300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RLB4104 View Post
    I finally got the call today from MHC, and I'll be EOD'ing on 15 Nov at Chula Vista.

I posted a notice on Honorfirst.com, but my post hasn't been approved yet (and was surprised to learn it needed to be screened). Regardless, a 3-month archive search turned up practically nothing on Chula Vista, which I assume means it's been awhile since anyone on that forum has even asked about that station, much less been hired there.

So for the BPAs that frequent this thread: what can I expect as an intern at CV? I already live in San Diego (right up the 805) so I'm fortunate that I don't have to deal with any of the relocation/new area concerns.

Any gouge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-RLB
    You'll be working with my brother. He's been at that station for 8 years. Congrats.

Comment

• Just got my email for finger prints and eqip.

Comment

• Originally posted by RLB4104 View Post
        I finally got the call today from MHC, and I'll be EOD'ing on 15 Nov at Chula Vista.

I posted a notice on Honorfirst.com, but my post hasn't been approved yet (and was surprised to learn it needed to be screened). Regardless, a 3-month archive search turned up practically nothing on Chula Vista, which I assume means it's been awhile since anyone on that forum has even asked about that station, much less been hired there.

So for the BPAs that frequent this thread: what can I expect as an intern at CV? I already live in San Diego (right up the 805) so I'm fortunate that I don't have to deal with any of the relocation/new area concerns.

Any gouge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-RLB
        Congrats ...just out in san Diego last month. I am in for sw California too. Well I'm in the process. Chula Vista is where I hope to end up. But ill take anywhere in California just to get on. I talked to an agent recently and he said California needs people right now. Anyways there are some nice places to live there. A lot cheaper than north county. Good luck to you. I'm jealous.
        Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• It'll be interesting for you to be at fletc artesia as either a BP or FAMS. Both agencies are there and you'll get to hear smack talking.

Comment

• Originally posted by cnublue18 View Post
            I talked to an agent recently and he said California needs people right now.
            Any line personnel will indicate they need people. I've never heard any cop say they had too many people working at any given time.

Frankly, the entire SW border needs Agents which is why the openings were announced in each state.
            NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

• Anyone taking the test tomorrow in Chicago? Going through the manual right now... doesn't seem too bad.

Comment

• Sf86

Damn Im completing this thing and its a pain in the a**. Its like a novel

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8ter1978
                  do I have to wait for someone to tell me to start the SF 86 or can I just do it now.
                  You can wait.
                  NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

• I suggest you don't wait. If you already got a T.O, then print and fill out an SF-86 as a reference so when you do the E-qip everything will be already laid out for you.

Comment

Thanks Grxmites and sgt slaughter thanks for the false info I know we are competing for the same job but this is a friendly blog LOL
                      Couple points:

1st - this is a forum, not a blog. Little articulable differences can make all the difference in the world when it comes to LE cases and developing PC. Start paying attention to detail now.

2nd - irrespective of who's competing for jobs or who isn't, you've asked some pretty rudimentary questions here as have others. For some of us who have been around a while, it's disconcerting to see applicants who can't make decisions without direction or validation from random people on he internet. It displays a lack of confidence OR ineptitude in your decision-making process. Some appear to be in dire need of some hand-holding. Are those the kind of people that we want armed on the border? Look inside and answer objectively.

Start developing some decision-making and critical thinking skills now as well as patience. If you make it to the X, you're gonna need it.
                      NRA Life Member

Comment

do I have to wait for someone to tell me to start the SF 86 or can I just do it now.
                        Originally posted by sk8ter1978
                        Thanks Grxmites and sgt slaughter thanks for the false info I know we are competing for the same job but this is a friendly blog LOL
                        I have already begun filling out the SF 86. It's a long and tedious form! sk8ter1978 - when did you send back your TO forms?!

Question for ya'll; what should I do if I need more room for previous employment (already downloaded the SF 86 A and still need room for one more)? Also, if previous employers are no longer in business, what should I put down for address/phone/contact person?!

Thanks!
                        BPA - SW
                        App - 7/15/10 | Exam - 8/18/10 | NOR - 8/25/10 | TO - 9/10/10 | TO (2) - 10/1/10 | OB - 10/13/10 - Passed! | Med/PFT1 - 11/5/10 - Passed! | Drug Screening - 2/9/11 | Background - 4/26/11 / 5/5/11 - Initial Contact / Met Investigator | Polygraph - 9/2/11 - Informed by examiner of passing...pending IA approval

Comment

• Originally posted by BPA n 2011 View Post
                          I have already begun filling out the SF 86. It's a long and tedious form! sk8ter1978 - when did you send back your TO forms?!

Question for ya'll; what should I do if I need more room for previous employment (already downloaded the SF 86 A and still need room for one more)? Also, if previous employers are no longer in business, what should I put down for address/phone/contact person?!

Thanks!
                          I've seen this question a lot. Read the instructions on the first page, specifically under the heading "Instructions for Completing this Form." Item number 10 will tell you to use a continuation sheet called a SF 86A. Here is the link.

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
                            I've seen this question a lot. Read the instructions on the first page, specifically under the heading "Instructions for Completing this Form." Item number 10 will tell you to use a continuation sheet called a SF 86A. Here is the link.
                            Thanks for the reply, o2force. I did read the instructions correctly and followed the proper procedure by downloading the SF 86A. With all due respect, if you had read my post thoroughly, it stated that. My question was what to do if I run out of room on the SF 86A (for previous employment). Thanks!
                            BPA - SW
                            App - 7/15/10 | Exam - 8/18/10 | NOR - 8/25/10 | TO - 9/10/10 | TO (2) - 10/1/10 | OB - 10/13/10 - Passed! | Med/PFT1 - 11/5/10 - Passed! | Drug Screening - 2/9/11 | Background - 4/26/11 / 5/5/11 - Initial Contact / Met Investigator | Polygraph - 9/2/11 - Informed by examiner of passing...pending IA approval

Comment

• Originally posted by BPA n 2011 View Post
                              Thanks for the reply, o2force. I did read the instructions correctly and followed the proper procedure by downloading the SF 86A. With all due respect, if you had read my post thoroughly, it stated that. My question was what to do if I run out of room on the SF 86A (for previous employment). Thanks!
                              Keep adding continuations sheets. I had plenty the last time I had to fill one out.

Comment

• Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
                                Keep adding continuations sheets. I had plenty the last time I had to fill one out.
                                Thanks, avalon42. That's the answer I'm looking for!
                                BPA - SW

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5321 users online. 405 members and 4916 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X