Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the replies guys. I sent off my TSL package today.

My dogs are what keep me sane and I'm sure that if push came to shove, I could hire one of those people that come to your house to feed and walk your dogs.

Comment

• Yeah, you can always find a neighborhood kid you can pay a few bucks a week to walk him and feed him.

Comment

• With the new hiring push, how many are they seriously looking to fulfill out of the 1000 new jobs created by the bill Obama signed? I assume there is an existing list of those eligible for hire that will push through first...anyone have any idea how many people are already on that list?

The local, county, and state agencies are hiring none right now...times are so bad some of them even shut down their reserve programs.

Comment

• BP is taking 100,000 applications before they close down. Not aware how many are in the pool already. But I took the CBPO exam back in Arpil 2009 and haven't heard a damn thing yet other than passing it. But BP is getting more competitive now because they've changed their physical fitness demands. You have to now run 1.5 miles before going to the academy and 20 push-ups. A lot of people can't run or do 20 push-ups.

Comment

• Dont forget, the written test is only the beginning, And more than likely you will get stuck in a small no name town in the middle of nowhere

Comment

• Interesting article on life as a Border Patrol agent. Something to really think about
                http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/na...1001965476735/
                USBP
                Written Exam: 8-20-2010
                NOR: 8-25-2010 (93)
                TO: 9-10-2010
                PFT1/Medical: 11-9-2010
                OB: 11-28-2010
                Drug Test: 2-2-2011
                BI Interview: 4-19-2011
                The call: 7-8-11 (Douglas, Az)
                EOD: 7-28-11

CBP
                TO: 6-15-2011
                PFT1: 7-8-2011

Comment

• That's not an article about the life of a Border Patrol Agent. That's an article about a choice made by two agents.

Comment

• Just took the test. Harder than I expected, but still nowhere near as bad as the TEA.
                    What is Perseverance?
                    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by geormar View Post
                        Some stuff....]
                        He is probably just trying to scare folks and thin out the herd of applicants. Classy.

Comment

• Originally posted by X1X1X1 View Post
                          He is probably just trying to scare folks and thin out the herd of applicants. Classy.
                          Just ran into the article and I thought some folks would like to read it. No hidden agenda here.
                          USBP
                          Written Exam: 8-20-2010
                          NOR: 8-25-2010 (93)
                          TO: 9-10-2010
                          PFT1/Medical: 11-9-2010
                          OB: 11-28-2010
                          Drug Test: 2-2-2011
                          BI Interview: 4-19-2011
                          The call: 7-8-11 (Douglas, Az)
                          EOD: 7-28-11

CBP
                          TO: 6-15-2011
                          PFT1: 7-8-2011

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                            Just took the test. Harder than I expected, but still nowhere near as bad as the TEA.

Yea, I've been studying for my test Aug 30. The ALT is more difficult than I expected. I keep messing up on just a couple of rules but I should have it down by the 30th. I'm assuming you passed or do you not know your results yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by BF280 View Post
                              Yea, I've been studying for my test Aug 30. The ALT is more difficult than I expected. I keep messing up on just a couple of rules but I should have it down by the 30th. I'm assuming you passed or do you not know your results yet?
                              It will be a few weeks before I know the results. Good luck on the test. I studied the ALT quite a bit and knowing the method used for translation and the rules will truly help you. I finished with only a couple of minutes to spare.
                              What is Perseverance?
                              -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                              -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                              -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                                Just took the test. Harder than I expected, but still nowhere near as bad as the TEA.
                                Agreed. I wasn't feeling to strong about my spanish abilities so I opted for the artifical language test. At first I was like FML, but once I got through the first section I started getting a feel for it and I think I did okay.

After the test there were current FLEOs who were like "Well, I guess I can write off this job" because they found it too difficult.
                                "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7692 users online. 167 members and 7525 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X