Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by madchiken View Post
    CBP has been doing them for at least five years. OPM only does the national agency checks, if anything, the rest of the file never goes to anyone at OPM.
    How "quick" can they turn around a background? I know it varies by person, but what are the timelines?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
      How "quick" can they turn around a background? I know it varies by person, but what are the timelines?
      Feel free to read the past 85 pages to find out... I don't know. Mine was 20 days from interview to cleared. Some applicants have to wait several years for theirs to clear.

      Comment


      • Do BPAs have to spend anytime in court? Currently, I spend a lot of my off time court due to my activity and my departments in ability to allow court to be scheduled on a daylight rotation. I've never seen it mentioned in this or any other forum before.
        BPA -
        Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
        TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

        Comment


        • Originally posted by DaShwstoppahbk View Post
          just curious.....how long is the BPA exam.....does it really take 4 hours and 35 min as stated in the email.....or do most finish before that?....just trying to plan my day around the test b/c I work later in the day and take the test at 9am
          I was there for about 5 hours. The lady doing the tests gave us a lot of breaks so she could go smoke, lol. The only two people to leave early were the ones who took the Spanish language test, as they got it done in like fifteen minutes and moved on to the final section, which doesn't take that long, either. Clear your schedule.
          Border Patrol Agent (SWB)
          Applied: 7/14/10
          Exam: 8/18/10
          Exam Results: 8/24/10 (99 w/o Vet. Points)
          TSL 1: 9/10/10
          TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/1/10
          Medical/PFT1: 10/15/10
          Oral Board: 10/26/10 (Passed)
          Drug Test: 2/3/11
          B.I. Interview: 3/30/11
          TSU: 7/21/11
          Final Offer: 7/22/11 (Naco, AZ)
          EOD: 8/15/11
          Academy: 8/22/11

          Comment


          • Also, thanks everyone for the clarity on the background check.
            Border Patrol Agent (SWB)
            Applied: 7/14/10
            Exam: 8/18/10
            Exam Results: 8/24/10 (99 w/o Vet. Points)
            TSL 1: 9/10/10
            TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/1/10
            Medical/PFT1: 10/15/10
            Oral Board: 10/26/10 (Passed)
            Drug Test: 2/3/11
            B.I. Interview: 3/30/11
            TSU: 7/21/11
            Final Offer: 7/22/11 (Naco, AZ)
            EOD: 8/15/11
            Academy: 8/22/11

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
              Do BPAs have to spend anytime in court? Currently, I spend a lot of my off time court due to my activity and my departments in ability to allow court to be scheduled on a daylight rotation. I've never seen it mentioned in this or any other forum before.
              It really depends on your assignment/detail. If you are a typical line agent, then no, you wont be in court a lot. If you are part of a unit that works cases and prosecutes criminals then you might be in court a little more. However, its nothing compared to what I imagine a Highway Patrol Cop or Local Cop might experience.

              Comment


              • ..................
                Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:52 PM.

                Comment


                • Anyone from MI (Detroit area) testing in October?

                  Comment


                  • I have a question and im new to this thread. I just graduated from with a B.A. in International and Global Studies but I have no previous relevant work experience. I am hispanic and speak spanish on a native level and I also have working knowledge of portuguese. I believe I qualify for a GS-7 because of my academics but im not too sure about that. I thought I had a shot at a few agencies that were hiring in south florida but I got shot down from those. Realistically, what are the odd's that I can get a job as a BP Agent?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by peterhug View Post
                      I have a question and im new to this thread. I just graduated from with a B.A. in International and Global Studies but I have no previous relevant work experience. I am hispanic and speak spanish on a native level and I also have working knowledge of portuguese. I believe I qualify for a GS-7 because of my academics but im not too sure about that. I thought I had a shot at a few agencies that were hiring in south florida but I got shot down from those. Realistically, what are the odd's that I can get a job as a BP Agent?
                      Apply, take the test, and find out, that is the only way you will know for sure.
                      What is Perseverance?
                      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.


                      BOP - BPA - ICE

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by peterhug View Post
                        I have a question and im new to this thread. I just graduated from with a B.A. in International and Global Studies but I have no previous relevant work experience. I am hispanic and speak spanish on a native level and I also have working knowledge of portuguese. I believe I qualify for a GS-7 because of my academics but im not too sure about that. I thought I had a shot at a few agencies that were hiring in south florida but I got shot down from those. Realistically, what are the odd's that I can get a job as a BP Agent?
                        Read the announcement and figure out if you qualify. Also realize that you will be no where near FL for a long long time.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by peterhug View Post
                          I have a question and im new to this thread. I just graduated from with a B.A. in International and Global Studies but I have no previous relevant work experience. I am hispanic and speak spanish on a native level and I also have working knowledge of portuguese. I believe I qualify for a GS-7 because of my academics but im not too sure about that. I thought I had a shot at a few agencies that were hiring in south florida but I got shot down from those. Realistically, what are the odd's that I can get a job as a BP Agent?
                          Yeah, sign up and take the test. If you have no prior LE or relevant experience, but had good grades during your academic career you'll probably qualify for GS-7. My gpa was better in community college than at the University (was in an honor society in community college) and I qualified for GS-7 with CBP. If you don't qualify as a 7 but as a 5, you should be bumped up to a 7 within a year or two.
                          CBP written test Miami, FL
                          11/10/2007
                          NOR letter 01/16/2008
                          VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                          Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                          Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                          9/4/2009
                          Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                          drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                          TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                          never got first)
                          qualifications completed
                          BI interview 9/30/2009
                          BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                          poly: Mar 2011
                          updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                          BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                            Yeah, sign up and take the test. If you have no prior LE or relevant experience, but had good grades during your academic career you'll probably qualify for GS-7. My gpa was better in community college than at the University (was in an honor society in community college) and I qualified for GS-7 with CBP. If you don't qualify as a 7 but as a 5, you should be bumped up to a 7 within a year or two.
                            I just received the Tentative Offer about an hour ago via email. It sure seems like they are gonna move quickly in this process.

                            Comment


                            • Just got my Tentative Selection Letter and Pre-employment forms via email.

                              Comment


                              • Did you guys test in this announcement or had a prior score?
                                USBP
                                Written Exam: 8-20-2010
                                NOR: 8-25-2010 (93)
                                TO: 9-10-2010
                                PFT1/Medical: 11-9-2010
                                OB: 11-28-2010
                                Drug Test: 2-2-2011
                                BI Interview: 4-19-2011
                                The call: 7-8-11 (Douglas, Az)
                                EOD: 7-28-11

                                CBP
                                TO: 6-15-2011
                                PFT1: 7-8-2011

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10227 users online. 406 members and 9821 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X