Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else received a TO recently? Looks like they may have ran out of TOs! I took the test on 8/19/10 scored an 89. No TO yet.

I received an email saying they would make a list and will send out TOs based entirely on the score. However I beleive they consider score and test date. Someone who scored lower than me but took the test earlier than me will get a TO sooner.

Is this correct? Or am I thinking too much about a TO.

Comment

• Originally posted by M1k3 View Post
      Anyone else received a TO recently? Looks like they may have ran out of TOs! I took the test on 8/19/10 scored an 89. No TO yet.

I received an email saying they would make a list and will send out TOs based entirely on the score. However I beleive they consider score and test date. Someone who scored lower than me but took the test earlier than me will get a TO sooner.

I feel the same way! Maybe we are just too anxious. I scored a 99 and took it on the 18th, and I figured I'd have one by now. I keep checking my e-mail. Maybe they just have yet to get to our city.
      Border Patrol Agent (SWB)
      Applied: 7/14/10
      Exam: 8/18/10
      Exam Results: 8/24/10 (99 w/o Vet. Points)
      TSL 1: 9/10/10
      TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/1/10
      Medical/PFT1: 10/15/10
      Oral Board: 10/26/10 (Passed)
      Drug Test: 2/3/11
      B.I. Interview: 3/30/11
      TSU: 7/21/11
      Final Offer: 7/22/11 (Naco, AZ)
      EOD: 8/15/11
      Academy: 8/22/11

Comment

• Originally posted by BPA n 2011 View Post
        Hi all! First off, to those who have received TO's, congrats! Secondly, would it be possible to list all the necessary documents that are required?! Figured it would give us hopeful's (with low test scores) a chance to quickly turnaround the paper work. I scored a 79 , but I'm still optimistic on receiving a TO soon!!! Thanks, everyone!
        Get these forms first.

OF - 306
        OF - 612

There are grade determination worksheets, which are pretty much the same stuff you answered on usajobs.gov. If you used experience as a qualifier for the GL levels, I would try to recall what you listed in those paragraph blocks and insert it here.

If you're claiming GL-7 by education, you MUST provide transcripts. I read somewhere that they could be unofficial, but I sent my official ones just in case.

Also, you must provide them with a copy of your drivers license.

All the rest of the forms are within the packet, and just need your signature.
        Last edited by avalon42; 09-02-2010, 06:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tsawille View Post
          I got my TO on Aug 31st! I had an 89- no veteran's points. I have heard that my CBPO background and medical will transfer over but both have expired. The background is extended by rerunning the FCRA credit check. Will that make my Agent background valid also or will they see it as expired? Also, for those of you farther in the process- how much time was it between getting you TO and the scheduling of your PFT 1? I gotta hit the gym!!
          If your seeking a career in Law Enforcement working out should be part of your lifestyle dude. Being an out of shape cop is simply irresponsible.

Comment

• Originally posted by M1k3 View Post
            Anyone else received a TO recently? Looks like they may have ran out of TOs! I took the test on 8/19/10 scored an 89. No TO yet.

I took mine of 8/17, scored an 88 and received my TO on 8/30 for San Diego Sector. Not sure how it works guys. I tested our of Orange County Calif. I'm sure you should get it soon. Hang in there.

Comment

• You are not able to apply for a specific sector. Your only choice is CA, AZ, W TX/NM, or S TX.

And they can still offer you a position anywhere along the SW border.

Comment

• Directly from the application:

Geographic Locations
                Applicants must be willing to accept placement anywhere along the Southwest border of the United States. However, you will be able to identify the one location where you would prefer to work. The four preferred worksite areas are South Texas, West Texas/New Mexico, California and Arizona. In order for your application to be processed, you must choose one geographic location where you would prefer to work.
                991 - South Texas (includes the Laredo Border Patrol Sector and the Rio Grande Valley Border Patrol Sector)
                992 - West Texas/New Mexico (includes the Del Rio Border Patrol Sector, El Paso Border Patrol
                Sector, and Marfa Border Patrol Sector)
                993 - California (includes the El Centro Border Patrol Sector and San Diego Border Patrol Sector)
                994 - Arizona (includes the Tucson Border Patrol Sector and Yuma Border Patrol Sector)

Comment

• Just got my NOR, scored an 81! I am happy with the 81 considering I ran out of time with 10 questions left and had to guess at them. It gave me a score under grade 05, 07 and 09 does that mean I may qualify for 09? I think I do but you never know unitl your told so!

Comment

• Got my NOR yesterday, scored an 85. Just happy that I am on the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by BF280 View Post
                      Just got my NOR, scored an 81! I am happy with the 81 considering I ran out of time with 10 questions left and had to guess at them. It gave me a score under grade 05, 07 and 09 does that mean I may qualify for 09? I think I do but you never know unitl your told so!
                      If/when you get a TO, there is documentation you will fill out forms justifying your eligibility to 05, 07 or 09. If you think you qualify for 9, there is a worksheet you will need to fill out explaining your eligibility for a 9.
                      Last edited by PeeOwed; 09-02-2010, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• Haha, add me to the list of anxiously awaiting hopefuls....
                        BPA
                        BPA test date: 8/21/10
                        TSU: 2/6/12
                        EOD: ???

CBPO
                        Got the call!
                        PFT2: 3/23
                        EOD: 4/9
                        FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                          You are not able to apply for a specific sector. Your only choice is CA, AZ, W TX/NM, or S TX.

And they can still offer you a position anywhere along the SW border.
                          I'll take whatever they throw at me.

Seriously guys, the economy AINT improving, and you have to be NUTS to say no to a great job!

Comment

• Where are some good places to live around the southwest border? Where are the good schools, restaurants, nightlife, etc? Specifically Arizona, texas and california........

Comment

• For those who haven't received TO's I would have a little patience. TO's went out on the 30th and I would expect for them to wait until they receive the paper work before they start issuing more. I could be wrong. I myself am waiting as well I took my written on 8/30 and received my NOR yesterday.
                              BPA -
                              Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                              TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasBound View Post
                                Where are some good places to live around the southwest border? Where are the good schools, restaurants, nightlife, etc? Specifically Arizona, texas and california........
                                The same as anywhere else in the country. Not trying to be smart, but it really just depends what station you get. You could get Tucson station and live in a major city with all the amenities or you could get Ajo station and have to commute over an hour each way just to live in a decent place.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4566 users online. 270 members and 4296 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X