300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO...I'm 10hrs away from the nearest open house
    Last edited by M_akaveli8; 09-16-2010, 08:27 AM.
    BP
    Applied online: 07/15/2010
    Written test: 08/23/2010
    Notice of Results(NOR) 09/01/2010 (91 score No Vet points) GS-7
    TSL: Received 09/15/2010--Submitted 09/29/2011
    OB: 10/27/2010 Passed
    PT1/Medical: 03/09/2011 Passed
    TSL2(BI forms): Received 03/18/2011-Submitted 03/27/2011
    Drug test: 04/05/2011
    BI meeting: 5/11/2011
    BI completed???
    TSU???
    EOD???

Comment

• I have my Oral Interview scheduled in two weeks. I received the call yesterday. Pretty stoked. Good to all in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by tnm78 View Post
        I have my Oral Interview scheduled in two weeks. I received the call yesterday. Pretty stoked. Good to all in the process.
        Well I am glad to hear that...hopefully there are still slots around once I am done with my exam which is scheduled for end of next month (I just on the band wagon rather late). Good luck to all.

Comment

• I got a letter in the mail today for my OB. I'm going to have to try and reschedule it. Logistics just won't work for time and date.

Comment

• I received mine yesterday and was really surprised with my score. I received a 95. Definitely one of the tougher tests I have taken.
            San Francisco PD
            04/2009 - applied
            written - passed
            physical - passed
            oral - passed

Berkeley PD
            07/2010 - applied
            written - passed
            physical - passed
            oral - passed

FAMS
            09/13/2010 - applied

USPP
            08/2010 - applied
            08/27/2010 - written

Border Patrol
            08/2010 - applied
            09/10/2010 - written
            09/15/2010 - NOR 95 with no vet points

Comment

• Just food for thought for you future BPA's:

Ten worst places to live in America Article - #1 Worst Location in the Country:

1. El Centro, California
              Population: 41,241

Lose your job in El Centro and it may be quite some time before you find another one. One in four people here are out of work and the city holds the not-so distinguished honor of having the highest unemployment rate -- 27.5% -- in the country (close behind is Yuma, Ariz., with 27.2% unemployment).

The desert city, which is located in Imperial County just across the border from Mexicali, has a jobless rate triple the national average of 9.5% thanks to the seasonal fluctuations of field laborers. Field work is the county's third-largest employment sector after government, transportation and utilities, according to AOL News.

"Its location across the border from a much larger Mexican city means that there is a large floating labor force," Jim Gerber, an economics professor and director of the international business program at San Diego State University, told AOL News. "The data for Imperial County is skewed by this, such that the layoffs and out-of-work laborers are not actually counted correctly."

Even with the ebb and flow of its working population, things are still pretty bleak in El Centro. Last year, the city's cemetery went into foreclosure.

See full article from WalletPop: http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/0...here_copyright

Comment

• where do i go to apply for BP??

Comment

• Originally posted by KJean26 View Post
                  where do i go to apply for BP??
                  If you can't figure that out then you don't deserve the job.

Comment

• I heard BP has to contact you first. Then you can apply. Hope I hear from them soon.
                    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• Originally posted by KJean26 View Post
                      where do i go to apply for BP??
                      You can contact the reqruitment hotline.
                      401-992-4052

Good Luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by tf4101 View Post
                        You can contact the reqruitment hotline.
                        401-992-4052

Good Luck!
                        Just called it. They said I can start Monday
                        Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cman21 View Post
                          If you can't figure that out then you don't deserve the job.
                          Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
                            http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/c...eers/bp_oh.xml

Anyone planning on going to the open house they have scheduled?
                            I went to the one in Minneapolis yesterday. Heres what I found out. Some of it is repeatative of what we already knew but the newbies might not know it.
                            - Obama authorized 1000 NEW positions. This is in addition to 1200 open slots due to attrition during the hiring freeze. They emphasized the point that there are 2200 open slot that they will be filling in the next year, Fiscal year 2011. Good news for us!
                            - They are pushing applicants through as quickly as possible to fill these slots. They said expect 6-12 months from initial test date to EOD- could be longer of course depending on how your tests and background investigation go.
                            - They are drastically increasing class sizes and number starting as soon as the fiscal year begins.
                            - Your cert date determines your position in line. I think this is the TO. So when they have an open position they will take the person with the earliest TO as long as they have all green checks in CASS. So if your TO is a day earlier than mine you will get a firm offer unless you are not done with BI, PFT ect... then it would pass you and be offered to me if I am done.
                            - Test scores are irrelevent, as long as you pass. After that you can forget about your score, all that matters is your cert date.
                            - As far as pay you will get your first promotion in about 7 months then yearly till you are a 12. So if you go in as a GL-5 you will get 7 after 7 months, 9 a year later, 11 year later and 12 a year after that. So in just over 3 1/2 years even a GL-5 will be 12!!
                            If anyone else is planning on attending an open house post it here so other folks can give you some questions to ask. I ment to do this but have no internet at home and just learned about the open house the day before.
                            TSU- 07/14/09
                            location- Minneapolis

Comment

• Originally posted by tsawille View Post
                              I went to the one in Minneapolis yesterday. Heres what I found out. Some of it is repeatative of what we already knew but the newbies might not know it.
                              - Obama authorized 1000 NEW positions. This is in addition to 1200 open slots due to attrition during the hiring freeze. They emphasized the point that there are 2200 open slot that they will be filling in the next year, Fiscal year 2011. Good news for us!
                              - They are pushing applicants through as quickly as possible to fill these slots. They said expect 6-12 months from initial test date to EOD- could be longer of course depending on how your tests and background investigation go.
                              - They are drastically increasing class sizes and number starting as soon as the fiscal year begins.
                              - Your cert date determines your position in line. I think this is the TO. So when they have an open position they will take the person with the earliest TO as long as they have all green checks in CASS. So if your TO is a day earlier than mine you will get a firm offer unless you are not done with BI, PFT ect... then it would pass you and be offered to me if I am done.
                              - Test scores are irrelevent, as long as you pass. After that you can forget about your score, all that matters is your cert date.
                              - As far as pay you will get your first promotion in about 7 months then yearly till you are a 12. So if you go in as a GL-5 you will get 7 after 7 months, 9 a year later, 11 year later and 12 a year after that. So in just over 3 1/2 years even a GL-5 will be 12!!
                              If anyone else is planning on attending an open house post it here so other folks can give you some questions to ask. I ment to do this but have no internet at home and just learned about the open house the day before.
                              A few corrections:

There hasn't been a hiring freeze in quite some time, at least 5 or 6 years.

Test scores are irrelevant ONCE you get a TO.

Class sizes will most likely go back to how they are the rest of the year. Before and just after the FY, when there's no money, they cut classes down to 25-30 trainees instead of 50.

Comment

• Here's a question for any current agents. Where do you think the majority of the new hires will be posted? I am not new to this thread. I know most people say Arizona because thats where the heaviest traffic has been. I have talked to some agents who say Nogales and some other parts of arizona are slowing down a little after Arizona's immigration law, even though most of it was shot down. Do you see traffic moving to other states? Wouldnt it make sense if thousands of illegal families are moving out of arizona, that alot of crossers would cross elswhere also?
                                TSU- 07/14/09
                                location- Minneapolis

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4434 users online. 300 members and 4134 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X