300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
    Do BPAs have to spend anytime in court? Currently, I spend a lot of my off time court due to my activity and my departments in ability to allow court to be scheduled on a daylight rotation. I've never seen it mentioned in this or any other forum before.
    You will have to spend some time there, probably not nearly as much as at your current job. Prosecuting for illegal entry-or illegal reentry after deportation is very cut and dry, and Agents almost never have to testify on those cases. You may have to testify on alien or drug smuggling cases. The thing about it is, AUSAs decline a lot of our cases and try to only accept prosecution on "slam-dunk" cases. As frustrating as that is, the upside is that the cases that they do accept are usually pretty strong and the defendants usually plea out. In some areas the locals will prosecute a lot of the smaller drug loads that the Feds will not go on. If that is the case, you may have to testify in state court as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
      So here's a question I haven't seen asked or answered yet in this forum. To all the guys on here that are already BP agents or officers within BP.. Are there any female BP field agents? I watched the 5 or so episodes of Border Wars on hulu that were broadcast on the National Geographic channel and I don't think I saw a single woman in the field in any of the episodes. I know its just a tv show, and its edited a certain way, but despite that, I didn't see a single woman in uniform out in the boonies with the guys looking for aliens or drugs. Are there women who work in the field or do they play more of an administrative role back at the base? If they mainly have administrative roles, is that by their own choosing, ie. they don't want to be out in the field alone at night or because HQ doesn't think its a good idea to have women working in the field?

By contrast, in the Homeland Security series about CBP, there was about an even mix of male and female officers being followed around with cameras.

When I took the CBP test, the room was about 50/50 men/women, but for the BP test it was about 75/25 men/women. Anyone else notice this?
      There are women ion the Patrol, there just aren't a large number of them. They work in the field just like everybody else though.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• and good luck getting the FBI to take an Assault on a federal agent case. If some of the thing that I've seen get done to BP agents happened to FBI agents, they'd be prosecuted without question.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Just curious, the guys who got T.O.'s recently, what are you scoring?

Comment

• Just got my offer too. Tested on the 18th in El Paso, TX. Yep right next to murderland

Comment

• I scored a 100

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                    Just curious, the guys who got T.O.'s recently, what are you scoring?
                    Just got my TO today (WOOT!), scored a 92 without any veteran points.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                      I will testify to that.
                      A lot of it has to do with plain ol' fiscal responsibility. The US Attorney's Office has to consider the current and expected queue of prosecutable cases. Does it make sense for them to spend XXX manpower for XXX hours at a cost of $20,000 to prosecute one smuggler who had 150 pounds of dope and didn't endanger the public or a LEO so that said smuggler can spend 2 years in jail? In middle America, that case would be a no brainer but along the border its not just about picking the slam dunk cases but looking to fry the bigger fish, too.
                      FBI CI 1811:
                      June 2007: Applied
                      July 2007: Phase I
                      October 2010: Phase II
                      March 2011: PFT, PSI, Polygraph, Medical
                      April 2011: BI, Spouse Interview

Critical Skills: accounting & FLEO

Comment

• Yeah.. bigger fish... like the two homeless guys we prosecuted last year who celebrated when they found out they would have a warm home for winter.

Comment

• Written test in 8 hours... I guess I should get some sleep huh...
                          I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

Comment

• Has anyone that tested on the 20th or after get a TO or is it just the first week wave of testers that got them?
                            USBP
                            Written Exam: 8-20-2010
                            NOR: 8-25-2010 (93)
                            TO: 9-10-2010
                            PFT1/Medical: 11-9-2010
                            OB: 11-28-2010
                            Drug Test: 2-2-2011
                            BI Interview: 4-19-2011
                            The call: 7-8-11 (Douglas, Az)
                            EOD: 7-28-11

CBP
                            TO: 6-15-2011
                            PFT1: 7-8-2011

Comment

• I see that a lot of you are also in the USMS process. Rumor has it that there is going to be another hiring drive this fall, anyone know if there is some truth to that?

Comment

• Hello all I'm new to this site but have a question for anybody that might know. I received my TO yesterday and plan on going through with the process. The problem is that I am red/green deficient and will fail the stupid plate tests that they give you. I saw my physician today and passed the Farnsworth Dichotomous-15 test with a 100%. Will CBP accept this test and grant me a waiver for it? If not, is there any test that they will acknowledge? I can see colors fine I just can't pass the Ishihara test. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10865 users online. 508 members and 10357 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X