        View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Add as Contact

Forum Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone else having a little difficulty getting in touch with someone via email?

I'm just trying to be proactive on something I noticed in CASS, and emailing doesn't seem to be working considering I've already fired off two of them.

Anyone have a number for medical? It says they've mailed me forms, this was entered into CASS a while ago, but I haven't gotten any... Starting to stress a little, I don't want to miss something

This happened to me with the med self certification form. They didn't mail it; it was in my email spam folder.
        CBPO
        Written 08/08
        TO 02/09
        TSU 06/09
        BI Expired 04/10
        Polygraph 06/10--Passed
        Met with 2nd BI--07/10
        TSU 08/10

CBP BPA
        Written 08/10
        TO 09/10
        TSU 11/10
        THE CALL: 03/02/2011
        FLETC: 04/04/2011--06/20/2011

Comment

• I received an email this morning with my background forms. There are a ton of forms to fill out!! The attachments also state that I should be receiving my fingerprint cards in the mail shortly. Now all I'm waiting for is my medical (for the time being). What a great way to start off the weekend; I'm excited!
          BPA - SW
          App - 7/15/10 | Exam - 8/18/10 | NOR - 8/25/10 | TO - 9/10/10 | TO (2) - 10/1/10 | OB - 10/13/10 - Passed! | Med/PFT1 - 11/5/10 - Passed! | Drug Screening - 2/9/11 | Background - 4/26/11 / 5/5/11 - Initial Contact / Met Investigator | Polygraph - 9/2/11 - Informed by examiner of passing...pending IA approval

Comment

• I have around the same time frame as you also BPAn2011, I just have not been scheduled an OB yet.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8ter1978
                I have a really good question for whoever can answer it I have been watching the show Border Wars and all I see are Hispanic border patrol agents I don't want to sound races but do they weed out the whites and blacks at the oral board or do they send them all to the northern border
                Racist. And dude, who cares what race they are. I'll relish the day when the US government moves to the stormtrooper uniforms. I heard they have built-in AC units.

Comment

I have a really good question for whoever can answer it I have been watching the show Border Wars and all I see are Hispanic border patrol agents I don't want to sound races but do they weed out the whites and blacks at the oral board or do they send them all to the northern border
                  Very good question and even better writing skills bro.....

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                    Don't believe everything you see on TV. In a lot of ways that show is BS but that is another story. The stuff is real but the way it is presented and who is doing the work is BS.

What??? You mean SBPAs don't most of the arrests on a patrol group????
                    FBI CI 1811:
                    June 2007: Applied
                    July 2007: Phase I
                    October 2010: Phase II
                    March 2011: PFT, PSI, Polygraph, Medical
                    April 2011: BI, Spouse Interview

Critical Skills: accounting & FLEO

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                      Don't believe everything you see on TV. In a lot of ways that show is BS but that is another story. The stuff is real but the way it is presented and who is doing the work is BS.
                      Elaborate on this please. How much embellishment is there? I would like to know because Border Wars was going to be one of many talking points about how I researched the job.

Comment

• Hello everyone I have a quick question for you guys here. Took my written for BPA and passed, I have sent in my background packet. I still have not recieved any information on the interview or medical part of it. My quesion is I just got a bankruptcy discharge for chapter 7 on 08/23/10. Will this be an automatic disqualifier? Should I just stop the process now? Just wondering what you guys think. I have a really good employment history and I have no criminal record other than a minor consumption 8 years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
                          Elaborate on this please. How much embellishment is there? I would like to know because Border Wars was going to be one of many talking points about how I researched the job.
                          A TV show is going to be how you decide if you want a job or not? Seriously?

This job entails hours of driving with your foot on the brake looking down at the dirt road for foot prints or standing at a checkpoint all day trying to get the needle in the hay stack without missing the obvious mobile. You will chase after groups for miles, sometimes going by nothing more than your gut, only for someone else to catch the group right before you do. You will be all alone on a trail, far away from back up, and 30 bodies will bust, running in every direction and its your job to catch as many as you can. And don't forget about the kids left behind by their parents because they know you'll stop for the kid on the trail (if you're lucky enough to notice them)... The only way to know if BP is for you is to try it. You either love it or you hate it, there's no in between.

As for the show, its almost as real as COPS...

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                            A TV show is going to be how you decide if you want a job or not? Seriously?

This job entails hours of driving with your foot on the brake looking down at the dirt road for foot prints or standing at a checkpoint all day trying to get the needle in the hay stack without missing the obvious mobile. You will chase after groups for miles, sometimes going by nothing more than your gut, only for someone else to catch the group right before you do. You will be all alone on a trail, far away from back up, and 30 bodies will bust, running in every direction and its your job to catch as many as you can. And don't forget about the kids left behind by their parents because they know you'll stop for the kid on the trail (if you're lucky enough to notice them)... The only way to know if BP is for you is to try it. You either love it or you hate it, there's no in between.

As for the show, its almost as real as COPS...
                            Excellent post. While "Border Wars" is certainly not embellished, the editing eliminates showing a lot of the stuff we have to do, like the stuff you mentioned. Those edited segments don't really show what it is like when you jump a group after you have been walking for 6 hours and you are dead tired and out of water.... or when you have to process the cases that you catch for hours, only for prosecution to be declined. I think that the editing for the short attention spans of TV audiences doesn't really show what kind of patience and determination that this job takes sometimes... regardless, I think that stuff like "Border Wars" and such is a good overview of what we do. The editing simply doesn't show the time and the work taht goes into most of our arrests.

I still think that we have one of teh coolest jobs around. It is even better now that I get paid GS-13 pay!

Comment

wow didn't think my grammar was going to get corrected but thanks genes81 your my hero. I am Mexican so I am not racist against my own race, but call me what you want cause it is just a forum.
                              Man, you get your panties twisted at the slightest thing, don't you? Did you miss the post where BigPat recommended you develop thicker skin?

Spelling and grammar correction is just another service offered here at the O. If you land this job, it'll entail a bunch of both. I'd recommend working on it whenever you can. Notice how madchiken and BigPat reply here? Capitalization, punctuation, paragraphs and correct spelling (except for BigPat .)

You're Mexican? You know this job is for the U.S. Border Patrol, right??

It would also be good for you to notice that no one, anywhere on this page called you anything. I do appreciate the change from "blog" to "forum" in your post, though. One thing at a time I guess.
                              NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPat View Post
                                I still think that we have one of teh coolest jobs around. It is even better now that I get paid GS-13 pay!
                                Has your Station given you the speech about 'going over the cap' yet"?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5327 users online. 375 members and 4952 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X