300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sk8ter1978
    does anyone know how good your credit has to be or are they just looking to see if you are making payments no matter if the bills are in collections or not I have some cause I am unemployed and they are in collections but I am making minimum payments on them is that ok cause how do they expect anyone to have no bills and to make max payment on them without a job please share some experience or feedback
    They issue you a government travel card, so you have to have good enough credit to get that. I was told by Human Resources that more people failed the BOP hiring process due to credit problems than any other reason. That is how I slipped in and was hired above 10 point vets.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• This issue is brought up every few days. The answer is that it is all case by case. There is no cookie cutter solution that says this guy is a "go", and this guy is a "no go." Essentially, they are looking to see if you are responsible and that you do not have the potential for corruption.

Comment

cnublue18 the reason they are in collections is like I stated above I am unemployed I lost my job and no money comming in does that sum it up I just hope they give me a chance I did get my TO and scored a 91 on the test I have 9 years LE background so I will just keep my fingures crossed
        As long as you contacted your creditors and they are fine with the minimum payment you are making, then you should be good to go in most cases. You may want to contact your creditors and ask them for a hardship program. Most of them will work with you BEFORE it goes to collections.

I'm in the same boat as you are (unemployed but fulltime grad student), but just had one account go bad. I called the creditor and negotiated with them. I am making my payments on time and the interest rates got bumped down by 1/2.

Comment

cnublue18 the reason they are in collections is like I stated above I am unemployed I lost my job and no money comming in does that sum it up I just hope they give me a chance I did get my TO and scored a 91 on the test I have 9 years LE background so I will just keep my fingures crossed
          Sorry to hear that. Well good luck to you. Hopefully they will be understanding of your situation
          Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• Originally posted by BF280 View Post
            I tested on 8/30 and have not recieved a TO. If the process continues at the pace and pattern that I've observed, we have a good chance of getting our TO's this week. But at the same time, you just never know!
            tested on 08/23/2010...havent received TO as of today
            BP
            Applied online: 07/15/2010
            Written test: 08/23/2010
            Notice of Results(NOR) 09/01/2010 (91 score No Vet points) GS-7
            TSL: Received 09/15/2010--Submitted 09/29/2011
            OB: 10/27/2010 Passed
            PT1/Medical: 03/09/2011 Passed
            TSL2(BI forms): Received 03/18/2011-Submitted 03/27/2011
            Drug test: 04/05/2011
            BI meeting: 5/11/2011
            BI completed???
            TSU???
            EOD???

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPat View Post
              The only advice that can be given is to use common sense in your answers and to dress in appropriate attire.
              The scheduling notice says the interview process takes at least 3-4 hours, and possibly the whole day. Is this really true? How long is the actual interview? Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northern10 View Post
                The scheduling notice says the interview process takes at least 3-4 hours, and possibly the whole day. Is this really true? How long is the actual interview? Thank you.
                Half an hour. My friend said he was livescanned after the interview.

Comment

• My DEA interview took over an hour and I was livescanned after that too.

Comment

• So why do they say at least 3-4 hours? Also, what is livescan and how long does that take?

Comment

So why do they say at least 3-4 hours? Also, what is livescan and how long does that take?
                      Livescan is where they scan your fingerprints and send a live image to DOJ/FBI for background processing. It's to verify identity and check against criminal databases.

I've been livescanned 14 times so far, and each time gets better and better because the wait for turnaround is shorter and shorter.

http://www-admn.csun.edu/publicsafet...can/index.html
                      Last edited by avalon42; 09-13-2010, 12:27 PM.

Comment

The actual interview is probably going to be 45 minutes to 1 hour..... you will be scheduled to interview with multiple other applicants. The wait time will be from waiting on the applicants before you to complete their interview.
                        Last edited by BigPat; 09-13-2010, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• I have done oral hiring boards and I have no clue what "livescanning" is.

Edit: Ok, I guess l"ivescanning" is an IAFIS scan for fingerprints. They do do that sometimes.
                          Last edited by BigPat; 09-13-2010, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• question for those that received a TO and received the email with pdf attachments.

the pdf they sent me will not let me type my responses. Is anyone else having this problem? or are we supposed to just fill it in with our own handwriting?

Comment

• I dont think it matters. I remember the first time I recieved my T.O I wrote it by hand but this time I typed it. Its just neater if you type it.

Comment

• Originally posted by tk90 View Post
                                question for those that received a TO and received the email with pdf attachments.

the pdf they sent me will not let me type my responses. Is anyone else having this problem? or are we supposed to just fill it in with our own handwriting?
                                I printed it all off and filled it in by hand. Mailed it the same day I received it.
                                What is Perseverance?
                                -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                                -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                                -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8391 users online. 323 members and 8068 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X