300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
    I've heard similar numbers about polygraphs. I wonder what number of applicants are passing, that shouldn't. I think that's more of an intriguing number.

It almost seems as though the poly is more of a deterrent then an actual method of detection. No offense to any examiners.
    I wonder the same thing. I passed one that I took many years ago.. but it seems that when you look into it that it is nothing more than junk science. I know a few people that have failed polys for one agency yet passed for another, and they were good, upstanding people and are good LEOs....

Comment

• Originally posted by Evangellon View Post
      SAAS13,
      No worries. Its normal to be very inquisitive about the process to get the job you want. I think its good advice to avoid looking into the specifics about trying to trick the polygraph. I and many others received the advice to get several good nights sleep and avoid the caffeine. Relax, focus, don't let your mind wander, and you'll do great.
      Thank you for the advice. I will most definitely listen and I'm going to do all I can to pass.

I'm curious, though, why they didn't include the polygraph as part of the hiring process in the "Border Patrol Hiring Summary" e-mail that was sent out. Anyone know?
      Border Patrol Agent (SWB)
      Applied: 7/14/10
      Exam: 8/18/10
      Exam Results: 8/24/10 (99 w/o Vet. Points)
      TSL 1: 9/10/10
      TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/1/10
      Medical/PFT1: 10/15/10
      Oral Board: 10/26/10 (Passed)
      Drug Test: 2/3/11
      B.I. Interview: 3/30/11
      TSU: 7/21/11
      Final Offer: 7/22/11 (Naco, AZ)
      EOD: 8/15/11
      Academy: 8/22/11

Comment

• Originally posted by SAAS13 View Post
        Thank you for the advice. I will most definitely listen and I'm going to do all I can to pass.

I'm curious, though, why they didn't include the polygraph as part of the hiring process in the "Border Patrol Hiring Summary" e-mail that was sent out. Anyone know?

The fact that you may have to take a polygraph is CLEARLY written in the job listing.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShadoes View Post
          The fact that you may have to take a polygraph is CLEARLY written in the job listing.
          Background Security Investigation: Prior to appointment, tentative selectees must undergo and satisfactorily complete a background investigation, which includes but is not limited to a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) name and fingerprint check and a 10-year background investigation. As part of the investigation you will be asked to complete and submit a security questionnaire (SF-86). The questionnaire will ask you questions regarding education, residences, past and current employers, police records, financial situation, drug and alcohol use, etc. The background investigation will consist of, among other things, a personal interview, a check for arrest records, a credit check, and interviews of employers and personal references. A history of problems in any of these areas may result in your disqualification for this position. Keep in mind that because we have a law enforcement mission, we set a very high standard for our employees. Appointment to this position may require the successful completion of a polygraph examination.
          Yup, and they put it in bold too. But I'm still blown away that they do not have 100K applicants yet. I thought it would close fast.

Comment

• Hi Everyone,
            First post here, you have all been a great resource by the way. I have read this whole thread in preparation for my test on 20 Sept. I was born and raised in Vegas, and love the heat. I have done 6 yrs in the Air Force as a flight medic, where I got to play in the Middle Eastern heat a few times. I hope the best to all of you that have tested, and those of us waiting. Can't wait to see you all, and myself in Border Patrol Green!

Comment

• Welcome aboard and best wishes for the hiring process. Thanks for reading the prior posts first--especially before asking a question that has been discussed ad nauseum.
              FBI CI 1811:
              June 2007: Applied
              July 2007: Phase I
              October 2010: Phase II
              March 2011: PFT, PSI, Polygraph, Medical
              April 2011: BI, Spouse Interview

Critical Skills: accounting & FLEO

Comment

• Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
                Yup, and they put it in bold too. But I'm still blown away that they do not have 100K applicants yet. I thought it would close fast.
                Yeah, it says may and we obviously know that it's a possibility. It would be better to clarify to the applicants that are actually in the process for the job and not just viewing the announcement online. I guess I'm just looking for a clear answer and with the way the hiring processes in the government are, there never really is one...Oh well.

Comment

Yeah, it says may and we obviously know that it's a possibility. It would be better to clarify to the applicants that are actually in the process for the job and not just viewing the announcement online. I guess I'm just looking for a clear answer and with the way the hiring processes in the government are, there never really is one...Oh well.
                  Well, in the TO email, it contradicts itself by saying email or fax the pre-employment forms, but there is a line supersedeing telling you to MAIL, not email or fax the forms. It would make sense to update these emails, because IMHO, I'm sure they get bugged with calls about what's current.

Not so good news about myself, I may have sprained my toe and have been off it for 4 days. Not being able to do my 4 miles is making me stircrazy.

Comment

• Do most of the candidates who passed the exam get a TO? I've been checking my email like crazy since I got my NOR (92), I just want to know if I have a good shot with this.

Comment

• Im hoping the email didnt go to my spam folder, and get deleted...
                      I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

Comment

• Does anyone know if they might be giving priority to those who took the Spanish test and passed even if their over all score was not as high as others that took the A.L. test? Wouldn't this be in favor of the agency when it comes time for the academy and pushing people through.

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8ter1978
                          Hey NYGUY87 I am still waiting on my TO I scored a 101 and I tested on the 18th of August and still nothing as of today.
                          Wow, I scored a 90 and got my TO right away. Maybe you scored too high.

Comment

• Hmm, so maybe any day now?

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8ter1978
                              Hey NYGUY87 I am still waiting on my TO I scored a 101 and I tested on the 18th of August and still nothing as of today.
                              I also took it August 18th and scored 99 with no vet preference and still nothing as well...

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                                Does anyone know if they might be giving priority to those who took the Spanish test and passed even if their over all score was not as high as others that took the A.L. test? Wouldn't this be in favor of the agency when it comes time for the academy and pushing people through.
                                Well I took the ALT and received my TO over a week ago. My score was a 91 (no vet points), so that pretty much blows that theory out of the water.
                                What is Perseverance?
                                -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                                -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                                -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9205 users online. 236 members and 8969 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X