Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ...................
    Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:55 PM.

    Comment


    • Remember the final 1.5 miler on the PTT? Rounding the curve and getting hit with a fresh gust of oil refined wind? Mmmmmmm...
      FBI CI 1811:
      June 2007: Applied
      July 2007: Phase I
      October 2010: Phase II
      March 2011: PFT, PSI, Polygraph, Medical
      April 2011: BI, Spouse Interview

      Critical Skills: accounting & FLEO

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Future FedSA View Post
        You have to sign the answer booklet?
        I called the hiring center and left them a a voicemail to see what the hell I did wrong.
        Yep, our administrator first told us not to sign the booklet until we finished. After we finished the first 2 test he had us sign realizing we would probably run out after the 3rd test forgetting to sign. I know I would have. We were the first test group in the area so this was new for him too.

        Comment


        • Good luck everyone...I withdrew my name from consideration today.

          I just accepted an offer I can't refuse down in Tampa, FL.
          Big Brother is watching

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
            Yep, our administrator first told us not to sign the booklet until we finished. After we finished the first 2 test he had us sign realizing we would probably run out after the 3rd test forgetting to sign. I know I would have. We were the first test group in the area so this was new for him too.
            I dont recall myself signing anything........ I swear that if this was the reason I'm really going to cut my cojones off.

            Comment


            • Several people where I tested didn't either. The lady conducting the test was so old she didn't know anything. I asked when I turned my paperwork in if I needed to sign and she said oh yes. The people that had taken off before me didn't sign it.

              Comment


              • Watching Border Wars. Would it be ok to mention this during the oral board? I'd imagine so because it looks like CBP wants more exposure for better public perception on the border issue.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
                  Watching Border Wars. Would it be ok to mention this during the oral board? I'd imagine so because it looks like CBP wants more exposure for better public perception on the border issue.
                  If you have a question in regards to something you saw on the show, ask away. If they ask you what you know about the USBP or CBP, mention the show. Otherwise, your Oral Board members aren't going to be particularly interested in what you watch on TV.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Solohammer View Post
                    If you have a question in regards to something you saw on the show, ask away. If they ask you what you know about the USBP or CBP, mention the show. Otherwise, your Oral Board members aren't going to be particularly interested in what you watch on TV.
                    What? Can you be more specific? Do not understand what you are trying to say.

                    Comment


                    • hey guys this is my first week at the station, i love the job and everything but my wife still does not want to move to San Diego. I been thinking of resigning especially because i have a baby on the way, but i do not know if this decision will affect my ability to get hired in law enforcement at another federal or state agency.

                      Comment


                      • was there a section on the test where we put our email addresses?

                        because I don't remember doing so, and most people who tested on the 18th seem to have gotten their scores.
                        A

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Solohammer View Post
                          If you have a question in regards to something you saw on the show, ask away. If they ask you what you know about the USBP or CBP, mention the show. Otherwise, your Oral Board members aren't going to be particularly interested in what you watch on TV.
                          I hardly watch television, only educational programs like PBS, Discovery Channel, History Channel, and sometimes CNN (if you can call that unbiased news). I watched the show purposely because I want to know a bit more in depth of what CBP does, and how they do it. The show was more than an eye-opener, and I look forward to sitting in the brush late at night watching for smugglers, both human and narco (46s), and of course, UFOs. I bet Mulder started his LE career in CBP.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by tk90 View Post
                            was there a section on the test where we put our email addresses?

                            because I don't remember doing so, and most people who tested on the 18th seem to have gotten their scores.
                            A
                            I believe that's pulled from your USA Test Manager or CBP-HR profile. I wouldn't sweat it just yet.
                            Last edited by GatorFutureSA; 08-24-2010, 08:36 PM.
                            GatorFutureSA

                            DEA 1811 (June 2012):
                            Applied - 06/2012

                            FBI 1811 (August 2012):
                            Applied - 08/2012
                            Phase I - 09/2012
                            M & G - Pending

                            CBPO (Sept 2011):
                            Applied - 09/2011
                            Test - 09/2011 (Passed) - NOR 89
                            VBT/SI - 11/2011 (Passed)
                            Medical - 12/2011 (Cleared)
                            PFT1 - 12/2011 (Passed)
                            BI - 11/2011 (Pending - In Security Office)

                            ICE 1811 (June 2011):
                            Applied - 06/2011
                            Cancelled - 08/2012 -- sonofabitch!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jesus981 View Post
                              hey guys this is my first week at the station, i love the job and everything but my wife still does not want to move to San Diego. I been thinking of resigning especially because i have a baby on the way, but i do not know if this decision will affect my ability to get hired in law enforcement at another federal or state agency.
                              It seems like you went through the academy fast. Did you get to skip the extra 8 week spanish class? Since you are fresh out of the academy, what was the pt like? Meaning, about how many hours a day/week did you pt and what were the runs like? Was it harder/easier than you thought it would be? Thanks

                              Comment


                              • You made it all the way through the academy knowing you were going to be stationed in San Diego, and now are resigning because of that? Or did you just EOD? Thats going to look bad to any other agency that bothers to look into why you resigned if you've already gone through the academy. They're going to say that it shows a lack of planning. You might be able to mask it by claiming that you resigned due to unavoidable family constraints.
                                Last edited by Cyber_Saint; 08-24-2010, 11:28 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7802 users online. 193 members and 7609 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X