Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by sk8ter1978
    I would love to see you GI wanta be Joe LEO out in a real combat situation I was just simply asking question cause I want my packet to be perfect so its my pleasure to leave this BLOG and cancel my member ship SGT Slaughter.
    Sayonara, turd. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

    BTW - have you served our Country in the military at all or enforced anything besides stereotypes?
    NRA Life Member

    The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

    Comment


    • Thanks for the reply, o2force. I did read the instructions correctly and followed the proper procedure by downloading the SF 86A. With all due respect, if you had read my post thoroughly, it stated that. My question was what to do if I run out of room on the SF 86A (for previous employment). Thanks!
      That was my mistake, I didn't see the "A." However, we both apparently misread instructions. After a second look, the instructions on the SF 86A it says, "Use as many continuation sheets as needed." I missed it the first time myself. I remember filling out this form the first time. I know how excited I was, it was hard to focus on the fine print. As far as your concern regarding providing information for companies that no longer exist, just do the best you can. You can make a little note, in parenthesis, next to the company stating it is no longer in existence. However, if you can provide them with a means of contacting a supervisor it will make their job easier. Maybe you have an e-mail or a cell phone. Be sure they know they might be getting a phone call.

      Originally posted by sk8ter1978
      Thank you all to are respectful to others on this BLOG oooppppssss I mean Forum but if some people think they are better then us rookies and to say we need our hands held I would love to see you GI wanta be Joe LEO out in a real combat situation I was just simply asking question cause I want my packet to be perfect so its my pleasure to leave this BLOG and cancel my member ship SGT Slaughter.
      There's nothing wrong with asking a question, but be prepared to get responses like that, even if it is a good question. It's sort of a breaking in period for new guys. In fact, most things said are laughed about later. Some are testing to see if you can handle stress, some are doing it because it was done to them, and some people are just dicks. Either way, it exists in the patrol.
      Last edited by o2force; 09-22-2010, 07:41 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by o2force View Post
        Some are testing to see if you can handle stress, some are doing it because it was done to them, and some people are just dicks. Either way, it exists in the patrol.
        Sounds like someone will be a step ahead of others on Day 1. When everyone else has sucked their gonads into their lower intestines, I think you'll be doing fine.

        Good on ya, Mr. Force!
        NRA Life Member

        The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

        Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

        Comment


        • This thread is getting way too big. I wonder if any admin is willing to get in and trim the fat a bit.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by sk8ter1978
            Thanks o2force I will brush the idiots off like a fly and it sounds like sgt slaughter is either a washed up has been or some idiot that just didn't make the cut.
            Sounds like you're jealous. That color doesn't look good on you.

            Hey! I thought you were taking your ball and going home! It appears my previous post was right - you can't stand by that decision either.
            NRA Life Member

            The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

            Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

            Comment


            • Exam: 8/17/2010 Completed
              TO: 8/30/2010 Completed
              Equip: 9/21/2010 Completed
              Prints: 9/27/2010 Scheduled
              OB: 10/27/2010

              This process is moving fairly quick. Still waiting to get scheduled for my physical/medical.

              Comment


              • Got my OB/Structured Interview for 10/20 0700 at Chula Vista HQ.

                Still nothing on my Equip or Fingerprint Cards packet, or my medical/fitness appointment. I am going to be visiting my parents in a different state for 2 more weeks, then come back for the OB. Will they wait till I come back to CA for the medical/fitness test?

                Comment


                • My OB is 10-28, Med and PFT the following day, 10-29.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ee78 View Post
                    Exam: 8/17/2010 Completed
                    TO: 8/30/2010 Completed
                    Equip: 9/21/2010 Completed
                    Prints: 9/27/2010 Scheduled
                    OB: 10/27/2010

                    This process is moving fairly quick. Still waiting to get scheduled for my physical/medical.
                    i think they want to throw you in the trenches as fast as possible haha but seriously are the finger prints your background investigation? im taking the written test in the middle of october
                    officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by hexen220 View Post
                      i think they want to throw you in the trenches as fast as possible haha but seriously are the finger prints your background investigation? im taking the written test in the middle of october
                      I did have a background conducted when I was going through the process with ICE-IEA last November. I'm not sure if the background transfers over. We'll see.

                      Comment


                      • .............
                        Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 11:40 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by sk8ter1978
                          Thank you all to are respectful to others on this BLOG oooppppssss I mean Forum but if some people think they are better then us rookies and to say we need our hands held I would love to see you GI wanta be Joe LEO out in a real combat situation I was just simply asking question cause I want my packet to be perfect so its my pleasure to leave this BLOG and cancel my member ship SGT Slaughter.

                          If you are really intending to join the Border Patrol, please grow some thicker skin. Thanks.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
                            This thread is getting way too big. I wonder if any admin is willing to get in and trim the fat a bit.
                            Not likely. Why would they weed through a thread started over 2 years ago? IIRC, there's another thread around here entitled "Recent Border Patrol exam" or something along those lines.
                            NRA Life Member

                            The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

                            Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ee78 View Post
                              I did have a background conducted when I was going through the process with ICE-IEA last November. I'm not sure if the background transfers over. We'll see.
                              just curious cause the im pretty sure the nypds background was a fingerprint, i could be wrong im becoming an expert on these hiring process (i should get paid for this)
                              officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

                              Comment


                              • Finger print card and ob

                                came in the mail together. My OB is October 28.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6849 users online. 360 members and 6489 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X