300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    The cut-off age for "new" CBPOs is 37. I currently haven't heard of OFO giving out an age waiver to anyone in the 37-40 crowd who wasn't already involved in the hiring process at some point before 07/2008, which is roughly the time CBPOs received 12D coverage.
    Thanks for the post but I just got this from the CPB site:

6. You must be younger than 40 at the time of selection. The limitation may be waived for applicants who are presently in Federal civilian law enforcement positions covered under the special retirement provisions of P.L. 100-238, or who have been in such positions in the past.

If you are aware of any other Fed LE jobs that allow someone my are please post

Comment

• Its any other federal law enforcement position with LE retirement. Not all of them get LE retirement.

Comment

• http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/08/...ex.html?hpt=T2

House passes $600 million border security billBy the CNN Wire Staff
        August 10, 2010 12:33 p.m. EDT
        STORY HIGHLIGHTS

Washington (CNN) -- The House of Representatives approved $600 million in emergency funding Tuesday to help secure the U.S.-Mexico border.

The measure, which passed in a voice vote, will now advance to the Senate for final congressional approval before being signed into law by President Obama.

Senators passed a similar plan last week.

Among other things, the bill provides for roughly 1,500 new law enforcement agents, new unmanned aerial vehicles, new forwarding operating bases and $14 million in new communications equipment.

The measure has attracted strong Democratic and Republican support. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano praised the plan last week, saying it would "add important, permanent resources to continue bolstering security on our Southwest border."

"These assets are critical to bringing additional capabilities to crack down on transnational criminal organizations and reduce the illicit trafficking of people, drugs, currency and weapons," she said.

The bill is funded in part by imposing higher fees on personnel companies that bring foreign workers into the United States.
        Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• Looks like the timing for my border patrol application process couldn't be any better!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rookieforlife View Post
            Thanks for the post but I just got this from the CPB site:

6. You must be younger than 40 at the time of selection. The limitation may be waived for applicants who are presently in Federal civilian law enforcement positions covered under the special retirement provisions of P.L. 100-238, or who have been in such positions in the past.

If you are aware of any other Fed LE jobs that allow someone my are please post

I don't doubt that. I'll be willing to bet it's in reference to OBP and not OFO though. CBP has had a recent history of blanket waivers for BP Agents, but not for CBP Officers.

The VA, DoD, FPS, U.S. Mint, PFPA, BIA, CIA, FBI, GPO, USPS, and many of other agencies have/had uniformed LEO's who fall outside of 6C/12D retirement and the associated age limit.

Comment

• My situation was that I was in TSU as a northern border applicant. I reapplied for the southern border and got a call from MHC asking me if I wanted to be considered for Norther or Southern. I told him Southern and he said that everything I had completed should transfer over. But a day or so ago I received another TO with a new applicant ID number and everything (my old applicant ID still works). Is there anything I can do so that all my prior process is transferred over?

Comment

• Try to get something in writing via email to cover your 6

Originally posted by mil_intel_sgt View Post
                My situation was that I was in TSU as a northern border applicant. I reapplied for the southern border and got a call from MHC asking me if I wanted to be considered for Norther or Southern. I told him Southern and he said that everything I had completed should transfer over. But a day or so ago I received another TO with a new applicant ID number and everything (my old applicant ID still works). Is there anything I can do so that all my prior process is transferred over?

Comment

• I recieved my Tentative Selection Letter today!!!!!! Okay this may not be the biggest deal in the world but it still is to me. I'm still having a hard time believing I'm finally back in this process. Anybody else get a present in their inbox???

Comment

• Originally posted by BORSTARSDbuff View Post
                    I recieved my Tentative Selection Letter today!!!!!! Okay this may not be the biggest deal in the world but it still is to me. I'm still having a hard time believing I'm finally back in this process. Anybody else get a present in their inbox???
                    have you tested before? is that why you got a TO already?
                    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/08/...ex.html?hpt=T1

Senate approves $600 million in border security fundsBy the CNN Wire Staff
                      August 12, 2010 11:42 a.m. EDT

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano says the plan will "continue bolstering security on our Southwest border."STORY HIGHLIGHTS
                      The Senate has passed $600 million in emergency border funds
                      The bill will now be signed into law by President Obama
                      The bill will fund 1,500 new border agents
                      The measure passed by unanimous consent