Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey all, since the Minneapolis hiring center cant return my phone calls in a timely manner I figured I'd ask here. I'm almost done filling out the packet sent via email after I passed the test. One statement on it says I have 14 days from the date I received the packet until it is due. Another statement on another section says it must be postmarked by the 14th day. Does anyone know for sure what the deal is? I'd send it out today, I have 7 days left but I don't want it to get lost in transit or get there in 8 days. Another question, on the OF 306, question 18, it says to fill out ONLY if you were a federal employee at one time or are one. Does active duty military count as federal employment?

Comment

• My theory on the TO's is that they had a cut off date to send out TO's which appears to be a test date of 08/16/2010 (at least for initial TOs). Which include those who already tested prior to the newest openings. When they are ready to send out TOs again they will take from the inventory (those who tested and received NORs) and then go from highest possible score (110) to lowest score (70) that is from information gathered from their email about the "hiring process" the CBP website.
      BPA -
      Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
      TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Ob

I got my Oral Interview Letter. Its on Sept 18th in New Rochelle, NYC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grxmites View Post
          That's good news. I just hope I get mine soon.

Quick question for those who have been through the process before. Are they flexible with the scheduling for oral boards? My days off are Monday/Tuesday, so I would strongly prefer an oral on one of those days.
          What is Perseverance?
          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

When did you complete the last step? I'm assuming that was the Medical Exam? Thank you.

Comment

• No to the med/physical. For some reason this time they scheduled the Oral Boards first. I remember the first time it was the med/phy scheduled first. I've read on the honorfirst forums that there is no set way on how they handle the process and everything can be scheduled differently. Well so far the first time and this time the oral board is gonna land on a sat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
                My theory on the TO's is that they had a cut off date to send out TO's which appears to be a test date of 08/16/2010 (at least for initial TOs). Which include those who already tested prior to the newest openings. When they are ready to send out TOs again they will take from the inventory (those who tested and received NORs) and then go from highest possible score (110) to lowest score (70) that is from information gathered from their email about the "hiring process" the CBP website.
                I tested 8/17/2010 and got my TO on 8/30/2010 and I scored an 88. So your theory is wrong.

Comment

No to the med/physical. For some reason this time they scheduled the Oral Boards first. I remember the first time it was the med/phy scheduled first. I've read on the honorfirst forums that there is no set way on how they handle the process and everything can be scheduled differently. Well so far the first time and this time the oral board is gonna land on a sat.
                  When did you test and receive your TO? I tested 8/17, received my TO 8/30/2010 and sent it the same day.

Comment

• I used my old test scores from 2008. I applied the first day the announcement opened and recieved my nor the next day. They sent my T.O aug 11th.

Comment

• Well like I mentioned before there were alot of people who tested when the North Border announcement was open last year and never recieved a T.O that applied for this announcement and the others who passed the test and failed something along the way.
                      Last edited by Grxmites; 09-07-2010, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                        Well I took the ALT and received my TO over a week ago. My score was a 91 (no vet points), so that pretty much blows that theory out of the water.
                        Same here. Took the ALT and scored 92 no vet poins. Got my TO same time as most of these guys. I figure its going to be a month or two before the next step. The fed budget is technically decided in Oct, right?

Comment

• Yes, in October. Does anyone know if their scheduling any classes before the end of this year .

Comment

• Appears I was off a day, so the last scheduled test day that people have received TOs are from 8/17. You are in the inventory, you just have to wait until they start issuing TOs again. It would be diffcult to issue them all at once, that would overwhelm their staff. Hopefully this week they will start sending them out again.
                            BPA -
                            Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                            TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Honor First can answer most of your questions. They have a much more in depth forum going on over there. Not trying to have people jump ships, but i want to make sure everyone can get some better insight.

Comment

• Now I've got green checks for BI and drug screening! I love how all my stuff for CBPO is carrying over for this job!
                                "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11035 users online. 220 members and 10815 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X