• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think what he is referring to is the "Specialty Code."

001 = All US Citizens
    002 = Merit Promotion - Competitive
    003 = Merit Promotion - Non-competitive

Mine was a 002, since I am eligible for the VEOA provisions.
    Big Brother is watching

Comment

• Originally posted by GeauxForthTiger View Post
      That isn't any sort of specialty. That is just the pay scale level you will get paid. Google "government GS pay scale"
      You probably know this, but the Border Patrol is on the GL payscale:

http://www.opm.gov/oca/10tables/indexLEO.asp

Also, from the announcement:

"Accelerated Promotion Plan - The Border Patrol Agent position has an accelerated promotion plan. Individuals hired at the GL-5 level are eligible for promotion to the GL-7, and individuals hired at the GL-7 are eligible for promotion to GL-9 after six months of satisfactory performance."

Comment

• I just sent in my pre-employment forms via email. Yesterday was my official "no later than" date, however I tried to fax the documents 12 times yesterday, and it failed every attempt. After scanning the documents last night, I sent the email message with the forms attached earlier this morning, then called and spoke to a gentleman who said not to worry about the day delay and that I am still eligible to continue on with the hiring process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarhead_FBI_SA View Post
          I think what he is referring to is the "Specialty Code."

001 = All US Citizens
          002 = Merit Promotion - Competitive
          003 = Merit Promotion - Non-competitive

Mine was a 002, since I am eligible for the VEOA provisions.
          Yes, I qualify under 002 for both GL levels, according to the NOR I received in email. Thanks for the info.
          Last edited by avalon42; 08-20-2010, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post

"Accelerated Promotion Plan - The Border Patrol Agent position has an accelerated promotion plan. Individuals hired at the GL-5 level are eligible for promotion to the GL-7, and individuals hired at the GL-7 are eligible for promotion to GL-9 after six months of satisfactory performance."
            Sorry, so used to referring to the GS scale from interning at DEA. Thanks for clarifying what I meant.

Comment

• Just got my passing score. That puts me in the waiting for just another. (DEA, CBPO, CHP, ICE, LAPD, & BPA)

Comment

• You guys are killing me! I'm stressing the test, I take it Aug 30th, I've been studying and still don't feel real confident. I've never learned another language so this is a new concept for me.

Comment

• Relax, bro. Brush up on your English grammar so you aren't trying to learn two languages at once, and you'll be fine.
                  Big Brother is watching

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post

The pay scale is based off of the GS rating. GL is the job code, which is GL-1896 for Border Patrol. You gave the correct link to opm.gov, however if you go to "rest of the united states" that is where the salary rates vary for border patrol 5/7/9 $ 38, 619-63-259.
                    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

• took ithe test on the 18 got

My results today. I passed with a 100 with ten pt vet preference.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                        The pay scale is based off of the GS rating. GL is the job code, which is GL-1896 for Border Patrol. You gave the correct link to opm.gov, however if you go to "rest of the united states" that is where the salary rates vary for border patrol 5/7/9 $ 38, 619-63-259.
                        Negative.

GS = General Schedule
                        GL = General Schedule Law Enforcement

http://www.opm.gov/oca/pay/html/PayPlans.asp

As an trainee/intern you will be on the GL Scale until you promote to a GS-11. There is no GL pay grade above GL-10. A GS-11 in the Patrol is the same as a GS-11 anywhere else in the government without locality pay. A GL-5,7,9 is paid more than a GS-5,7,9 anywhere else in the gov't...again without locality pay.

http://www.opm.gov/oca/10tables/html/gl.asp

At your full performance level your pay plan will be GS, series - 1896, pay grade - 11. (Well now its a 12)

GS-1896-11

If you are a GL anything in the Patrol you will not have competitive status which you need 3 years for. Therefore your full performance level has not been achieved until you reach your time and will then be a GS-1896. Two years is just the probationary period.

Good luck with the process everyone and don't worry about the language. Take your time, you should be able to pick up the pattern pretty quick on the test.

Comment

• In case you didn't notice, mailing your stuff wouldn't be a problem. It has to be POSTMARKED by a certain day, not delivered by a certain day. You're still good to go.

Comment

Just got my results (Exam on the 16th), 97. Yay me.
                            Did you get any vet points? Either way, great score. Giving up on the USSS?
                            What is Perseverance?
                            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                              Did you get any vet points? Either way, great score. Giving up on the USSS?
                              Yeah, I had 5 vet points...so I guess I made a 92 without them.

Yeah, I suppose I've given up on the USSS. The hostile interrogation I got after my second polygraph didn't give me the warm and fuzzy. Oh well. I reapplied to the FBI and got nominated for Phase II, and now I've passed the BPA test...so we'll see how that goes.

I still have no BQA from the USSS, but I'm not going to wait around on them.
                              Big Brother is watching

Comment

Yeah, I had 5 vet points...so I guess I made a 92 without them.

Yeah, I suppose I've given up on the USSS. The hostile interrogation I got after my second polygraph didn't give me the warm and fuzzy. Oh well. I reapplied to the FBI and got nominated for Phase II, and now I've passed the BPA test...so we'll see how that goes.

I still have no BQA from the USSS, but I'm not going to wait around on them.
                                Don't give up on USSS just yet. You never know. Good luck with FBI and BPA. At this I'm applying for anything and everything that opens up. You know, the shotgun method
                                What is Perseverance?
                                -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                                -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                                -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10774 users online. 381 members and 10393 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X