Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
    A few corrections:

There hasn't been a hiring freeze in quite some time, at least 5 or 6 years.

Test scores are irrelevant ONCE you get a TO.

Class sizes will most likely go back to how they are the rest of the year. Before and just after the FY, when there's no money, they cut classes down to 25-30 trainees instead of 50.
    From the TOs that have gone out so far they appear to be by when you took the test not by your score. I got a 105 rating and received my TO when others with similiar test dates. Otherwise I would gotten mine ealier then 9/15
    BPA -
    Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
    TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• They may or may not be using a cut off score, we have in the past. But as I said, once you have a TO your test score is irrelevant.

You got a 105 and obviously got a TO, if you had said you got a TO with a 71 then we would all know if there was a currernt cut off score.

Comment

• For what it’s worth, I was in the first group to receive a TO and just recently received my Oral Interview invitation. All of this was with a relatively low test score.

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8ter1978
          Ok so no answer yet so let me refraise it how long from the TO to the Oral Board for those of you that has it done already
          No one knows when they will decide to detail 3-9 agents to spend a week in whatever city your OB will be in. Even if you live near a Border Patrol station or HQ, they will often send agents across the country for the OB.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
            For what it’s worth, I was in the first group to receive a TO and just recently received my Oral Interview invitation. All of this was with a relatively low test score.
            What day did you test? I tested on 8/17 and got my TO 8/30. I'm still waiting for the interview.

Comment

Ok so no answer yet so let me refraise it how long from the TO to the Oral Board for those of you that has it done already
              Tested on the 8/16, TO on 8/30. (East Coast) I recieved my OB invite on 9/13 via USPS but it was printed on 9/9. They scheduled my OB at a location only 10 miles from my home.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                They may or may not be using a cut off score, we have in the past. But as I said, once you have a TO your test score is irrelevant.

You got a 105 and obviously got a TO, if you had said you got a TO with a 71 then we would all know if there was a currernt cut off score.
                I hadn't seen anyone on this or another forum that took the test prior to 9-1-2010 that hasn't gotten a TO. I had 105 and when TOs went out on 9/10 I didn't get one but someone with an 81 did. That is why I think at this point its going by the date you took the test. Maybe in the future when they reach a certain number. My guess is as good as anyone elses. I would expect more TO's this week to go out.
                BPA -
                Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• In comparison to other LE entrance exams, how hard is the written test for the BP? How hard is the artificial language test?

Comment

• It's easier then the TEA, harder then a litmus test

Comment

• Most difficult one I've seen so far. Completely different from standard city/county/state LE exams as well.
                      NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

• Timeline

Well as far as timelines. I recieved my T.O on July 14th and already completed the Med/PFT1 and Orals. I'm currently doing the background paperwork right now. I Am still awaiting a call for the drug test.

Comment

• Does anyone know if they are starting academy classes this year or are they till January?

Comment

• Academy classes start every week.

Comment

so maybe this week for the OB.
                              You're knocked up? That'll make things interesting.
                              NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

• Originally posted by tsawille View Post
                                Here's a question for any current agents. Where do you think the majority of the new hires will be posted? I am not new to this thread. I know most people say Arizona because thats where the heaviest traffic has been.
                                The word that I have heard from very reliable sources is that at least 800 and possibly all thousand of the "new" agents will go to Tucson sector. The agents that are hired to replace agents lost due to attrition will go wherever agents have been lost.

I have talked to some agents who say Nogales and some other parts of arizona are slowing down a little after Arizona's immigration law, even though most of it was shot down.
                                Traffic has slowed at some stations but the reasons have absolutely nothing to do with SB 1070.

Do you see traffic moving to other states? Wouldnt it make sense if thousands of illegal families are moving out of arizona, that alot of crossers would cross elswhere also?
                                It has not happened yet, and I doubt it will happen anytime soon. That being said, if Tucson sector ever get's truly controlled it is possible that traffic could be pushed elsewhere.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6678 users online. 465 members and 6213 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X