Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I posted this on Honorfirst, but also wanted to see if anyone else had any info.

I got "The Call" today for the Del Rio Sector-Uvalde.

Just wondering if any Agents out there have any info on type of work, station details, or good places to reside?

Comment

• Congrats brother!!! Best of luck to you!!!

Comment

• Doesn't NOR (Notice of results?) refer to when you received your test results on the written exam? Your NOR being one day after your application confuses me.
        Hoping to make the move from one capital to another

Comment

• He could have used a previous test score from a past announcement thus giving him a quick NOR.

Comment

• Originally posted by BORSTARSDbuff View Post
            If I don't get this job over a polygraph, I'm going to be an emotional wreck. But no need to stress over it now. I've got more pressing concerns in the hiring process.
            Don't let it bother you too much if you fail a poly. It's happened to me before, and though it still bothers me a little, it wasn't the end of the world. It's like fate telling you that it just wasn't meant to be and that bigger and better things are on the horizon.
            What is Perseverance?
            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
              In the past they never did polygraphs, then they only did 10% of applicants. Now, I've heard they "plan" on polygraphing everyone.
              Wouldn't it have to say in the hiring announcement if a polygraph was part of the hiring process?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cman21 View Post
                Wouldn't it have to say in the hiring announcement if a polygraph was part of the hiring process?
                It does. Section under background & security investigation. Last sentence. In bold.

Comment

Background Security Investigation: Prior to appointment, tentative selectees must undergo and satisfactorily complete a background investigation, which includes but is not limited to a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) name and fingerprint check and a 10-year background investigation. As part of the investigation you will be asked to complete and submit a security questionnaire (SF-86). The questionnaire will ask you questions regarding education, residences, past and current employers, police records, financial situation, drug and alcohol use, etc. The background investigation will consist of, among other things, a personal interview, a check for arrest records, a credit check, and interviews of employers and personal references. A history of problems in any of these areas may result in your disqualification for this position. Keep in mind that because we have a law enforcement mission, we set a very high standard for our employees. ]Appointment to this position may require the successful completion of a polygraph examination.

Comment

• double post
                    Last edited by PeeOwed; 08-05-2010, 08:22 PM. Reason: double post

Comment

• That's right, I used my old results. As for the comment about not passing the poly...I have a lot riding on this application. I WANT THIS JOB...Yeah..I need it. Secure job in an insecure time etc...I WANT IT. This job has been a dream for years and I didn't get it last time around. I've checked USAJOBS and cbp.gov everyday waiting for it to reopen. I've put a lot of time and effort into not screwing it up this time. To some applicants being a BPA is just another possible Fed job. Some people think it's a stepping stone for an 1811 gig. I want to be a Border Patrol Agent. Plain and simple. My future ambitions after I get into BP is to advance to other callings within the Patrol. Not trying to preach or anything, just saying.

Comment

Last I heard only a random selection of people are taking polygraphs. Has this changed? I hate those things. I have nothing to lie about but it is just the most uncomfortable situation I've ever been in.
                        Hey,

As far as I know EVERYBODY, before they EOD has to take a polygraph.......that’s what I have been told, I mean why not all and only a few? It would be very unfair, and I am telling you because I had to take as a CBPO applicant couple of weeks ago and guess what??? Like many others, I failed for no reason, just because I REACTED to questions.......read the CBPO forum you will find out more stories....

Comment

• Originally posted by ajeezy View Post
                          I posted this on Honorfirst, but also wanted to see if anyone else had any info.

I got "The Call" today for the Del Rio Sector-Uvalde.

Just wondering if any Agents out there have any info on type of work, station details, or good places to reside?
                          Congrats,

Just a question to help the rest of the applicants, did you get the polygraph test????

Comment

Well it did not said when I applied for CBP Almost 2 years ago and I had to take one, and in this announcement for BP it clearly says it......so the answer is yes we will get one down the road......I just think that they should do the poly and then do the BI, just to clear any doubts and not to disqualify you for reacting to a question......

Comment

That's right, I used my old results. As for the comment about not passing the poly...I have a lot riding on this application. I WANT THIS JOB...Yeah..I need it. Secure job in an insecure time etc...I WANT IT. This job has been a dream for years and I didn't get it last time around. I've checked USAJOBS and cbp.gov everyday waiting for it to reopen. I've put a lot of time and effort into not screwing it up this time. To some applicants being a BPA is just another possible Fed job. Some people think it's a stepping stone for an 1811 gig. I want to be a Border Patrol Agent. Plain and simple. My future ambitions after I get into BP is to advance to other callings within the Patrol. Not trying to preach or anything, just saying.
                              i know how you feel and think,

i am the same way, so just imagine not passing a poly like a did just for reacting, and seeing everything going down the toilet basically......

Comment

• What are the shifts like? Is it rotating or fixed--What hours are shift change,rougly? Am I understanding that you are supposed to work 8 hours shifts but will work 10 hours and receive AUO?

Thanks
                                BPA -
                                Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                                TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6970 users online. 406 members and 6564 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X