Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Janet Napolitano on NPR right now!! 800-433-8850 or [email protected] to call or email the show.

Feed to Miami broadcast of it: http://live.friendsofwlrn.org
      Last edited by sandwichman; 08-23-2010, 10:09 AM.
      CBP written test Miami, FL
      11/10/2007
      NOR letter 01/16/2008
      VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
      Forms 6/2/2009 completed
      Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
      9/4/2009
      Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
      drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
      TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
      never got first)
      qualifications completed
      BI interview 9/30/2009
      BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
      poly: Mar 2011
      updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
      BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Hello ladies and gents. I am new on the BPA boards. I applied for the position 3 years ago but dropped it. I also applied for CBPO for Minneapolis and have been waiting in TSU for 13 months. I just reapplied for PA SW and reused my old test score of 89. I re-applied after the July 31st but since I used my old score my results are in before the cutoff. Any guesses on if I could be given the early consideration?
        Early Consideration: Early hiring consideration will be given to those applicants who complete the online registration process by July 31, 2010 and test by August 27, 2010.
        TSU- 07/14/09
        location- Minneapolis

Comment

• Yeah, I just need to find the "right" place...its not easy.

I am pretty far along with PA State and FBI so we shall see. I have some cousins who are BPAs and all like the job so I put my hat in the ring.
          Originally posted by cnublue18 View Post
          got mine tomorrow in columbia. UD your coming back to FEDLEO. Miss it?!?!

Comment

• My preferred location is California. If I am offered a position in another location can I turn it down without losing my spot in line or do you have to take whats offered or lose your whole application? If so, how many times can I turn it down?
            TSU- 07/14/09
            location- Minneapolis

Comment

• Originally posted by tsawille View Post
              My preferred location is California. If I am offered a position in another location can I turn it down without losing my spot in line or do you have to take whats offered or lose your whole application? If so, how many times can I turn it down?
              You have to take what's given to you. The recent announcement is for the entire Southwestern border. You can request California, but they may deploy you anywere.

Comment

• 134 pages, sorry couldn't read through them all!
                few quick questions:
                -How hasthe hiring process been for some for a border patrol position?
                -I'm currently a NYPD officer with 2.5 years ( 4.5yrs military too), how was the jump for some? My department is considered a "sinking ship", I don't want to abandon ship to jump to another sinking one...any advice in that regard?
                -I don't speak Spanish, but I speak fluent Russian, the Northern boder might have some use for me eh?

Thanks!

Comment

• Recieved my notification for my Medical/PFT1.... This is where I FUBAR'd the last time...Let's see what happens.

Comment

• Is that the order, TO then a medical/PFT1? Would the Oral board be next? Or is there no rational order to the process?
                    BPA -
                    Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                    TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Well, I just go my NOR in and it said that I failed the test. I don't even know how that's possible when I'm certain that I got most if not all the questions correct, plus I'm a native spanish speaker. I answered the psychologica questions as truthfully as possible!!!!

I'm in shock that I failed this test, I frankly can't believe it! I really feel like smashing something out of all the anger and frustration that I have.

I really don't know what to do with myself at this moment.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                            In this economy I think you will get the boot if you decline your offer.
                            I probably would take any spot I was just curious. If I can get out of Minnesota before another -40* winter that would be awesome!!
                            TSU- 07/14/09
                            location- Minneapolis

Comment

• Another question for those of you in or through academy. I would have to take the extra 8 weeks of spanish. That puts Academy around 7 months right? What do they do for Christmas and Thanksgiving? Can you leave and go home? How much time do you get off, if any? I would assume the trainers would want off to be with their families also
                              TSU- 07/14/09
                              location- Minneapolis

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                                Most people do fail the test. About 70% last time I heard so don't feel too bad about it.
                                If I were you I would email or call the hiring center to check if they made a mistake or what portion you failed. Because if you fail one of the portions you fail the hole thing dude.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12205 users online. 448 members and 11757 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X