Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GTO23 View Post
    Another question:

When I was a teenager, I got in a fight with my parents. Was just a big arguement, but I was arrested for domestic volience. It sounds so much worse then it really was... Anyways, all the charges were dropped against me, because it was really minor and well I had no priors. But, I was still arrested. Any ideas on how much this will affect my BI? It was like 5 years ago...
    "You will be required to carry a firearm while performing duties of this position. Maintaining firearm proficiency is also mandatory. Any person who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence cannot lawfully possess a firearm or ammunition." Taken from a job posting for a Customs and Border Protection Officer, but still the same for BPA. Sorry!

Comment

• That's what I thought, but I wasn't convicted. I was arrested, but all charges were dropped. The only thing that is on my record is that I was arrested, wasn't convicted. So I should be good, I was just wondering if it will hold up my background investigation.
      Originally posted by mi562 View Post
      "You will be required to carry a firearm while performing duties of this position. Maintaining firearm proficiency is also mandatory. Any person who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence cannot lawfully possess a firearm or ammunition." Taken from a job posting for a Customs and Border Protection Officer, but still the same for BPA. Sorry!

Comment

• just got a call from usbp they were wondering if I sent my packet in. Apparantely alot of applicants have turned theirs in late. Is anyone else scheduled for a structured interview?
        Tested--07/12/2008-passed
        pre-employment papers--08/22/2008-completed
        oral board--08/29/2008--passed
        medical/fitness--09/02/2008--passed
        drug test--09/03/2008--passed
        background investigation--09/18/2008--complete
        qualifications--completed
        referred to TSU--9/26/08--completed
        EOD 10/20--

Comment

That's what I thought, but I wasn't convicted. I was arrested, but all charges were dropped. The only thing that is on my record is that I was arrested, wasn't convicted. So I should be good, I was just wondering if it will hold up my background investigation.
          You'll want to tell your BI everything about it, cause he's going to know either way. Will it 86 you out of the process? I'll go ahead and say flip a coin.
          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by wickedrr View Post
            just got a call from usbp they were wondering if I sent my packet in. Apparantely alot of applicants have turned theirs in late. Is anyone else scheduled for a structured interview?
            Got the same call. They sent some of the packets out late. I got mine on the 16th and sent it out on the 18th. My process is almost done, but the BPA on the phone asked me my location preferences and I initially was thinking southwest, but he said "It looks like the northern border will hit first." I applied for both and was surprised to hear that.
            It wasn't The Call but I'm even more antsy now.
            USSCP
            Faxed App 7/28/10
            Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
            Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• well let's hope not. either way.. I'm applying to college as well. If I get accepted then I'll have a good job and work on school at my own pace. If I dont get accepted I'll go to school full time and get a job doing something else. Lol this sucks though. So many unknowns and waiting....
              Originally posted by sap123 View Post
              You'll want to tell your BI everything about it, cause he's going to know either way. Will it 86 you out of the process? I'll go ahead and say flip a coin.

Comment

well let's hope not. either way.. I'm applying to college as well. If I get accepted then I'll have a good job and work on school at my own pace. If I dont get accepted I'll go to school full time and get a job doing something else. Lol this sucks though. So many unknowns and waiting....
                Listen, no one really knows if it's going to DQ you. Only the adjudicators will decide on how to handle the information that your investigator churns up. Have people been bounced out for less? I'd bet on it. Have people been let in for something similar? I wouldn't doubt it. I just don't think there's any way to say; That's why I said it's a coinflip.

You're going to try to do school AND be a BPA? I think you might want to reconsider and get your degree first. Trying to do both at the same time could be strenuous, even with a light class load. I'm not the authority though, so I'd get opinions from BPAs. I do know of one that was finishing his masters degree while working for them. I just can't say if that would work out all that well. Anyways, get a second opinion.

Comment

• I had a 103 fever when usbp called, so conv. was extremely brief. Did they say it was okay if the packet was not there before the deadline. I received mine the 16th they needed out by the 21st. I was trying everywhere to get fingerprinted and there were no appointments avail. didn't send packet till the 22nd
                  EOD 10/20--

Comment

• Originally posted by wickedrr View Post
                    I had a 103 fever when usbp called, so conv. was extremely brief. Did they say it was okay if the packet was not there before the deadline. I received mine the 16th they needed out by the 21st. I was trying everywhere to get fingerprinted and there were no appointments avail. didn't send packet till the 22nd
                    They told me they were going to extend my deadline because so many went out late. I had it in on time anyway, but you might try calling them back and finding out.
                    USSCP
                    Faxed App 7/28/10
                    Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
                    Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• How long does it usually take before you hear something after sending in your packet? I received it on the 12th (right after the test) and sent it back in on the 22nd. The guy at the post office told it would be there by the 25th. 14 days right on the nose, just like they asked. Now its just the waiting game.

About BPA paying for school. I am pretty sure they have some sort of tuition assistance. It would also make sense because every other federal intelligence agency that have talked to said the same thing, DEA, FBI, NSA, ATF, and a few others that have come to recruit out of school.

However, they are all recruiting for Intelligence Analyst positions. Maybe it's different once you get on the law enforcement side.

Even though I am trained as an Intelligence Analyst, I just don't want to move to DC and be stuck behind a desk at the age of 26, four years of school and a part time desk job right now is already driving me stir crazy.

One more question, what is up with CPBO and sending me so many NORs. They e-mailed me one within a few days of passing the test. Then shortly after, I got one in the mail, and then last night was e-mailed a 3rd one. On top of it , there is no further instruction, they even say do not reply.
                      Last edited by momnie48; 08-27-2008, 08:44 AM.
                      BPA

Tested--8/12/2008-97%
                      Fitness---09/02/2008--Passed
                      Oral Board---8/21/2008--Passed
                      Med---09/02/2008--Passed
                      Drug Test-9/18/2008- Passed
                      Pre-Employment Forms---11/08/2008--Completed
                      Background Investigation- 11/08/2008---Passed

Quals-8/22/2008 Submitted-Pending

CBPO

Tested---98%---8/5/2008

MCIIS(Mercyhurst Institute For Intelligence Studies)

Bachelor's Degree--3.6 GPA--11/13/2008[/SIZE]

Comment

• Got the call.

Asked for a deferment, the gentleman said to fax him my class schedule and BPA will defer my offer until I graduate.
                        Standing by to stand by

Comment

• How long did your process take? How long of a deferment did they give you?
                          BPA

Tested--8/12/2008-97%
                          Fitness---09/02/2008--Passed
                          Oral Board---8/21/2008--Passed
                          Med---09/02/2008--Passed
                          Drug Test-9/18/2008- Passed
                          Pre-Employment Forms---11/08/2008--Completed
                          Background Investigation- 11/08/2008---Passed

Quals-8/22/2008 Submitted-Pending

CBPO

Tested---98%---8/5/2008

MCIIS(Mercyhurst Institute For Intelligence Studies)

Bachelor's Degree--3.6 GPA--11/13/2008[/SIZE]

Comment

• Going for my oral interview on Friday. I thought I read somewhere that I am suppose to bring an application or resume. Is this true?
                            EOD 10/20--

Comment

• I AM BUMMED OU!T!!
                              OPM just made me ineligible because of failure to register with the Selective Service. Yeah, I was well aware of the requirement but truly, I had never heard of it before my 26th b-day (I was a non-U.S. Citizen at the time, living in the U.S.). I tried to register as soon as I learned about it but it was too late.

I am going to appeal because I do want to serve my country as a BPA. Any tips for persuading them?... How could they believe me? I sent an explanation during the application process. Do appeals really work with them or is it just a formality but in the end it's all said and done. Man, I am so mad.... this is the last thing that needed to clear before my BI began.

:-(

BPA
                              test: 04/08
                              Results: Passed - 04/08
                              COE Received - 05/08
                              Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
                              Panel: 07/08: Passed
                              BI: ?..
                              CBPO
                              test: 03/08
                              Results: Passed - 04/08
                              COE Received: 06/08
                              Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
                              VBT: Passed 07/08
                              BI: ???
                              FBI
                              Phase I: 05/08
                              Results: Passed 05/08
                              Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
                              Language test (o): Passed 07/08
                              Panel: 10/08: ???
                              PFT: 11/08: ???
                              USSS
                              TEA test: 08/07
                              Panel: 02/08

Comment

• Originally posted by jumbojack View Post
                                I AM BUMMED OU!T!!
                                OPM just made me ineligible because of failure to register with the Selective Service. Yeah, I was well aware of the requirement but truly, I had never heard of it before my 26th b-day (I was a non-U.S. Citizen at the time, living in the U.S.). I tried to register as soon as I learned about it but it was too late.

I am going to appeal because I do want to serve my country as a BPA. Any tips for persuading them?... How could they believe me? I sent an explanation during the application process. Do appeals really work with them or is it just a formality but in the end it's all said and done. Man, I am so mad.... this is the last thing that needed to clear before my BI began.

:-(
                                Darn, that's a bummer. I've read of people having hellish times trying to appeal the SS requirement, so good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12658 users online. 475 members and 12183 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X