Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope I get a station with government housing. I plan on living like a hermit for 5 years and saving up a ton of money. There is reservation housing at the federal prison where I work, and the staff who lives in the housing pays very little for rent.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• You say that now, but I think you fail to realize that with government house comes a lack of basic necessities. Hospitals, decent schools, fresh food, women. In places like Presidio you'll even lack things like movie theaters and other sources of enjoyment.

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasBound View Post
        Where are some good places to live around the southwest border? Where are the good schools, restaurants, nightlife, etc? Specifically Arizona, texas and california........
        Ya that's kind of a hard thing to say. Depends where you are; Arizona, Texas, or California. It's like chosing a quarter of the United States and asking, "who serves the best chicken wings."

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
          You say that now, but I think you fail to realize that with government house comes a lack of basic necessities. Hospitals, decent schools, fresh food, women. In places like Presidio you'll even lack things like movie theaters and other sources of enjoyment.
          I'd gladly do it. If I can drive a couple of hours I'd be fine.
          What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
            I'd gladly do it. If I can drive a couple of hours I'd be fine.
            I live about 5 hours south of Presidio.....no joke bro. There is absolutely N-A-D-A there....
            BPA
            BPA test date: 8/21/10
            TSU: 2/6/12
            EOD: ???

CBPO
            Got the call!
            PFT2: 3/23
            EOD: 4/9
            FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Raymart View Post
              I live about 5 hours south of Presidio.....no joke bro. There is absolutely N-A-D-A there....

If an offer comes, we may not even get a choice of duty stations. Keeping that in mind if someone said Presidio or nothing, I'm on my way to Presidio.

I'm not one of those guys who would turn this job down because I can't get San Diego.
              What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• It's good to have applicants that feel this way. However, knowing what I know, I wouldn't blame someone for not wanting to go to some of those hard to fill places. They aren't for everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
                  It's good to have applicants that feel this way. However, knowing what I know, I wouldn't blame someone for not wanting to go to some of those hard to fill places. They aren't for everyone.
                  Could you elaborate a bit on the hardships of these posts so people have a better idea of what they're getting into. Is it lack of amenities such as entertainment or is there absolutely nothing, even housing, in these places?

Comment

• 9 times out 10 your station will be someplace tolerable.

There are some locations that are very desirable, such as San Diego, Casa Grande, and Tucson. There are areas that are large and have all the necessary amenities, but may have other issues, such as high crime rates like Laredo. Other stations are located directly across from war-zones, such as El Paso. There are also stations in very remote areas that may not have a hospital, have a poor school system, minimal fresh produce, and government housing. However, most stations are located in mid sized cities that have a hospital, a walmart, grocery stores, restaurants, bars, etc. The stuff needed to get by.

With that said, you need to understand that border life is different from life elsewhere. It's temperately different, geographically different, and especially culturally different. These things need to be considered before accepting an offer.

I am not going to go into what stations are good and which ones are bad, but if you are given a choice and can't decide which one to chose, feel free to PM and I'll help you out.

Comment

• What you guys are discussing is my biggest concern. No matter what, my family is my priority and I will do whatever is best for them, not me or an agency. With that said let me also say this, I am committed to my department now and will be committed to the Border Patrol, family just comes first or you will lose your family.

What is it that most of you look to accomplish with the Border Patrol? For me, If I stay at my current PD, that I love by the way, I will more than likely be doing the same thing in 20 years, maybe making over $50k a year. I want more opportunites, the ability to advance in a profession and financially. It's about a better life for me and my family and doing a job that makes this country a better place. I already know that my purpose in life is in law enforcement I just want to take it to a higher level.

Just curious, are BPA's allowed to carry a weapon on airplanes?
                      Last edited by BF280; 09-03-2010, 04:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BF280 View Post
                        What you guys are discussing is my biggest concern. No matter what, my family is my priority and I will do whatever is best for them, not me or an agency. With that said let me also say this, I am committed to my department now and will be committed to the Border Patrol, family just comes first or you will lose your family.

What is it that most of you look to accomplish with the Border Patrol? For me, If I stay at my current PD, that I love by the way, I will more than likely be doing the same thing in 20 years, maybe making over $50k a year. I want more opportunites, the ability to advance in a profession and financially. It's about a better life for me and my family and doing a job that makes this country a better place. I already know that my purpose in life is in law enforcement I just want to take it to a higher level.

Just curious, are BPA's allowed to carry a weapon on airplanes?
                        I always say...I'm married to my wife not agency I work for. With that said T.O. hurry up and get here!
                        Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• To answer your last question. Yes BPA's are allowed to carry their firearm on airplanes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BF280 View Post
                            What you guys are discussing is my biggest concern. No matter what, my family is my priority and I will do whatever is best for them, not me or an agency. With that said let me also say this, I am committed to my department now and will be committed to the Border Patrol, family just comes first or you will lose your family.

A couple weeks ago I had lunch with a friend who is CBP senior program analyst at HQ. He must have talked for about ten minutes about how much advancement opportunity there will be for people that get on board now because, the way, the numbers work out, there will be an extraordinary amount of people retiring within the agency over the next five to ten years in addition to the usual attrition.
                            "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Sorry if this has been answered, but on the OF-612, it only has blocks for 2 jobs as far as work experience. Are we supposed to include the 2 most applicable jobs related to BPA or are we supposed to attach additional pages? Thanks in advance...

Sean

Comment

• I got an email today about the "hiring process" stating "You are now part of our inventory. You will be considered for future openings in "score order." It appeared to be emailed out to all of those who took the written exam.
                                BPA -
                                Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                                TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9942 users online. 480 members and 9462 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X