Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my tentative selection letter for BPA. Tested on Aug. 16th. Applied for first time ever on July 14th.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
      Just got my tentative selection letter for BPA. Tested on Aug. 16th. Applied for first time ever on July 14th.
      Congrats! Good luck to you
      Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• Originally posted by geormar View Post
        Did you guys test in this announcement or had a prior score?
        Also tested 2 weeks ago. This is my first time applying for BP. I took the Spanish test rather then the AL test. Not sure if being fluent helped getting the TO but I'm happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjlash View Post
          Anyone from MI (Detroit area) testing in October?
          I'm taking it on October 8th...a friend of mine (and coworker) is taking it on the same day...
          Originally posted by RSGSRT
          We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
          Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

• Congrats to all of you who got your TO already. I'm taking the test on Friday, hopefully I'll join your ranks soon after that. :P
            CBP written test Miami, FL
            11/10/2007
            NOR letter 01/16/2008
            VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
            Forms 6/2/2009 completed
            Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
            9/4/2009
            Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
            drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
            TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
            never got first)
            qualifications completed
            BI interview 9/30/2009
            BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
            poly: Mar 2011
            updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
            BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• So here's a question I haven't seen asked or answered yet in this forum. To all the guys on here that are already BP agents or officers within BP.. Are there any female BP field agents? I watched the 5 or so episodes of Border Wars on hulu that were broadcast on the National Geographic channel and I don't think I saw a single woman in the field in any of the episodes. I know its just a tv show, and its edited a certain way, but despite that, I didn't see a single woman in uniform out in the boonies with the guys looking for aliens or drugs. Are there women who work in the field or do they play more of an administrative role back at the base? If they mainly have administrative roles, is that by their own choosing, ie. they don't want to be out in the field alone at night or because HQ doesn't think its a good idea to have women working in the field?

By contrast, in the Homeland Security series about CBP, there was about an even mix of male and female officers being followed around with cameras.

When I took the CBP test, the room was about 50/50 men/women, but for the BP test it was about 75/25 men/women. Anyone else notice this?
              CBP written test Miami, FL
              11/10/2007
              NOR letter 01/16/2008
              VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
              Forms 6/2/2009 completed
              Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
              9/4/2009
              Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
              drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
              TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
              never got first)
              qualifications completed
              BI interview 9/30/2009
              BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
              poly: Mar 2011
              updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
              BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• I took the test today! The good news is I wouldn't be suprised if I passed, the bad news is I wouldn't be suprised if I failed! I guess I will just have to wait and see. I ran out of time on the logical reasoning, I had 8 to 10 questions left when the 10 minute buzzer went off.

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                  So here's a question I haven't seen asked or answered yet in this forum. To all the guys on here that are already BP agents or officers within BP.. Are there any female BP field agents? I watched the 5 or so episodes of Border Wars on hulu that were broadcast on the National Geographic channel and I don't think I saw a single woman in the field in any of the episodes. I know its just a tv show, and its edited a certain way, but despite that, I didn't see a single woman in uniform out in the boonies with the guys looking for aliens or drugs. Are there women who work in the field or do they play more of an administrative role back at the base? If they mainly have administrative roles, is that by their own choosing, ie. they don't want to be out in the field alone at night or because HQ doesn't think its a good idea to have women working in the field?

By contrast, in the Homeland Security series about CBP, there was about an even mix of male and female officers being followed around with cameras.

When I took the CBP test, the room was about 50/50 men/women, but for the BP test it was about 75/25 men/women. Anyone else notice this?
                  Uh, well, as a female (and only one of two when I took the BPA Exam), I highly doubt there are no females out there. There's no way females can't be out in the field or that any government agency would suggest women not go out in the field. It's just a tv show, one who's audience is primarily men.
                  Border Patrol Agent (SWB)
                  Applied: 7/14/10
                  Exam: 8/18/10
                  Exam Results: 8/24/10 (99 w/o Vet. Points)
                  TSL 1: 9/10/10
                  TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/1/10
                  Medical/PFT1: 10/15/10
                  Oral Board: 10/26/10 (Passed)
                  Drug Test: 2/3/11
                  B.I. Interview: 3/30/11
                  TSU: 7/21/11
                  Final Offer: 7/22/11 (Naco, AZ)
                  EOD: 8/15/11
                  Academy: 8/22/11

Comment

• Originally posted by BF280 View Post
                    I took the test today! The good news is I wouldn't be suprised if I passed, the bad news is I wouldn't be suprised if I failed! I guess I will just have to wait and see. I ran out of time on the logical reasoning, I had 8 to 10 questions left when the 10 minute buzzer went off.
                    I took the test today and felt the same way. I didn't run out of time but the ALT Language test was difficutl I thought! We should know by the end of the week how we did
                    BPA -
                    Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                    TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• There are females working out in the field... there just aren't a lot of them. As an example, I had three female classmates at the academy out of fifty. There are a handful of females at my station. They work traffic just like everyone else.

Comment

• Got my TO and all my preemployment forms via email today. Packet included my applicant ID number. Plugged it into CASS for the hell of it and saw a big green check next to background investigation
                        "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by geormar View Post
                          Did you guys test in this announcement or had a prior score?
                          No, I tested on the 17th of August. The announcement did say that those who tested before the 31st of August were gonna be processed quickly.

Comment

• Ok, well I just mailed my packet off. (Yes I only received it 4 hours ago)

Since I have been through dozens of hiring processes, I have copies of every piece of info that was needed just laying around. I printed off and signed all the forms, and hit the post office around 3:45pm.
                            What is Perseverance?
                            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                              Ok, well I just mailed my packet off. (Yes I only received it 4 hours ago)

Since I have been through dozens of hiring processes, I have copies of every piece of info that was needed just laying around. I printed off and signed all the forms, and hit the post office around 3:45pm.
                              Just got my packet today and am mailing it off as well! Good thing I had scanned copies of my transcripts saved on my computer! They're moving fast with this process.

Comment

• Just got back from the post office. I made sure to send my packet by certified mail.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8952 users online. 485 members and 8467 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X