300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
    How long from when you sent your paper work did you hear something?
    It varies for everybody. I've been reading this forum for about a month now and some guys don't hear anything for awhile while others hear right away. I submitted my paperwork 2 and a half weeks ago and it still hasn't updated in CASS. In the mean time just gotta keep getting in shape. I am curious though what most people on here have as experience. Is pretty much everybody applying a former cop or ex-military?

Comment

• Originally posted by sems1987 View Post
      It varies for everybody. I've been reading this forum for about a month now and some guys don't hear anything for awhile while others hear right away. I submitted my paperwork 2 and a half weeks ago and it still hasn't updated in CASS. In the mean time just gotta keep getting in shape. I am curious though what most people on here have as experience. Is pretty much everybody applying a former cop or ex-military?
      Negative, zero LEO or military experience here. I'm qualifying based solely on education. After speaking to a current PA (friend-of-a-friend), I'm confident I can fulfill the duties of a PA. Speaking to someone who works in the trenches was a reassuring opportunity not to doubt myself. I've also begun training (running) and trying to prepare myself the best i can while I wait.
      BPA - SW
      App - 7/15/10 | Exam - 8/18/10 | NOR - 8/25/10 | TO - 9/10/10 | TO (2) - 10/1/10 | OB - 10/13/10 - Passed! | Med/PFT1 - 11/5/10 - Passed! | Drug Screening - 2/9/11 | Background - 4/26/11 / 5/5/11 - Initial Contact / Met Investigator | Polygraph - 9/2/11 - Informed by examiner of passing...pending IA approval

Comment

I have 4 years Law Enforcement, 7 years military experience, and I will be finishing my degree in December. When it comes down to getting hired I don't think that its much of a factor (my experience), as long as you pass the steps in the process and they have an opening then you will be offered a slot as a BPA. I'm just speaking from what I've heard and read in these forums. If I'm wrong I welcome to be corrected
        BPA -
        Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
        TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Here my time line.

Test 08/18/2010
          NOR. 08/20/2010
          TO 08/30/2010
          Sent forms 09/7/2010
          Qualification email 09/22/2010
          Finger Prints and OB letter 09/23/2010

Comment

Just a BA and a CIS internship under my belt.
            "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Hey everybody, hope the process is treating most of you all well. Just tested on 20 Sep and received my NOR today. 98% with 5 veteran points!! I think the Learning Center ALT Preparation Manual really helped me. I recommend it. I spent almost all my time preping for the ALT and almost no time on the logical reasoning. I really had to read those logical questions, and start eliminating choices. Good luck to the rest of you standing in line too.

Comment

• Originally posted by BPA n 2011 View Post
                Negative, zero LEO or military experience here...
                Cool. I guess it all depends on what they decide and if you make it through the process. I just have a Master's but no LEO experience. I've never even had a full-time job for that matter just a ton of internships, part-time jobs, and loans up to my eyeballs! Good luck to all in the process. This would be a great opportunity. Maybe we'll meet at the academy and not even know it!

Comment

• Just passed the agent exam with the Spanish Proficiency test. Time to wait and see.
                  A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
                  J.S. Mill

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jb5722
                      can anyone tell me if i can find a copy of the collective bargaining agreement concerning BPA's? all i can find on google is the 1995 version.

The 1995 Collective Bargaining Agreement with the now defunct INS is the current one.,

Comment

• To everyone that says things are moving fast and right along. Trust me it will slow down. Wait till you complete everything and are in TSU. Cass won't change for around 6 months or more if your lucky. Good luck to those who have their OB this and next month. Stay calm and look professional.

Comment

• Somewhat. So far I think the number you call for your status gets updated quicker then cass itself. When I called the number my qualifications cleared but on cass it didn't update till about 2 weeks later.

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8ter1978
                            Do they ever update the CASS website.
                            This is my not be true but i heard way back when that they only updated it on certain days. In reality its not cass that matters.Its really just there for us to look at and hit refresh multiple times a day. if your worried about something send them an email with your ID, Name and last 4 of your social asking for confirmation that they received what ever it is you sent them. They usually respond in a few days. At least a year ago. Most everything else you will know if you passed. The OB will tell you that day. Just try to remember this is a huge hiring push from what i have been seeing. They are probably a little behind. Also please everyone keep a folder with hard copies of everything that is sent to you. Print out every email and maybe make an online folder in your inbox labeled Border Patrol as well. Had a friend who was told she never sent something in. She had proof they had received it because she emailed them a few days after sending asking for confirmation that it was received and some one wrote back saying it was. She kept that email and made a print out. She faxed it over and the problem was fixed in a few hours.

If anyone has any questions about the process feel free to PM me.

Comment

• Congrats on your EOD brother. Hey how many people took the PFT2 with you and how many failed it?

Comment

• Originally posted by ee78 View Post
                                Congrats on your EOD brother. Hey how many people took the PFT2 with you and how many failed it?
                                3 people including me. No one failed. Everyone passed the sit-ups and push-ups with tons of time to spare. Times on 220y dash were 29-33 seconds. Fastest guy did the 1.5 run in 9:30ish. I completed it in 11:24 seconds with the last guy coming in at 11:29. All in all it was a nice 11+ hour round trip. As long as your not in horrible shape you have plenty of time to spare. I trained for 30 push-ups, 35 sit-ups, 300y and 1.75 miles for the same time as the PFT2. I highly recommend you do that. If you get there and have a cramp, headache, a cold and are not 100% you still got a good chance.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4873 users online. 341 members and 4532 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X