300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grxmites View Post
    I got called today to schedule the medical and pft1. I scheduled it for wednesday. Then saturday is my oral interview.

Should be fun.

Awesome. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
      So the mad push for 100k applicants is to get another eligibility list going?
      Exactly. The whole thing takes 1.5 to 2 years, so it's not like we will be at fletc in 6 months. We might finish the process in 6 months, but end up waiting for the next year or longer for a class date.
      What is Perseverance?
      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• So I tested on 8/31 in Sacramento; today I received an email stating "This is to acknowledge the receipt of the Occupational Questionnaire you submitted."

Anyone else get this today, or in the past? Just curious... I was really hoping that it was my test results. Oh well.

Good luck everyone!
        I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

Comment

• Over at Honor First, theres a speadsheet that shows how long people have been waiting for the call. Some have been over 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
            Exactly. The whole thing takes 1.5 to 2 years, so it's not like we will be at fletc in 6 months. We might finish the process in 6 months, but end up waiting for the next year or longer for a class date.
            Cripes. I guess I'll just keep plugging away at my MPA in the meanwhile.

Comment

I don't think it's gonna take that long this time. They are planning to deploy additional agents immediately, acc to what I read.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northern10 View Post
                I don't think it's gonna take that long this time. They are planning to deploy additional agents immediately, acc to what I read.
                I figured they would have at least 200 on a waiting list, but if they have a thousand, there is no way in heck us with recent TOs will get a chance.

I'll just do what I normally do. Stand by and wait. It'll give me more time to finish my first 90 days of P90X too.

Comment

I figured they would have at least 200 on a waiting list, but if they have a thousand, there is no way in heck us with recent TOs will get a chance.
                  http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...HQ&output=html

Comment

That's actually a good idea. If for whatever reason border patrol doesn't work out, you will have an advanced degree to take you further.

Originally posted by avalon42 View Post

I'll just do what I normally do. Stand by and wait. It'll give me more time to finish my first 90 days of P90X too.
                    We will have just as good a chance as anyone else. Just don't expect it to be a quick process. Just be happy you didn't miss this opportunity. A couple of years from now, when we are approaching the end of the process, there will be a bunch of people wishing they had applied back in 2010
                    What is Perseverance?
                    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by Blind Justice View Post
                      So I tested on 8/31 in Sacramento; today I received an email stating "This is to acknowledge the receipt of the Occupational Questionnaire you submitted."

Anyone else get this today, or in the past? Just curious... I was really hoping that it was my test results. Oh well.

Good luck everyone!
                      I got that email, then my NOR email about an hour later. I tested on 8/31 as well so it shouldn't be too much longer for you to find out your results.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                        That's actually a good idea. If for whatever reason border patrol doesn't work out, you will have an advanced degree to take you further.

We will have just as good a chance as anyone else. Just don't expect it to be a quick process. Just be happy you didn't miss this opportunity. A couple of years from now, when we are approaching the end of the process, there will be a bunch of people wishing they had applied back in 2010
                        Ah damn, but I would have been able to qualify for the GL-9 level with my MPA. Argh!!!

Here's to hoping and keeping hope alive. Economy is DEAD out there.

Seriously man, TK, you are my hero. I went back a few threads and found your weight loss one. Good stuff.

Comment

• Ok, what does this link exactly mean?

Comment

• It's not as bad as I thought it would be. Any proof to the rumor BP is looking to hire 2000 (instead of 1000) new agents? Wish everyone the best who are on the list, and who will be testing soon. I have my written tomorrow in Avondale, Az.
                            Last edited by bn6249; 09-09-2010, 08:11 PM.

"If there is no vision, there is no hope"

George Washington Carver 1864-1942

Comment

• Originally posted by ee78 View Post
                              Ok, what does this link exactly mean?
                              Its a time table of how long it takes between getting your TO and TSU. The ones at the bottom that have received the quick offers have already been through the process and are using past clearances.

Comment

• Originally posted by bn6249 View Post
                                It's not as bad as I thought it would be. Any proof to the rumor BP is looking to hire 2000 (instead of 1000) new agents? Wish everyone the best who are on the list, and who will be testing soon. I have my written tomorrow in Avondale, Az.
                                I kind of doubt the rumor is true. It's a matter of funding. 1000 new agents were calculated with the money granted by congress. Another 600 million just isn't going to show up out of no where.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4565 users online. 276 members and 4289 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X