Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in Apr 2009 I took and passed the BP written test and went thru most of the hiring process. During my BI, I voluntarily withdrew from the hiring process for personal reasons. Now that I am applying again, apparently I dont have to take the written exam and the oral interview again since its valid for 2 yrs or something. The paperwork I got to be filled out and to be sent back to MHC within 10 days was not as much as the 1st time. Anyone know why? I was wondering why it was alot less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Armyguy83 View Post
      The paperwork I got to be filled out and to be sent back to MHC within 10 days was not as much as the 1st time. Anyone know why? I was wondering why it was alot less.
      Maybe because they realized that they will actually have to read all that paper work and just narrowed it down to necessary stuff.

Comment

• i took my test this morning. How long until I get the results? Thanks.

Comment

• hey guys, taking the written test on the 23rd. I don’t think it is a compressed testing site(Tulsa, OK). I don’t think anyone from BP will be there, right? I’m planning to wear comfortable clothing.
          Anything that I should know before the 23rd?
          (Oral interview no brainier, suit & tie)

Thank you guys, I’m new to the process. I just started reading this thread.
          BP
          Applied online: 07/15/2010
          Written test: 08/23/2010
          Notice of Results(NOR) 09/01/2010 (91 score No Vet points) GS-7
          TSL: Received 09/15/2010--Submitted 09/29/2011
          OB: 10/27/2010 Passed
          PT1/Medical: 03/09/2011 Passed
          TSL2(BI forms): Received 03/18/2011-Submitted 03/27/2011
          Drug test: 04/05/2011
          BI meeting: 5/11/2011
          BI completed???
          TSU???
          EOD???

Comment

• Welcome aboard. Read through the prior posts on this thread. the question about attire for the exam has been asked and answered many times.
            FBI CI 1811:
            June 2007: Applied
            July 2007: Phase I
            October 2010: Phase II
            March 2011: PFT, PSI, Polygraph, Medical
            April 2011: BI, Spouse Interview

Critical Skills: accounting & FLEO

Comment

• Originally posted by M_akaveli8 View Post
              hey guys, taking the written test on the 23rd. I don’t think it is a compressed testing site(Tulsa, OK). I don’t think anyone from BP will be there, right? I’m planning to wear comfortable clothing.
              Anything that I should know before the 23rd?
              (Oral interview no brainier, suit & tie)

Thank you guys, I’m new to the process. I just started reading this thread.
              If you are taking the artificial lang test make sure to study your manual. Get familiar with it. You will save a lot of time and stress on test day. I took the test in NYC and the only people their were OPM. People wore jeans,t-shirts, shorts etc.

Comment

• So what happens when one fails the written test? Will I be able to retest during the current announcement if I just tested yesterday? I might be jumping the gun but I spent way too much time on each question in the logical reasoning. Over reading!! I’m sure I scored pretty hi on the Spanish though.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                  So what happens when one fails the written test? Will I be able to retest during the current announcement if I just tested yesterday? I might be jumping the gun but I spent way too much time on each question in the logical reasoning. Over reading!! I’m sure I scored pretty hi on the Spanish though.
                  As far as I know you have to wait a full year to be able to retest. Unless that was another agency...
                  Hoping to make the move from one capital to another

Comment

• If you noticed it said something to the effect of Part 1 at the top of your packet of forms to fill out. You still have to do the E-Qip and such....

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                      So what happens when one fails the written test? Will I be able to retest during the current announcement if I just tested yesterday? I might be jumping the gun but I spent way too much time on each question in the logical reasoning. Over reading!! I’m sure I scored pretty hi on the Spanish though.

RESTRICTION: If you have taken the Border Patrol Agent examination previously and wish to retest either because you previously failed the test or because you would like to try to obtain a higher score, there is a required waiting period before you are eligible to retake the exam. You must wait twelve months from the date on your Notice of Results before you can register to retake the Border Patrol Agent examination.

From the announcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by jb5722
                        does anyone know if bp will do pay matching for persons already working in 6c positions within dhs?
                        the guys on honorfirst, told me yeah. Border Patrol will take your time in serivce, and put you at the appropriate step on the GS payscale. Now I have not confirmed this, so until you are offered same pay take it for what its worth. Im taking the test this week. When I got further in the process I was going to investigate this a little more.
                        Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• If I recall correctly, if you are moving within DHS, without a break in service, they have to match your base as per a CFR I don't care to look up at the moment.

Comment

• What do the credentials look like for a BPA?
                            What is Perseverance?
                            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                              What do the credentials look like for a BPA?
                              Like a wallet with federal identification and a badge inside.

Comment

• News has it that effective August 29th Border Patrol is now GS-12.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6622 users online. 335 members and 6287 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X