Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got the same email.

Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
    I got an email today about the "hiring process" stating "You are now part of our inventory. You will be considered for future openings in "score order." It appeared to be emailed out to all of those who took the written exam.

Comment

• so now that those emails are going out, im assuming that the 1,000 quota has been met.

Comment

• It probably has. Remember it did say that those who tested prior to the 27th of August were gonna get processed quicker.

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhug View Post
          so now that those emails are going out, im assuming that the 1,000 quota has been met.
          Originally posted by ee78 View Post
          It probably has. Remember it did say that those who tested prior to the 27th of August were gonna get processed quicker.
          Not necessarily. Maybe you are confusing it with the "Border Patrol Agent Summary of Hiring Process" email?! I received the hiring process email right after the NOR.
          BPA - SW
          App - 7/15/10 | Exam - 8/18/10 | NOR - 8/25/10 | TO - 9/10/10 | TO (2) - 10/1/10 | OB - 10/13/10 - Passed! | Med/PFT1 - 11/5/10 - Passed! | Drug Screening - 2/9/11 | Background - 4/26/11 / 5/5/11 - Initial Contact / Met Investigator | Polygraph - 9/2/11 - Informed by examiner of passing...pending IA approval

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
            9 times out 10 your station will be someplace tolerable.

There are some locations that are very desirable, such as San Diego, Casa Grande, and Tucson. There are areas that are large and have all the necessary amenities, but may have other issues, such as high crime rates like Laredo. Other stations are located directly across from war-zones, such as El Paso. There are also stations in very remote areas that may not have a hospital, have a poor school system, minimal fresh produce, and government housing. However, most stations are located in mid sized cities that have a hospital, a walmart, grocery stores, restaurants, bars, etc. The stuff needed to get by.

With that said, you need to understand that border life is different from life elsewhere. It's temperately different, geographically different, and especially culturally different. These things need to be considered before accepting an offer.

I am not going to go into what stations are good and which ones are bad, but if you are given a choice and can't decide which one to chose, feel free to PM and I'll help you out.
            Thank you for your detailed response. Which locations are the most family-friendly, would you say? I guess San Diego and Tucson, right?

Comment

• I tested on the 17 of August in Orange County, scored an 88 and got the TO on 8/30. I mailed the packet out the same day by certified mail. Brother, I understand your frustration. This process is unexplainable.

Comment

• ee78-
                "If your seeking a career in Law Enforcement working out should be part of your lifestyle dude. Being an out of shape cop is simply irresponsible."

It was a joke. I am in pretty good shape but I will be increasing my workout in preperation for the PFT's and the job itself.

"I took mine of 8/17, scored an 88 and received my TO on 8/30 for San Diego Sector. Not sure how it works guys. I tested our of Orange County Calif. I'm sure you should get it soon. Hang in there."

How do you know where your TO is for? I listed CA as my preference and got a TO but I think the location will be in the final offer. If not then I guess I will see you in training and we might be coworkers!!

M1k3-
                "Anyone else received a TO recently? Looks like they may have ran out of TOs! I took the test on 8/19/10 scored an 89. No TO yet.

I received an email saying they would make a list and will send out TOs based entirely on the score. However I beleive they consider score and test date. Someone who scored lower than me but took the test earlier than me will get a TO sooner.

Is this correct? Or am I thinking too much about a TO."

I initially tested back in 2007 and reused my old score. I think thats why I got my TO so quick. Good luck, hope you get yours soon!!
                TSU- 07/14/09
                location- Minneapolis

Comment

• Alot of people used their scored they had from 07-08-09, not to mention all the people who were in the process for the North Border annoucement that switched over right when they opened the south border. I too used my old score from 08 and got my T.O right around aug 11th. All I can say is be prepared to do alot of waiting.

Comment

• Those who applied in 07/08/09 should have already been in the pool. Why would you have to reapply if you are already in the Border Patrol's inventory?
                    BPA -
                    Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                    TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8ter1978
                      I am still waiting for the TO if it is true about them hiring the applicants faster for those who applied before the 27 of August where the heck is my TO then I cant wait any more I am going crazy LOL has anyone who has taken the test on the 18th of August in Los Angeles received a TO yet please let me know I scored a 91 and I have not received anything yet I have been reading threw this blog and I see some people with test scores in the eighties received something I thought it went by test score.
                      I took mine August 18th but in Cleveland. They have only sent out TOs on Aug 30 and 31st (Monday, Tuesday) and those were people who took it earlier than the 18th. Look for one this Tuesday (as Monday is a holiday). Don't worry, it will come. We are in the system with good scores. They also had to do the qualification part of the test so that could be the wait. We tested before the 31st so we are good for early qualification. I was nervous, too, but the more I thought about it the more I understand it is not a big deal to not have one yet. Hang in there.
                      Border Patrol Agent (SWB)
                      Applied: 7/14/10
                      Exam: 8/18/10
                      Exam Results: 8/24/10 (99 w/o Vet. Points)
                      TSL 1: 9/10/10
                      TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/1/10
                      Medical/PFT1: 10/15/10
                      Oral Board: 10/26/10 (Passed)
                      Drug Test: 2/3/11
                      B.I. Interview: 3/30/11
                      TSU: 7/21/11
                      Final Offer: 7/22/11 (Naco, AZ)
                      EOD: 8/15/11
                      Academy: 8/22/11

Comment

• I meant 2007-2008-2009 as in years. OPPS!
                        And I mean those who applied and took the test in those years and failed a part of the process. They get to use their old test scores. I know alot of people on the Honorfirst site that tested in 07 but failed lets say the oral boards and never reapplied. But applied for this announcement Thats what I meant budd. They got their T.O faster then anyone. I was one of them and recieved my T.O two weeks after the announcement.
                        Last edited by Grxmites; 09-04-2010, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhug View Post
                          so now that those emails are going out, im assuming that the 1,000 quota has been met.
                          I'm certain their applicant pool is going to be a lot higher than 1K applicants. Remember that a lot fail out backgrounds, PT, and of course the dreaded polygraph (I'm not concerned with it, but I did read at the delphi forums that around 60% fail out).

With this economy, they'll have their pick of cream of the crop.

Comment

• Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
                            I'm certain their applicant pool is going to be a lot higher than 1K applicants. Remember that a lot fail out backgrounds, PT, and of course the dreaded polygraph (I'm not concerned with it, but I did read at the delphi forums that around 60% fail out).

With this economy, they'll have their pick of cream of the crop.
                            I have not been able to find the answer to this: is everyone now taking the polygraph, or are they still doing only certain applicants? I don't understand how so many can fail. All you have to do is tell the truth, yes or no. If you have stuff to hide, why waste time, money, and effort when they will just find out you're lying? I've never had it done before, so I'm nervous about the actual process not failing it.
                            Border Patrol Agent (SWB)
                            Applied: 7/14/10
                            Exam: 8/18/10
                            Exam Results: 8/24/10 (99 w/o Vet. Points)
                            TSL 1: 9/10/10
                            TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/1/10
                            Medical/PFT1: 10/15/10
                            Oral Board: 10/26/10 (Passed)
                            Drug Test: 2/3/11
                            B.I. Interview: 3/30/11
                            TSU: 7/21/11
                            Final Offer: 7/22/11 (Naco, AZ)
                            EOD: 8/15/11
                            Academy: 8/22/11

Comment

• Originally posted by SAAS13 View Post
                              I have not been able to find the answer to this: is everyone now taking the polygraph, or are they still doing only certain applicants? I don't understand how so many can fail. All you have to do is tell the truth, yes or no. If you have stuff to hide, why waste time, money, and effort when they will just find out you're lying? I've never had it done before, so I'm nervous about the actual process not failing it.
                              http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/ar...413b60122.html

I heard it was a few applicants before, but I think the policy has changed to where they are polygraphing everyone that gets signed on now. If it can prevent what happened like above, then I'm for it. IMHO, it could have been a LOT WORSE. I wonder if he was poly'd.

Comment

• Originally posted by SAAS13 View Post
                                ... I don't understand how so many can fail. All you have to do is tell the truth, yes or no. If you have stuff to hide, why waste time, money, and effort when they will just find out you're lying? I've never had it done before, so I'm nervous about the actual process not failing it.
                                You didn't need to actually state that you've never had the poly for the fact to be obvious. The polygraph is not a mind reader. "Just" telling the truth isn't a guarantee to pass. Pathological liars can pass a polygraph test. The poly measures physiological responses as you answer questions. My suggestion in order to pass would be to get several days consistent sleep, and to skip the coffee the morning of, and of course: tell the truth. If you're jittery, even if telling the truth, it could be a disaster in the hands of an inexperienced polygrapher. $0.02.
                                FBI CI 1811:
                                June 2007: Applied
                                July 2007: Phase I
                                October 2010: Phase II
                                March 2011: PFT, PSI, Polygraph, Medical
                                April 2011: BI, Spouse Interview

Critical Skills: accounting & FLEO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7889 users online. 446 members and 7443 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X