300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
    Don't give up on USSS just yet. You never know. Good luck with FBI and BPA. At this I'm applying for anything and everything that opens up. You know, the shotgun method
    Yep that's the method I'm using. Damn the nor's came out fast. How fast do you think it'll be to get an offer? I know they go by score, I hope I'm good I got a 100.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Green View Post
      Former BPA, just put back in for it. Good luck to all those testing. The academy sucks....not looking forward to that again, lol.
      But it's the kinder, gentler academy! You don't have to worry about passing Spanish!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post

I heard that BPAs are finally getting their GS-12 at the end of the month. Has anyone heard if they are keeping AUO, or if they are switching to LEAP?
        We aree keeping AUO. A change to leap would require congressional legislation. The proposals to go to LEAP that have been floated are for 33% LEAP, which would negate the loss of FLSA.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadMan1775 View Post
          Yep that's the method I'm using. Damn the nor's came out fast. How fast do you think it'll be to get an offer? I know they go by score, I hope I'm good I got a 100.
          According to the following article out of D.C., it will take 8 months to train 1,000 new recruits. You also have all the other applicants that have been waiting in line from previous announcements. Regardless, if this is true it would be one of the quickest turnarounds I have seen.

DHS Secretary Napolitano touts border security bill
          August 16, 2010 - 5:22am

J.J. Green, wtop.com

WASHINGTON - The Senate has okayed another $600 million to shore up security along the U.S. border with Mexico. But is it enough?

At a White House news conference, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano championed efforts by the Senate and the President to get the bill passed.

She said the extra resources are sorely needed.

"The addition of a thousand more border patrol agents on top of the 20,000 we already have -- that is significant," Napolitano said.

Napolitano says the bill will help combat narcotic smuggling and associated violence.

"Unmanned aerial systems that we can add to the ones we already have, along with the fixed wing and helicopters that we have, that allows us to have 24/7 air coverage along this border," she said.

It will take about eight months to get a thousand new personnel trained and deployed on the border.

Critics say the legislation falls short of the mark because it does not include a program that charges illegal immigrants with a low-level crime and requires them to spend time in jail.

Comment

• I think that by 24/7 air coverage they must mean that somewhere along both borders there is at least one aircraft up...

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
              I think that by 24/7 air coverage they must mean that somewhere along both borders there is at least one aircraft up...
              Weather and aircraft maintenance schedule permitting of course...

Comment

• Of course.............................

Comment

• We could use some small, locally operated UAVs- my .02
                  trainee

Comment

• They aren't all they're cracked up to be...

Comment

• I've used the smaller UAVs and they are more work and they are time consuming; never really got any good intel off of them. Overseas they would crash and you had to go find them, it utilized to many resources without paying out in valuable intelligence. Predators are way more effective at higher cost but well worth the price at least from my experience overseas.
                      BPA -
                      Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                      TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Kinda freaking out. Did I score high enough to make the cut for this round? (92, no vet points). I'm reading that others are getting 105 with their vet points, others 99 to 100 without.

I'm sure the test score average in the pool is higher since the job market is basically zilche. Speaking of which, what is the average score on the BPA exam?

Comment

• Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
                          Kinda freaking out. Did I score high enough to make the cut for this round? (92, no vet points). I'm reading that others are getting 105 with their vet points, others 99 to 100 without.

I'm sure the test score average in the pool is higher since the job market is basically zilche. Speaking of which, what is the average score on the BPA exam?
                          Don't sweat the test score. You did fine. I got a 74 on it when I tested for the NB vacancy. Worked out in my favor since I applied the test score to this vacancy and got a TO right away. I never got a TO for the NB, but with a 92 you will be fine.

Comment

Kinda freaking out. Did I score high enough to make the cut for this round? (92, no vet points). I'm reading that others are getting 105 with their vet points, others 99 to 100 without.

don't worry about it. ur score is probably fine.
                            the only people bragging online are those that scored well. all others (the majority) are keeping quiet. count all those posts of 95+ scores and then realize there are 100,000 applicants, 1000 positions.

also there are a lot of x factors in the app process such as Bi, poly, fitness, drug etc, that can drop a candidate.

Comment

Calm down. If you read over at the delphi forums, you will see that people with scores in the 70's who switched from NB to SB are getting tentative offers. That seems to be a good indicator that our scores (I got a 91 with no vet points) are good enough. If not then I still have my job at the BOP, and I don't have to move
                              What is Perseverance?
                              -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                              -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                              -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPat View Post
                                We aree keeping AUO. A change to leap would require congressional legislation. The proposals to go to LEAP that have been floated are for 33% LEAP, which would negate the loss of FLSA.
                                Ok, that's good. So here is the question. Let's say that I am hired as a GL-7. According to the announcement, I would become a GL-9 after 6 months. Then I am assuming that a year after that I would become an 11, and one more year later I would get my GS-12. Is that correct? Also do you receive step increases and grade increases concurrently? Here at the BOP, I started as a GL-5 step 1, and after my first year I become a GL-6 step 2, and in my third year I become a GL-7 step 3. Does it work that way as a BPA?
                                What is Perseverance?
                                -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                                -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                                -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11738 users online. 446 members and 11292 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X