300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BORSTARSDbuff View Post
    Ranger175, the Oral Board generally comes first but I already did mine 2 years ago which is why I'm doing my medical so soon. I'm hoping that since I have more of the process out of the way, I'll good to go a lot faster.

PS- Were you one of the Beach Boys at HAAF?
    I was a Beach Boy from 1999-2006, Who were you with?
    BPA -
    Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
    TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
      For the guys applying; give up your dreams of going to San Diego. Some people get it, but there are very few, especially now because the border is under control from Imperial Beach to Yuma.

Before you apply you should be willing to move to places like El Centro, Nogales, Douglas, Laredo, and Eagle Pass. These are the types of places MOST agents are being sent.
      I'd bet that probably 1/2 of the people applying only want to work as a BPA on the SWB if they get San Diego. I asked my fellow test takers when I tested and almost all of them said just that.
      What is Perseverance?
      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
        For the guys applying; give up your dreams of going to San Diego. Some people get it, but there are very few, especially now because the border is under control from Imperial Beach to Yuma.
        Where did you hear that crock of ****?

Comment

• In the eyes of policy makers it is. Whom, as we all know, are the ones who matter when it comes to allocating resources. They consider the border secure enough between those two points. Is it impenitrable? no, but it never will be either.

Part of it also has to do with the difference in traffic east of Yuma compared to what is west.
          Last edited by o2force; 08-26-2010, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• What GEO will get me hired quicker?

Just a quick question... If I really wanted to up my chances of getting hired by BP, what geo should I test for? California, Arizona, New Mexico, or Texas? My guess is Texas then maybe Arizona, New Mexico, and California from mosted wanted to least?! Either way, give me some input if you don't mind. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
              Where did you hear that crock of ****?
              Yuma sector is under control. I don't know about El Centro sector and parts of San Diego though.

Comment

• Anyone that tested recently and received their NOR get a tenative offer yet?

Comment

• Still waiting for the TO. I think it will take about a month. There is a guy here who used his old score and received the NOR the day after applying. And I believe he got the tentative offer just under a month later.

Comment

• got my score 84 no vet points. The logical reasoning was tough for me. Been out of school for a while and Im a very bad tester. Just glad I passed. So Im assuming they go through test scores..starting with top scores and work on down? Does being a current FEDLEO help speed up the process (ie experience,poly,clearance)? or should I get ready to standby to standby..this is going to be a long one!?!

Good luck to everyone!
                    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• Im just hopeing BPA doesnt take as long as CBPO has. 13 months and counting in TSU!! I am willing to take the position anywhere but put San Diego as my prefrence cause I love the ocean. Will that hurt my chances if they are looking to hire elsewhere? Like I said I will take anywhere. They should have a anywhere choice as a location preference
                      TSU- 07/14/09
                      location- Minneapolis

Comment

• I took the written on 8/17 and got my NOR's on 8/20. Was it that quick for everyone else? On another note, I'm ****ed off because I scored a 90. On the IEA, I got a 99, and the tests seemed the same for me.

Comment

• Since they are hiring a 1000 to 1500 of the bat those that test in August will move quicker. Then you have those they will hire do to attrition and and the baby boomers retiring.

Comment

• Originally posted by cnublue18 View Post
                            Does being a current FEDLEO help speed up the process (ie experience,poly,clearance)? or should I get ready to standby to standby..this is going to be a long one!?!
                            I don't think so unless you already work for CBP, though it would be nice if they used our current security clearances, especially since mine cleared back in April, so it is pretty recent.
                            What is Perseverance?
                            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by ee78 View Post
                              Since they are hiring a 1000 to 1500 of the bat those that test in August will move quicker. Then you have those they will hire do to attrition and and the baby boomers retiring.
                              I can't believe they didn't hit 100K apps yet. The posting is still up on USAJOBS. Here's to hoping 1500 slots!

Comment

• Originally posted by cnublue18 View Post
                                got my score 84 no vet points. The logical reasoning was tough for me. Been out of school for a while and Im a very bad tester. Just glad I passed. So Im assuming they go through test scores..starting with top scores and work on down? Does being a current FEDLEO help speed up the process (ie experience,poly,clearance)? or should I get ready to standby to standby..this is going to be a long one!?!

Good luck to everyone!
                                The honest answer is that most (if not all) working BPAs won't know the answer.... from my understanding, they just went on test scores.. but my knowledge of the hiring process is limited. Just make sure you articulate your experience well... you should be able to start as a gs-9. Just rememeber that on certain other places (i.e. Honorfirst.com), some of the most prolific posters(like a certain "thuggish" one), may give the worst/least accurate info. The truth is that during the last hiring push, any score that was passing would get a job offer. That has changed now. Despite that, I think that 84 should be a competitive score.

I hope that helps....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10658 users online. 399 members and 10259 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X