Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • On the NOR it says "Your score may be found under "Rating" (see below). A score

    of "70" or higher is passing."

    That is the written test. The other email is in reference the questionnaire which we filled out initially when you applied. I believe they review your quesitonnaire occurs to see if you truly do qualify for the position.

    If I'm wrong someone please someone correct me!
    BPA -
    Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
    TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

    Comment


    • Originally posted by BadMan1775 View Post
      I was just messing, man. I'm finding that a little humor on these boards helps us all keep our sanity.
      "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

      Comment


      • Well filled out the online questionaire and scheduled a test for October....here we go. I'm hoping to be a finalized go/no-go by next summer.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
          For those of you who have already mailed out your TO packet, did you use your standard resume or go with the OF-612 form? I feel like I have a really good yet simple resume that has worked well in the passed for government employment. I would rather stay away from the OF-612 form. The way I read it, we can use either.
          I filled out the OF-612, and I included my standard resume as well. I wanted to cover all bases.
          What is Perseverance?
          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.


          BOP - BPA - ICE

          Comment


          • Just got my NOR: 91 with no Vet Points…a waiting game from now on...Should I look for the TO packet in the mail or email???
            Last edited by M_akaveli8; 09-01-2010, 03:51 PM. Reason: wrong score
            BP
            Applied online: 07/15/2010
            Written test: 08/23/2010
            Notice of Results(NOR) 09/01/2010 (91 score No Vet points) GS-7
            TSL: Received 09/15/2010--Submitted 09/29/2011
            OB: 10/27/2010 Passed
            PT1/Medical: 03/09/2011 Passed
            TSL2(BI forms): Received 03/18/2011-Submitted 03/27/2011
            Drug test: 04/05/2011
            BI meeting: 5/11/2011
            BI completed???
            TSU???
            EOD???

            Comment


            • Originally posted by M_akaveli8 View Post
              Just got my NOR: 91 with no Vet Points…a waiting game from now on...Should I look for the TO packet in the mail or email???
              E-mail.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by PeeOwed View Post
                E-mail.
                thanks
                BP
                Applied online: 07/15/2010
                Written test: 08/23/2010
                Notice of Results(NOR) 09/01/2010 (91 score No Vet points) GS-7
                TSL: Received 09/15/2010--Submitted 09/29/2011
                OB: 10/27/2010 Passed
                PT1/Medical: 03/09/2011 Passed
                TSL2(BI forms): Received 03/18/2011-Submitted 03/27/2011
                Drug test: 04/05/2011
                BI meeting: 5/11/2011
                BI completed???
                TSU???
                EOD???

                Comment


                • Fired off my packet today. Guys/gals send your packets certified mail, make sure they get it. Got pumped and did 4 miles today.

                  Comment


                  • So did anyone else watch Border Wars and think "I can't picture myself anywhere else?" or was that just me???

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                      Just got my tentative selection letter for BPA. Tested on Aug. 16th. Applied for first time ever on July 14th.
                      The beginning of the process has been going great for you.....i also scored a 91, i hope to received my tentative selection letter SOON.
                      BP
                      Applied online: 07/15/2010
                      Written test: 08/23/2010
                      Notice of Results(NOR) 09/01/2010 (91 score No Vet points) GS-7
                      TSL: Received 09/15/2010--Submitted 09/29/2011
                      OB: 10/27/2010 Passed
                      PT1/Medical: 03/09/2011 Passed
                      TSL2(BI forms): Received 03/18/2011-Submitted 03/27/2011
                      Drug test: 04/05/2011
                      BI meeting: 5/11/2011
                      BI completed???
                      TSU???
                      EOD???

                      Comment


                      • in regards to getting lasik done while going through the process, is it the usual " 6 month " hold as in most departments to clear you?
                        Or am I better off getting it done sometime after the academy?

                        Comment


                        • I got my TO on Aug 31st! I had an 89- no veteran's points. I have heard that my CBPO background and medical will transfer over but both have expired. The background is extended by rerunning the FCRA credit check. Will that make my Agent background valid also or will they see it as expired? Also, for those of you farther in the process- how much time was it between getting you TO and the scheduling of your PFT 1? I gotta hit the gym!!
                          TSU- 07/14/09
                          location- Minneapolis

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by gunslash View Post
                            in regards to getting lasik done while going through the process, is it the usual " 6 month " hold as in most departments to clear you?
                            Or am I better off getting it done sometime after the academy?
                            Is your uncorrected vision good enough to qualify? If it is than I wouldn't get lasik until after you are done with the process. If you require Lasik to meet the vision requirement than you will have to do it now in order to meet the medical qualifications. I got mine done when I was going through the CBPO process about a month before they scheduled my medical exam. I failed the medical because of my surgery date but once I hit the 3 month required recovery length I was able to submit my corrected vision and approved my medical about 2 1/2 months after my scheduled physical. I had to get the new vision exam on my own dime but it didn't slow me down too much I suppose.
                            Hoping to make the move from one capital to another

                            Comment


                            • Hi all! First off, to those who have received TO's, congrats! Secondly, would it be possible to list all the necessary documents that are required?! Figured it would give us hopeful's (with low test scores) a chance to quickly turnaround the paper work. I scored a 79 , but I'm still optimistic on receiving a TO soon!!! Thanks, everyone!
                              Last edited by BPA n 2011; 09-02-2010, 06:01 AM.
                              BPA - SW
                              App - 7/15/10 | Exam - 8/18/10 | NOR - 8/25/10 | TO - 9/10/10 | TO (2) - 10/1/10 | OB - 10/13/10 - Passed! | Med/PFT1 - 11/5/10 - Passed! | Drug Screening - 2/9/11 | Background - 4/26/11 / 5/5/11 - Initial Contact / Met Investigator | Polygraph - 9/2/11 - Informed by examiner of passing...pending IA approval

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by GeauxForthTiger View Post
                                Is your uncorrected vision good enough to qualify? If it is than I wouldn't get lasik until after you are done with the process. If you require Lasik to meet the vision requirement than you will have to do it now in order to meet the medical qualifications. I got mine done when I was going through the CBPO process about a month before they scheduled my medical exam. I failed the medical because of my surgery date but once I hit the 3 month required recovery length I was able to submit my corrected vision and approved my medical about 2 1/2 months after my scheduled physical. I had to get the new vision exam on my own dime but it didn't slow me down too much I suppose.
                                Thank You!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7814 users online. 407 members and 7407 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X