Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• I got the news from my brother who has been a BPA now for eight years.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
        Like a wallet with federal identification and a badge inside.
        You mean you're not going to scan your creds and post the image on the internet?

Just my $0.02, but I am a proponent of carrying creds separate from the "wallet." More secure practices/behaviors are often less convenient.
        FBI CI 1811:
        June 2007: Applied
        July 2007: Phase I
        October 2010: Phase II
        March 2011: PFT, PSI, Polygraph, Medical
        April 2011: BI, Spouse Interview

Critical Skills: accounting & FLEO

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
          They said we were going to get ATB journeymen 12s last year but nobody has seen it or heard anything official about it since.
          OPM rerated our position last year. The bottleneck was the funding for the rest of this FY. The money was originally to come from the budget of another DHS Agency, but a certain high profile incident caused the other agency to use that money. The money was budgeted for FY11.

Don't believe it.
          It was announced today on CBPnet as well as by a mass e-mail.

Even if they do bump it up they will likely take away AUO pay and replace it with LEAP via some back door congressional action. If they do take away AUO everyone will loose FLSA which amounts to an 8% pay cut for a standard 100 hour pay period for everyone below grade GS 12 so everyone who is coming on the job will make quite a bit less money for several years.
          Taking away AUO will take an act of Congress. I seriously doubt that that is high on anybody's agenda in Congress right now, It is possible that this mnay happen a few years down the road. However, the proposals I have heard about involve switching to 33% LEAP which would negate the effect of losing FLSA.

Relax, man, and enjoy the extra money. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
            Like a wallet with federal identification and a badge inside.
            Just curious if you guys had cheapy/fake looking creds like my BOP creds.
            What is Perseverance?
            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• I feel bad for you guys... especially the LEADS... the skip on the increase for them is complete BS. Most of the LEADS I know do more work then their ICE counterparts. They should have really gotten the increase. Goes to show you what CBP's main priorities are. Sorry guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPO I View Post
                  I feel bad for you guys... especially the LEADS... the skip on the increase for them is complete BS. Most of the LEADS I know do more work then their ICE counterparts. They should have really gotten the increase. Goes to show you what CBP's main priorities are. Sorry guys.
                  It is just another battle yet to be fought. Hopefully they will soon get an increase too.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                    Just curious if you guys had cheapy/fake looking creds like my BOP creds.
                    They look like your average Federal badge/creds. IMHO, the INS ones looked much better, but the CBP ones are ok.....

Comment

• Well I took my test for BPA yesterday.. Fore warning to all applicants who have yet to take the test, You can not write on the test booklet. I had been studying dissecting the words with my pencil at home to find out you can not write on the booklet. You get one piece of scratch paper.

But I think I did alright

Comment

• Originally posted by Backpacking View Post
                        Well I took my test for BPA yesterday.. Fore warning to all applicants who have yet to take the test, You can not write on the test booklet. I had been studying dissecting the words with my pencil at home to find out you can not write on the booklet. You get one piece of scratch paper.

Yeah, I'll second that. If you're the sort who likes to do your work in a test booklet, get used to working on scratch paper before you take the test. No biggie, just take the practice booklet with a piece of paper next to you instead of "working it out" on the booklet. In my experience, that goes for most LE / gov't service exams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Backpacking View Post
                          Well I took my test for BPA yesterday.. Fore warning to all applicants who have yet to take the test, You can not write on the test booklet. I had been studying dissecting the words with my pencil at home to find out you can not write on the booklet. You get one piece of scratch paper.

They gave me 2 more pieces when I asked for it. I didn't like the ALT but it made sense once you familiarize yourself with the grammar rules.

Comment

• Just received my notice of results for the BPA test. I got a 91 with no vets preference.
                            What is Perseverance?
                            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• getting hired is the easiest part about being a Patrol Agent.

Comment

• Kansas, didn't you test on the 16th of this month? If so, that was fast!!! Did you recieve this info via email or letter with USPS??

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11105 users online. 429 members and 10676 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X