300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jesus981 View Post
    hey guys this is my first week at the station, i love the job and everything but my wife still does not want to move to San Diego. I been thinking of resigning especially because i have a baby on the way, but i do not know if this decision will affect my ability to get hired in law enforcement at another federal or state agency.
    hmmm.... Jersey or San Diego???? take San Diego!!!!
    FCPA Class #36

Comment

• Just scored a 99 on the entrance exam (Including 5 veterans points). Does anyone know how soon an "early hire" might be as they're advertising? My roommates a BP agent and he said he wasn't sure how early they meant. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ee78 View Post
        What? Can you be more specific? Do not understand what you are trying to say.
        Well. The feeling is mutual. As I wasn't replying to you, I'm not sure what you're looking for.

Comment

hey guys this is my first week at the station, i love the job and everything but my wife still does not want to move to San Diego. I been thinking of resigning especially because i have a baby on the way, but i do not know if this decision will affect my ability to get hired in law enforcement at another federal or state agency.
          Talk to your FTO. Talk to your Chaplain. Get in touch with EAP. Talk to your classmates. Most importantly, talk to your wife. You're not going to find a miracle solution on the internet.

Stay safe, little Brother.

Comment

• Originally posted by gun_slinger View Post
            Just scored a 99 on the entrance exam (Including 5 veterans points). Does anyone know how soon an "early hire" might be as they're advertising? My roommates a BP agent and he said he wasn't sure how early they meant. Thanks.
            No one is going to know what it means. Lately each hiring announcement is different from the last.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
              You made it all the way through the academy knowing you were going to be stationed in San Diego, and now are resigning because of that? Or did you just EOD? Thats going to look bad to any other agency that bothers to look into why you resigned if you've already gone through the academy. They're going to say that it shows a lack of planning. You might be able to mask it by claiming that you resigned due to unavoidable family constraints.
              Does it matter if one resigns while at the academy vs. once one has completed the academy for future employment opportunities? I'd think the former would be worse?

Comment

• Originally posted by Northern10 View Post
                Does it matter if one resigns while at the academy vs. once one has completed the academy for future employment opportunities? I'd think the former would be worse?
                I think barring severe family or health conditions, it looks bad overall. This is an expensive hiring process, where they invest tens of thousands of tax dollars from initial application to academy graduation. A highly selective process and you made it to the end, only to leave. I can't imagine leaving an agency without the two aforementioned reasons, especially in this economy.
                Last edited by avalon42; 08-25-2010, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Dude, San Diego is way better living than Jersey City. Tell her she'll love it and your kids won't have to grow up with that hideous East Coast accent. You also have the beach, lakes and mountains all near by. There's everything in Southern California including the best weather in the planet.

Comment

• I'm New England to the core, but I must say that I am pretty excited by the prospect of moving to San Diego for all the aforementioned reasons.
                      "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• I love San Diego! I was at Camp Pendleton for a while back in my younger days. Great city, and even better weather. The only negative I can think of with San Diego is the cost of living...but you can mitigate that by living out in the county. My wife didn't like San Diego either until she actually got there...then she loved it.
                        Big Brother is watching

Comment

• Its a tough transition to move across the country, especially with a new baby and being away from home.

Don't do anything and give it some time or you will have resentment on both sides. Everything will work out, there is plenty of stress for you and her so give it some time and let cooler heads prevail.

Tell her to move out there when she is ready with the hope of getting something back east moving forward. You can't quit a job in this economy unless if you have something better lined up, its the responsible thing for your new baby on the way.

Stay safe, pray, and relax...don't do anything insane and run home...you will regret it/her for life.

Originally posted by jesus981 View Post

Comment

• Hey everyone,

I received my NOR yesterday, 99 with no veteran points. Good luck to everyone else still waiting to take the test! I'm excited to be in the process with you all.
                            Border Patrol Agent (SWB)
                            Applied: 7/14/10
                            Exam: 8/18/10
                            Exam Results: 8/24/10 (99 w/o Vet. Points)
                            TSL 1: 9/10/10
                            TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/1/10
                            Medical/PFT1: 10/15/10
                            Oral Board: 10/26/10 (Passed)
                            Drug Test: 2/3/11
                            B.I. Interview: 3/30/11
                            TSU: 7/21/11
                            Final Offer: 7/22/11 (Naco, AZ)
                            EOD: 8/15/11
                            Academy: 8/22/11

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarhead_FBI_SA View Post
                              Yeah, I had 5 vet points...so I guess I made a 92 without them.

Yeah, I suppose I've given up on the USSS. The hostile interrogation I got after my second polygraph didn't give me the warm and fuzzy. Oh well. I reapplied to the FBI and got nominated for Phase II, and now I've passed the BPA test...so we'll see how that goes.

I still have no BQA from the USSS, but I'm not going to wait around on them.
                              Gosh JARHEAD old buddy you told me I would be the first to know when you got hired and I have not heard from you. I cannot imagine with all the qualifications you always tell me you have what is taking years for you to be hired. If I had your address I would have sent you something from my recent stint at FLETC . How many years ago did this start ? I think you sent me an email over a year and half ago ? Don`t be a stranger and I will be glad to help you with your reseume.

Comment

• Just a word of advice for you guys. As stated previously, I recieved my appointment for my Physical/PFT1 the other day. It's coming faster than you think. My recommendation is to go to your Physician and get a full physical 5 minutes ago. That way if there are any issues you will know and can take corrective steps now. Go to the CBP website and download the MP3 for the fitness test. Put it on your iPod and go to the gym. During the day my gym is pretty quiet so they let me have an aerobics room to myself for 20 minutes to self administer the test. Do it everyday! It's not hard but it can still be a total kick to the balls if you aren't ready for it. With that said. Go to your local high school and start running the 1.5 miler and practicing the sprint. Also do some distance running in the 3-4 mile neighborhood. If you have been doing your research, you should know the runs are going to be about there and you have to take account for the altitude. Get ready now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10691 users online. 364 members and 10327 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X