300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tsawille View Post
    Another question for those of you in or through academy. I would have to take the extra 8 weeks of spanish. That puts Academy around 7 months right? What do they do for Christmas and Thanksgiving? Can you leave and go home? How much time do you get off, if any? I would assume the trainers would want off to be with their families also
    No, the people that test out of Spanish are only there about 2 months. If you need to take the Spanish you are there about 4 months. You'll have weekends and holidays off, but that's it. For instance, Thanksgiving... You'll have the Thursday off but will be back in training on Friday before having the weekend off. You can leave on the holidays/weekends... You just have to submit a memo to your instructor as to where you are going if it is outside of the immediate area. When I was in the academy I flew home twice during three-day holiday weekends (Veterans Day and Columbus Day).

Comment

• Originally posted by SDbpa View Post
      No, the people that test out of Spanish are only there about 2 months. If you need to take the Spanish you are there about 4 months. You'll have weekends and holidays off, but that's it. For instance, Thanksgiving... You'll have the Thursday off but will be back in training on Friday before having the weekend off. You can leave on the holidays/weekends... You just have to submit a memo to your instructor as to where you are going if it is outside of the immediate area. When I was in the academy I flew home twice during three-day holiday weekends (Veterans Day and Columbus Day).
      According to the BP announcement I believe the academy is 11 weeks and 8 weeks of Spanish training for the non speakers. So Spanish speakers get to report to their duty stations after 11 weeks.

When by brother went through the process 8 years ago he did 20 weeks in Charleston S.C.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
        Most people do fail the test. About 70% last time I heard so don't feel too bad about it.
        SHU,

So the 3rd section is really part of your score? I thought it was just to build a psychological profile, and the first two sections were the ones that were graded.

Comment

• The oral board comes before the medical. I did my oral board 2 years ago so I'm skipping that step.

Comment

• Just got my NOR: 94 (0 Vet Points). Time to wait.
            CBPO
            Written 08/08
            TO 02/09
            TSU 06/09
            BI Expired 04/10
            Polygraph 06/10--Passed
            Met with 2nd BI--07/10
            TSU 08/10

CBP BPA
            Written 08/10
            TO 09/10
            TSU 11/10
            THE CALL: 03/02/2011
            FLETC: 04/04/2011--06/20/2011

Comment

• Got my NOR today, 89 (0 vet points).

First time taking the test. Anyone know what the average score for those who have gotten a TO is? From people posting here I figure an 89 sucks and is not getting me anywhere.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Future FedSA View Post
                  Well, I just go my NOR in and it said that I failed the test. I don't even know how that's possible when I'm certain that I got most if not all the questions correct, plus I'm a native spanish speaker. I answered the psychologica questions as truthfully as possible!!!!

I'm in shock that I failed this test, I frankly can't believe it! I really feel like smashing something out of all the anger and frustration that I have.

I really don't know what to do with myself at this moment.

Relax and take a trip to Pinones, have some bacalaito with a cold Medalla. It could have been something as simple as forgetting to sign the answer booklet. Maybe you filled something out wrong automatically disqualifying your test. I know I almost screwed this up. As for passing each part, I’m pretty sure I failed the first part. I ran out of time and had to guess on at least 10 to 12 of the questions. Not to mention any others I may have missed. What saved my culo was the Spanish test and the character test. Because of this, I believe they take the average of the 3 scores.
                  Last edited by CZ_Kid; 08-23-2010, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• "Mandatory Completion of Basic Training: Soon after entering on duty, Border Patrol Agent interns are detailed to the U.S. Border Patrol Academy in Artesia, New Mexico for approximately 11 weeks of intensive instruction in immigration and nationality laws, law enforcement and Border Patrol-specific operations, drivers training, physical techniques, firearms, and other courses. Soon after arriving at the Academy, all students are tested in their language abilities. Those who score below an established benchmark are assigned to an additional 8-week Spanish class at the Border Patrol Academy which will extend their stay to 19 weeks, while the fluent Spanish speakers who successfully complete the 11-week program report back to their duty stations."

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                          If you start your academy on a wednesday and have a couple of holidays your likely going to be there for 20 weeks. I checked the calendar and in 2008 I spent 20 weeks there breathing diesel fumes and cow manure. That I know for a fact.
                          Any permanent damage?

Comment

• I'm supposed to take the test next Monday Aug 30th, I'm thinking about rescheduling to study more because I just don't feel very confident yet. Is it a bad idea to reschedule? Should I bite the bullet and go for it?

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                              Relax and take a trip to Pinones, have some bacalaito with a cold Medalla. It could have been something as simple as forgetting to sign the answer booklet. Maybe you filled something out wrong automatically disqualifying your test. I know I almost screwed this up. As for passing each part, I’m pretty sure I failed the first part. I ran out of time and had to guess on at least 10 to 12 of the questions. Not to mention any others I may have missed. What saved my culo was the Spanish test and the character test. Because of this, I believe they take the average of the 3 scores.
                              You have to sign the answer booklet?
                              I called the hiring center and left them a a voicemail to see what the hell I did wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by BF280 View Post
                                I'm supposed to take the test next Monday Aug 30th, I'm thinking about rescheduling to study more because I just don't feel very confident yet. Is it a bad idea to reschedule? Should I bite the bullet and go for it?
                                I was going to reschedule mine, but would have lost preference for early hiring consideration. Since you're past the 8/27 deadline, it's up to you. Just lock yourself in a room at your local library for about 4-5 hours. IT'll make sense. Also get a good night's rest. Me, I was so worked up over the test that I only slept 5 hours beforehand. No breakfast either, so after the logical reasoning portion, I had to get some sugar to get my brain back in gear for the ALT. I succumbed to one of those Rice Krispie Treats. Expensive though! $.98 in the federal building commissary.

So if I'm reading this right, the first 100k applications are accepted, but 60-70% will fail out the written. Since they know that some testtakers have failed the written already, do they re-open those slots?

Originally posted by Future FedSA View Post
                                You have to sign the answer booklet?
                                I called the hiring center and left them a a voicemail to see what the hell I did wrong.
                                Yup, the front of the answer booklet requires your signature.
                                Last edited by avalon42; 08-23-2010, 11:19 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7226 users online. 381 members and 6845 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X