300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dajob View Post
    Gosh JARHEAD old buddy you told me I would be the first to know when you got hired and I have not heard from you. I cannot imagine with all the qualifications you always tell me you have what is taking years for you to be hired. If I had your address I would have sent you something from my recent stint at FLETC . How many years ago did this start ? I think you sent me an email over a year and half ago ? Don`t be a stranger and I will be glad to help you with your reseume.
    Sir. please don't take your moronic, misspelled, poorly written idiocy to the hiring thread for my agency. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPat View Post
      The honest answer is that most (if not all) working BPAs won't know the answer.... from my understanding, they just went on test scores.. but my knowledge of the hiring process is limited. Just make sure you articulate your experience well... you should be able to start as a gs-9. Just rememeber that on certain other places (i.e. Honorfirst.com), some of the most prolific posters(like a certain "thuggish" one), may give the worst/least accurate info. The truth is that during the last hiring push, any score that was passing would get a job offer. That has changed now. Despite that, I think that 84 should be a competitive score.

I hope that helps....
      PAT that does help. Thanks for the information... and I know exactly who your talking about.

If I was ever in charge of hiring for an agency...I would push those with LEO backgrounds, clearances, military and government employees to the front provided they have a clearance, or 7-10 year background done. Assuming they had passed all stages of hiring I would do an update on there background, order their last evaluation, and make sure they are not leaving due to some disciplinary action. It would take a day or two. And poof you have yourself a qualified candidate. Save the government millions of dollars and the agency. But thats just me.

I know we had guys leave my agency for FAMS and this was done to some extent. Any chance Border Patrol expedites backgrounds this way? Im not in a rush by any means and perfectly content going through the whole process just like anyone else. Im not owed or entitled because Im already in the government.
      Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
        I don't think so unless you already work for CBP, though it would be nice if they used our current security clearances, especially since mine cleared back in April, so it is pretty recent.
        Nope not CBP. Wishful thinking for us already in. I thought If I got into the government it was an easy route to anywhere else I wanted to go. Boy was I wrong!
        Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• I wouldn't dwell on it guys. It will come soon enough. Think of it as a grand opportunity to get ready for the two incoming PFTs and the academy more.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
            I don't think so unless you already work for CBP, though it would be nice if they used our current security clearances, especially since mine cleared back in April, so it is pretty recent.
            I just had my background cleared in June from the USMS hiring process. Are you saying that they will do another one and not use the one just conducted?
            Border Patrol Agent (SWB)
            Applied: 7/14/10
            Exam: 8/18/10
            Exam Results: 8/24/10 (99 w/o Vet. Points)
            TSL 1: 9/10/10
            TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/1/10
            Medical/PFT1: 10/15/10
            Oral Board: 10/26/10 (Passed)
            Drug Test: 2/3/11
            B.I. Interview: 3/30/11
            TSU: 7/21/11
            Final Offer: 7/22/11 (Naco, AZ)
            EOD: 8/15/11
            Academy: 8/22/11

Comment

• Originally posted by SAAS13 View Post
              I just had my background cleared in June from the USMS hiring process. Are you saying that they will do another one and not use the one just conducted?

Yes they will. For USMS Department of Justice does you background and for BPA Department of Homeland Security will do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ee78 View Post
                Yes they will. For USMS Department of Justice does you background and for BPA Department of Homeland Security will do it.
                Incorrect. OPM will perform the background investigations with the specific requirements of each federal agency. You submit your paperwork (i.e. SF-86) to the agency you are applying for and in turn the agency turns over the paperwork to OPM to start your investigation.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeltaFox2 View Post
                  Incorrect. OPM will perform the background investigations with the specific requirements of each federal agency. You submit your paperwork (i.e. SF-86) to the agency you are applying for and in turn the agency turns over the paperwork to OPM to start your investigation.
                  Negative. CBP IA oversees all the BIs for the Patrol. CBP doesn't use OPM investigators.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                    Negative. CBP IA oversees all the BIs for the Patrol. CBP doesn't use OPM investigators.
                    My background investigation for the Border Patrol was done by OPM investigators. I know this as fact knowing OPM investigators firsthand. CBP IA may have just started doing the investigations recently.

Comment

• just curious.....how long is the BPA exam.....does it really take 4 hours and 35 min as stated in the email.....or do most finish before that?....just trying to plan my day around the test b/c I work later in the day and take the test at 9am

Comment

• Originally posted by DeltaFox2 View Post
                        My background investigation for the Border Patrol was done by OPM investigators. I know this as fact knowing OPM investigators firsthand. CBP IA may have just started doing the investigations recently.
                        CBP has been doing them for at least five years. OPM only does the national agency checks, if anything, the rest of the file never goes to anyone at OPM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cnublue18 View Post
                          Nope not CBP. Wishful thinking for us already in. I thought If I got into the government it was an easy route to anywhere else I wanted to go. Boy was I wrong!
                          Well the good news is that

1. The clock is stopped for us meaning we can apply for these jobs until we turn 57
                          2. We are already accumulating annual leave and sick leave, so when we switch agencies, we won't have to start from scratch like the other rookies
                          3. We already know a lot of the ups and downs of federal work and have already been to fletc, so we know more of what to expect
                          4. We have experience that might help us get selected faster than some other candidates without comparable experience
                          5. Even if we don't land the job, we still have our current job

Originally posted by SAAS13 View Post
                          Yes they will. My background was done by OPM, and I work for the DOJ, and I know DHS likes to do their own backgrounds. Besides, they might need a different level of clearance for that job compared to the one I have at my current job or the one you applied for.
                          What is Perseverance?
                          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• When I took it, I was there for over 5 hours. They don't let you leave early since the test is broken up into 3 individually timed sections. Id plan for atleast 5 - 5.5 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShwstoppahbk View Post
                              just curious.....how long is the BPA exam.....does it really take 4 hours and 35 min as stated in the email.....or do most finish before that?....just trying to plan my day around the test b/c I work later in the day and take the test at 9am
                              When I took it, I was there for over 5 hours. They don't let you leave early since the test is broken up into 3 individually timed sections. Id plan for atleast 5 - 5.5 hours.

Comment

• When I took it I was out in 3 hours.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13005 users online. 490 members and 12515 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X