300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Northern10 View Post
    Doesn't CBP send you to a particular location for fingerprinting?
    I forgot to mention that the going rate in my area is $10.00 for the 1st card and $5.00 for every other card. I had no issues with the fee, I just wanted it done.

Comment

• My local police department was $12 and $6.

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8ter1978
        Has any one else received a update on cass that test on 18th Aug or after all i have is a OB date and no fingerprint cards and no update on cass or the phone number this is driving me crazy I got another job offer as a GS 6 for DOD police but I really want to be a BPA man so confused.
        I tested on August 16th, but didn't receive my letter for my oral board until after I received my fingerprint cards. Also there were people on here who tested after me, who received theirs before me. So honestly I wouldn't worry yet if I was you. My CASS hasn't updated yet either.

If the final offer for DOD police comes, take it. Border Patrol might not work out for you, so it would be better to have something to fall back on.
        What is Perseverance?
        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• If I were you I'd take DOD and after you get the call from BPA you move over. All of us that tested in August won't see anything until at least January. Just take it and continue with this process.

Comment

• I'd suggest you do what the others have mentioned; take the offer! Just today, I received an early promotion and pay raise from my current employer. I haven't mentioned how far along I'm in the BPA process, but I'm sure I will have to make them aware soon enough. Although my dream would be to work as a PA, I'm going on with my job as normal. All your eggs shouldn't be in one basket.

No word yet on my fingerprint cards, either. Did receive my OB date of 10/13. I also tested on Aug. 18th in Ontario.
            BPA - SW
            App - 7/15/10 | Exam - 8/18/10 | NOR - 8/25/10 | TO - 9/10/10 | TO (2) - 10/1/10 | OB - 10/13/10 - Passed! | Med/PFT1 - 11/5/10 - Passed! | Drug Screening - 2/9/11 | Background - 4/26/11 / 5/5/11 - Initial Contact / Met Investigator | Polygraph - 9/2/11 - Informed by examiner of passing...pending IA approval

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
              They will offer you whatever they have available when your number comes up.
              Whatever they have to offer in regards to the entire SW or just the state I applied?

Comment

• Whatever station they offer is what you choose and that goes for the entire SW border.

Comment

• Originally posted by rakkasan View Post
                  Whatever they have to offer in regards to the entire SW or just the state I applied?
                  If you look on the other forums, you will notice that some people applied for California, and were offered West Texas or Arizona. Honestly, you should prepare to get an offer nowhere near where you applied. With this agency, there are no guarantees that you will get San Diego, or Tucson, but instead could end up in Presidio or Deming regardless of where you applied.

I know this is not the answer you want to hear.
                  What is Perseverance?
                  -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                  -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                  -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• More choices to choose from I suppose. Thanks for the info. Is there any good web sites that would have good info for my wife to check out on the living conditions in different sectors and sub stations? I dont think something like Tucson would be a problem, but the tiny middle of nowhere sub stations might be an issue with my wife, lol.

Comment

• Plenty of info like that at bpspouses and honorfirst.
                      NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

• for the test will they send an official entry letter or should you bring the email they sent you im taking it on the 13th
                        officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• Has anyone else had their inbox flooded? I keep getting summary of hiring emails today (6) from Minneapolis.

Comment

• Thanks for the great info guys. So is there any consideration at all given to the state you applied for?

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 11:38 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4425 users online. 292 members and 4133 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X